Tangents!

I'm pretty annoyed at how customers treat me as a person who works in retail. Simply because I work behind a counter does not mean that you're better than me and have the right to treat me like shit. I'm fairly sure my family could buy your entire family and keep you as slaves if we wanted to.

I think that :cheese: is the best bribe. And I just got quite a fair bit of cheese after visiting the Netherlands. Not enough for bribery though ;~;

Cheese seems to explain why the Dutch are so damn tall. I mean, my exchange partner was like a head taller than me or something D:

I'm sure it is DD :P

I also went to Volendam where all the windmills are. I didn't go there for the redlight district. Honestly it smelt horrendous and was funny for a quick walk through but other than that no thank you...

f(x)=x^2
f'(x)=2x

Therefore, Equation of tangent: y-y'=(2x')(x-x') for point (x',y') on the curve y=f(x)

Today I was instructing a youth employee in weeding and she asked "Why do weeds want to grow here?". I replied "Because weeds want to live, like any other plant".

Kids are funny.

mcmasterdonia:
I'm pretty annoyed at how customers treat me as a person who works in retail. Simply because I work behind a counter does not mean that you're better than me and have the right to treat me like shit. I'm fairly sure my family could buy your entire family and keep you as slaves if we wanted to.

I realised I sound like a real SOB in the above post.

mcmasterdonia:
mcmasterdonia:

I realised I sound like a real SOB in the above post.
No comment. :P

FTR, the slaves part was something one of my friends said this one time. I just borrowed it for that occasion.

don't hate me cos u aint me playr

People never think about surviving a zombie apocalypse in the long-term. I mean, come on, yea sure you scavenge for food, but how long is that going to be able to sustain you? If they truly believe in a zombie pandemic with such extent that it completely dissolves society as we know it then that grocery store is not going to be restocking its' shelves anytime soon. Then there's other things they don't think about, like fuel. "Gary Whitfield, Senior Fuel Chemist at BP Australia, says that in the right conditions, fuel can last up to 12 months." (Source.) 12 months. That means that, even if you find a source of fuel, you will not be able to run any vehicles beyond 12 months in ideal conditions. I bet that's a realization that very few people have made. They always think short-term, their entire plan is to get out of the city (if they're smart), or stay in the city and scavenge and there's just no step 2 or back-up plan. Cities will have thousands and thousands of zombies in them and with the odds stacked that high against you, even if you're the most bad-ass crack shot in the world, statistically speaking eventually you're going to make a mistake (trust me there's a billion and a half oppourtunites to do so) and it's going to cost you your life. As far as the other plan goes, OK you've escaped the city, now what? Where do you go? From what I've seen most people haven't thought that far ahead.

Beyond that, there's something else that people tend to forget, and that's the importance of water. Everyone always thinks that the first thing you need to find is food. False. You can live up to 3 weeks without any food, your body will most likely have some fat it can chew through. If you do not have any water to drink for 3 days you will die of dehydration. Even sooner than that you will begin to be weakened and become less and less effective due to the effects of dehydration. Finding a safe, or at least defensible, area and maintaining a supply of water should be first and foremost on your list. Please note, this defensible area should not be an area with only one way in or out (E.g. A rooftop). These zombies have all the time in the world and once you're surrounded they'll either smash at whatever is keeping them out of that entrance until they break it or wait until you die of dehydration or god knows what else before finally dispersing.

Might post another tangent on a different area of zombie-apocalypse thought later.

Meanwhile, what are the zombies eating and drinking? If they turn on each other, then surviving for a few weeks may well be enough. There will still be plenty of canned/dried food in stores at that point. A year's supply of fuel should be ample.

Why is there no method of writing a test or essay of some sort to skip first year english in college? We're going over grammar for god's sake! I'd like to consider myself quite fluent in the English language and capable of using the correct version of "their", "there", and "they're", thank you very much. I don't want to sound like I'm on some high horse but I took the highest level of English I could at my high-school from grade 9 straight through to grade 12! I just wish I didn't have to do this course on how to write an essay and when to use "your" and "you're" correctly.

I find it really annoying when people skip appointments without calling to let you know they won't be coming.

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
I find it really annoying when people skip appointments without calling to let you know they won't be coming.
Oops.........i was supposed to go to my opticians appointment; several weeks ago. In my defense my family is very busy we lose track of things :(

I'm realizing that I really should've taken a gap year. The last thing I want to do is be at school, I want to go places and see things. I've got this plan for a road trip. Buy a 1999 Jeep Cherokee, make some minor modifications for the length of the trip and drive from my aunt's house just North of Toronto and drive straight down to Argentina down the East Coast of the U.S. I will then drive up the West Coast to Vancouver, North to where the road ends in Alaska, then back south to Vancouver and take the Trans-Canada highway all the way out to the maritimes. I will then go through Northern Quebec before heading south-west back to my home in Toronto. I just keep dreaming about this trip and it's so easy to just stay at home and not go to school. I want to be anywhere else but here.

I really hope that you get to go on that trip fairly soon. I really do believe that travelling and going away before going to University was a fantastic experience for me. I am certain that I would have burned out if I had gone straight to University.

"No. It's a mystery. A man's at odds to know his mind cause his mind is aught he has to know it with. He can know his heart, but he don't want to. Rightly so. Best not to look in there. It aint the heart of a creature that is bound in the way that God has set for it. You can find meanness in the least of creatures, but when God made man the devil was at his elbow. A creature that can do anything. Make a machine. And a machine to make the machine. And evil that can run itself a thousand years, no need to tend it."

Yrkidding:
I'm realizing that I really should've taken a gap year. The last thing I want to do is be at school, I want to go places and see things. I've got this plan for a road trip. Buy a 1999 Jeep Cherokee, make some minor modifications for the length of the trip and drive from my aunt's house just North of Toronto and drive straight down to Argentina down the East Coast of the U.S. I will then drive up the West Coast to Vancouver, North to where the road ends in Alaska, then back south to Vancouver and take the Trans-Canada highway all the way out to the maritimes. I will then go through Northern Quebec before heading south-west back to my home in Toronto. I just keep dreaming about this trip and it's so easy to just stay at home and not go to school. I want to be anywhere else but here.
I wonder if YrKidding has made any plans regarding the above trip.

You want tangents? I've got one.

Pointless Rambling? Oh my, don't get me started on pointless rambling. Pointless rambling is just so.... pointless.... and.... ramble-istic! I can pointlessly ramble all day. In fact, did you know that Eminem is the greatest pointless rambler ever Speaking of Eminem, I like the candy that was named after him. I wonder what would happen if he changed his name to Skittle.... hmmm. Oh, I could wonder all day about candy and rappers. Hey, candy and rappers! Candy rappers! Get it? They're like, rappers named after candy, and it's such a wonderful pun. Candy, wrappers. <eyebrow movements> If you don't get it, it means like, "candy wrappers", which are those paper things that go around your candy. Now I want some candy. Who else wants some candy? Because I want some candy! Who doesn't want candy? Once I knew a guy one, he hated candy. Really, I don't know how that's possible. There's like supposed to be something in mammal phylegony (did I spell that right?) that makes it so that everybody likes candy. Except maybe him, I realised, once I met him. Or maybe he is lying. I don't know if I told you this before, but I hate liers. And people with bad spelling. They absolutely ruin the chance of an article looking falsely serious to be funny. Ooh, look, squeriils!!!

Well, back to subject. What was that again? Oh yes, about pointless rambling. Yes, pointless rambling... oh, where do I start on pointless rambling? Let's see.

Ah, yes, I know...

Pointless Rambling dates back to the days of the Declaration of Independence or something. Hey, wasn't that- that thing that gave America its constitution and government or whatever? Yeah. Except if you're some fancy-schmancy historian who knows about the Articles of Confedera, or something. Good I'm not one of those people. History majors give me the creeps. Anyway, pointless rambling has been known to date back to the 1300s. The 1300s were a great century. My great, great, great, great, lots o' greats, grandfather was from that time, though I guess that didn't tell you anything since I didn't specify the great's. Isn't it weird how when pronouncing your great, great, great... grandparent's great's that you suddenly stop and say grand? Well I think it's weird. Wonder how came about. Say, saying grand and great and grandparent all the time reminds me of a story my great grandparent told me:

There was a squireel. It jumped.
That story always freeked me out. Gee, I wonder why that spelling of squrrel was diffrent from the one above. Did I spell one of them wrong or something? I dunno.
Oh look. A squreil. It jumped! AAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!11!!!!

More related to the subject, did you know that the year 1337 was set in the 1300s? Yup, it's true. Anyway, let's get back on subject. Like some imporatant facts related to it. So, this guy holds the record for the longest time of non-stop pointless rambling. I know some dude that wants to break that record though; he's been practicing for weeks. I smell chicken soup. It's kind of weird, y'know, it's like, chicken and soup all in one. Sometimes I like potatoes with my soup. Yeah. Good stuff there.

This wasn't rambling just so you know....this guy did alot of speed at the moment and well kids that's what speed will do...make you talk about dumb stuff.

Pointless rambling is still highly present in today's society. Take George W. Bush for example. Heh, his last name is "Bush". Sometimes when I think of him, I imagine an apple tree giving an address to the nation. And that's just weird, because we all know that apple trees aren't bushes. Kind of funny when you think of it. Speaking of funny, have you ever seen Family Guy? Funny stuff there. Yuppity yuppers! It is a little funny....

Eh. I just felt like putting this in here out of my boredom. I'm bored. And hungry. Bored and hungry. Maybe I should eat something fun like.... Lucky Charms! They're magically delicious, and magic is fun. It's food too, so it solves all your problems. I might find the cure for cancer through the power of Lucky Charms one day! Cancer is also a yummy form of crab. It's also a zodiac sign. But I don't have that sign, unfortunately. Do you know what else is a good sign? A stop sign. It has big white letters that allow the driver to think about how calming it is, before they go into oncoming traffic. Speaking of traffic, how many people go on this forum a day? I would pay good money to find out. Speaking of money, have you ever seen a 5 dollar coin? Those things would be so sweet... change in my pocket. Have you ever gone swimming, and in the water there is a pocket of air in your swimsuit? Neither have I, but I have seen it. Dang, it would suck if I was blind. Then I could not look at any of these pages. How many pages does the Harry Potter books have? Bet it's at least a hundred or something. Might wanna go check someday.

And you know hat else is magical besides Lucky Charms? Wizards. They're magical, and damn awesome. I mean, for any magic/unexplained thing, you can just say "A wizard did it!" or something, and it'll make sense. You know what else makes sense? I dunno. Puppies, puppies, I guess make sense. Like, I dunno. What relates to this subject? Puppies now, I guess? Well, puppies... well, don't even get STARTED with puppies. Trust me, I've been there, and it's a bad road. Horrible... horrible. Trust me. In fact, it's so horrible, I'm going to drop the subject entirely.

Ya know, there are a lot of skills that come into pointless rambling, like the amount of RAM you have in your computer. If you keep rambling at all you might run out of mice in your house, and you will eventually have to replace them. Absence of mice in your house can lead to Mice poisoning and will kill you. But what is the meaning of life, anyway? I mean, so long as there is enough Harry Potter in the world to go around we should all be okay. Man, I need to go take a shower now, so please don't kill all your mice. This is sooooo cool-- really cool. I think I'm going to go look at the Diablo wiki now. DAMN, that's cool.

Meh, never mind. I just remembered some cool trivia.

Did you know that the 2nd ever recorded event of rambling occured in 1678? It all started at a dude ranch in Iowa, France. the ranch was owned by the duke of La Roche La Venti Deus BonBon. I mean if you want to be reall precise, which i know you do, then we should talk of the duke's job... i mean besides running a french dude ranch. Well the duke was a beagle farmer who also enjoyed the occasional voodoo incantations. why you may ask would a self respecting beagle farmer do voodoo back when voodoo was a crime punishable by hanging. Well it turns out that the duke was really a future super villain, his plan was to create a zombie beagle army and conquer the world. He wanted to create a new country called Finland. It was to take the place of modern day Turkey and it cheif import was the Blue Man Group. Its export was the Pink Man Group, you know the kind that are 12 ft long and are filled with demonic possesed cream filling, that was definitly not anciently fossilized t-rex eyeball juice. Anywho turned out his empire's capital was built on a volcano. One day it erupted, destroying the city and its 126 residents thus putting an end to whatever i was just talking about. 24 years later he built a jail on his reaquired french dude ranch. One foggy day in August i went to visit him, my mission was to burn down the dude ranch and build a factory. So I did.

There should be more pointless rambling on in this pointless rambling description because pointless rambling has no point.

Are you Sure?

Sounds like a dull pencil and dull pencil needs to be sharpened. Of course one could always buy mechanical pencils. Then you never have to waste time sharpening a pencil again. You could argue a pen would do, but then you couldn't erase mistakes. And pens tend not to be as easily refillable. I guess it depends on the type of pen or pencil, but we should all agree a non mechanical is pointless. Or at least will become pointless in a short period of time, depending on frequency of use, whilst a mechanical pencil can be used until its internal mechanism break. Now back to the topic on hand. Whales aren't they just beutiful?

Back