Admin Requests

Grosseschnauzer:
Approving posts is a mod thing, not an admin thing, Gov. Any one having mod powers in a particular area of the forums as well as Global Mods and Admin can approve requests.

If I haven't been keeping up with a particular area or thread, I tend to leave approving posts to those who are, simply because I might miss any nuances in the conversation.

I can't speak as to the others on the moderation team, and I won't speculate as to motives.
How do I get a hold of them if I Can't PM anyone?

Also one of my posts in Balder's embassy needs still to go through, since I'm now Balder's ambassador to TNP

Govindia:

That is your problem not ours. The mods will approve your posts when we see them. Don't forget you are on post moderation and PM restriction due to your behaviour. Part of the consequences of that is having to wait for your posts to be approved.

mcmasterdonia:
Govindia:

That is your problem not ours. The mods will approve your posts when we see them. Don't forget you are on post moderation and PM restriction due to your behaviour. Part of the consequences of that is having to wait for your posts to be approved.
Thats not really fair, you should at least PM them for him.

He just said he can't pm anyone -.- #smh

Gov, you have to take the consequences you receive. Its not the Admins fault for your behaviour.

One thing you could do is post a request in the mod requests thread. I would hope that mods frequent that thread, ah, frequently.

I have discussed with some of my Ministers the idea of a PM upon registration. This would help new members to find the appropriate area's of the board easily and will save time for the cabinet in welcoming people.

The script is as follows and goes "Below the Board":

<script type="text/JavaScript">
//<![CDATA[
// Auto PM on Registration Created by Viral - http://zbaio.zetabin.com
var pm = {};
pm.newmessage = "New Message";
pm.from = "System Message";
pm.subject = "Welcome to the Forum!";
pm.content = 'Hello and welcome!';
pm.sent = "One minute ago";
pm.url = "#";
pm.id = $("#top_info strong a").text();
pm.sendmessage = function()
{
$.get(main_url+"msg/?c=2",{},function(data)
{
pm.xc = $("input[name=xc]",data).val();
pm.secure = $("input[name=secure]",data).val();
$.post(main_url+"msg/?c=3&sd=1",{name:pm.id,xc:pm.xc,msg:0,fwd:0,convo:0,draft_edit:0,secure:pm.secure,title:"wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",post:pm.content,track:1},function(){window.name = window.name.replace("reg=1","");pm.getmessage();});
});
}
pm.toast = function(url,newmessage,from,subject,sent)
{
$("#copyright").after('<div id="pmtoast" style="display: block;"><a id="pmlink" href="'+url+'"><big>'+newmessage+'</big><small>From:</small><strong>'+from+'</strong><br/><small>Subject:</small><strong>'+subject+'</strong><br/><small>Sent:</small><strong>'+sent+'</strong></a><a id="pmclose" href="#">Close</a></div>');
$("#pmclose").click(function(){$(this).parent().hide("slow");});
}
pm.getmessage = function()
{
$.get(main_url+"msg/?folder=-2",{},function(data){
pm.data = $("table.pm.togglechecks tr.row1:first td:first a",data);
pm.url = pm.data.attr("href");
with(pm)
{
toast(url,newmessage,from,subject,sent);
}
});
}
pm.clean = function()
{
if(document.title == "wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P"){
document.title = pm.subject;
var theTitle = $("#boardmeta").next().children();
theTitle.eq(0).html(theTitle.html().replace("wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",pm.subject));
$("#main a[href="+$('#top_info strong a').attr('href')+"]").parent().html(pm.from);
var nav = document.getElementById("nav");
nav.innerHTML = nav.innerHTML.replace("wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P",pm.subject);
$("#conversation").next().remove();
$("#conversation tr:first td:first img").remove();
}
$("table.pm.togglechecks tr a").each(function()
{
if($(this).text() == "wJf3V99o_I8hI_c8q-P")
{
$(this).text(pm.subject).parent().next().html(pm.from);
}
});
}
pm.register = function()
{
if(location.href.match(//register/?c=1/gi)){
$("button[type=submit]").click(function()
{
window.name = "reg=1";
});
}
}
pm.logged_in = function()
{
return $("#top_info small a").size() == 1;
}
pm.startAuto = function(){
if(window.name.match("reg=1"))
{
if(pm.logged_in() === true)
{
pm.sendmessage();
}
else
{
window.name = window.name.replace("reg=1","");
}
}
}
pm.startAuto();
pm.register();
pm.clean();
//]]>
</script>

The Message we would like sent out to new members is:

Hello and welcome to the North Pacific's regional forums!

It's wonderful to have you join a large community of a large variety of members. To get you started, I would suggest reading our Welcome and Orientation FAQ. It should provide you with the necessary information to get you started in the regional forums.

These forums are very large and have a number of subforums. This can cause a lot of confusion and problems in regards to posting and getting around when you first arrive; thankfully, we have our updated TNP Yellow Pages to help. Simply bookmark the page and it should help you get around.

Finally, you may have some more questions about the North Pacific and these two threads may not give you all the answers. Fear not, because we have an entire FAQ Subforum. Currently, it is being redesigned and updated, so not all threads may be up to date at this time. If you have any questions the FAQs do not answer feel free to post your question here

Welcome to our regional forums, and enjoy your stay!

Yours Sincerely,

The North Pacific

I'll vouch for its safety, I used it on another forums.

The problem is it didn't seem to work...

My Minister of Foreign Affairs and I both agree that Embassy Row would be tidier if the Embassy threads were replaced with subforums.

It would also make it easier for the Foreign Envoys to find them, especially as the posts drop further back below the date threshold. It would also allow for the pinning of relevant treaties and other agreements in the individual embassies for easy reference.

Overall better organization, easier access. Blah blah.

I'm not asking this be done now, because currently we are working through inactive embassies and arching some. Just questioning the Admin Gods about whether this would be possible? I would be happy to set up the forums if the time factor is an issue. I would also move all relevant threads into their relevant embassy once the forums were made.

I have not forgotten about the new member PM request.

I would really prefer if our RPers were citizens or RA members, or at least foreign envoys. The Member group can't even send personal messages for security reasons right now. [staff]Otherwise an antagonistic actor could register through a proxy and begin sending obscene PMs immediately without administration having any ability to stop them.[/staff]

If embassies are subfora then the administration team is forever needed to maintain them. Are you sure you want this? I have no opposition to it personally but as it's such a sweeping change I won't be implementing it without the root admin's okay.

Beyond making the subforum/archiving it months later if it goes inactive, what maintenance is there?

I think it would look better and be more efficient.

Yes adding them is a not so trivial a process, one must name them, categorize them, and correctly apply settings and permissions to them.

Eluvatar:
Yes adding them is a not so trivial a process, one must name them, categorize them, and correctly apply settings and permissions to them.
As I said, give me admin for a few hours and I'll set up all the outstanding ones. New ones would need to be added of course, but I'm unconvinced that should take too long.

Requests for embassies would be posted here by FA Minister or Delegate.

Unfortunately, being an admin will involve the addition of forums.

DRUK has resigned from the NPA. His masking will need to be edited accordingly if he still has access to the NPA forum.

mcmasterdonia:
As I said, give me admin for a few hours and I'll set up all the outstanding ones. New ones would need to be added of course, but I'm unconvinced that should take too long.
Since McM seems to have clearly in his mind what he wishes to achieve, and he has been admin before, I would see no problem with this.

Perhaps the Root Administrator would give his permission?

Kiwi:
DRUK has resigned from the NPA. His masking will need to be edited accordingly if he still has access to the NPA forum.
I have looked at DRUK's masking and he does not seem to have a NPA mask. Perhaps another admin has already done this?

flemingovia:
Kiwi:
I have looked at DRUK's masking and he does not seem to have a NPA mask. Perhaps another admin has already done this?
Could be! Thanks Flem.

It seems a bit absurd to still have the Christmas festivities section still up. I humbly beg permission to be allowes to archive the area.

I am afraid that creating or removing forum areas requires more than the delegate's permission. To do this I require the go-ahead from the Root Admin

Could Welsh Cowboy please be given NPA masking? And Patriots needs to be security checked.

Thank you.

Please remove Elrohir's RA mask - his nation in TNP has moved.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and all these people.
John2845
Masanmay
Jack Dixie
Mavis
Kyle Keeling
Khan
James Martin
peoples empire
ryanchua94
Moosemenland
tear151
Seomis
PRMH

Plus these six, who aren't on the rolls, but never lost their mask:
Tyrranus
rufusexc
Terra Lucum
The Archer
Emperor Bad
Drumgol

Kiwi:
Could Welsh Cowboy please be given NPA masking? And Patriots needs to be security checked.

Thank you.

Done.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Please remove Elrohir's RA mask - his nation in TNP has moved.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and all these people.
John2845
Masanmay
Jack Dixie
Mavis
Kyle Keeling
Khan
James Martin
peoples empire
ryanchua94
Moosemenland
tear151
Seomis
PRMH

Plus these six, who aren't on the rolls, but never lost their mask:
Tyrranus
rufusexc
Terra Lucum
The Archer
Emperor Bad
Drumgol
... done.
Kingborough:
I was wondering if myself and Alvino could get moderation powers over the Issues forum as it really should fall under the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment; http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/39587/

What says Comrade Delegate?

I don't think issues are a matter for Culture and Entertainment. The forum is not used as it is, and would possibly be better off being removed. If it's used, and there is a need for it to require more moderation than the Global Mods, I would have no issue with it.

The following nations have been removed from the RA for failing to maintain a nation in The North Pacific:

Unibot
Camwood
Haor Chall
Richalpoaz

Back