OOC: RP Brainstorm Thread

Here's my ideas:
1400s-1700s Slave trade in the New Continents
International Natural Disasters
Widespread Plague

I'm still opposed to any role-play that involves large scale writing of a continent's history. We never did it with the old ones, would rather not start with the new ones.

The point of the Roleplay is to make the History of everything else. You can't just be stopped because some guy wants his country to be the biggest and strongest empire in the world. You can't decline a war from another Nation because you doesn't want that in your History. This is Roleplay and you either have to deal with what you get, or just report it to the RP Mods if its plain Godmod.

Sytarenne:
The point of the Roleplay is to make the History of everything else. You can't just be stopped because some guy wants his country to be the biggest and strongest empire in the world. You can't decline a war from another Nation because he doesn't want that in his History. This is Roleplay
You misunderstand me. I'm opposed to someone writing a continent's history when they have zero vested interest in it. Perfect example, look at where Ceretis, Callaici and Xentherida are. There is a joint role play that involves all nation's on that continent (if they so choose to get involved) and flesh out the history of the past if it somehow crossed a nation's border. I'm all for that sort of role play.

Sytarenne:
I'm not talking about writing someones history, I'm talking about creating and actually doing that History.
So just to be clear... For example, you want to take the continent that Tir na Andalucia is on (just one of the new continents) and dictate it's history when you yourself have zero interest in it and then tell any new claim there (one of which is mine), that they have to follow the history of the scenario you did?

You don't get it. How is taking some area, taking them as slaves, forcing them to do labor in our nation in 1400 have anything to do with what your talking about? We can't write their history and say that they had some weird culture or anything, I'm saying we can take slaves by force from their country which has nothing to do with any Civilizations past.

Kalti:
Sytarenne:
The point of the Roleplay is to make the History of everything else. You can't just be stopped because some guy wants his country to be the biggest and strongest empire in the world. You can't decline a war from another Nation because he doesn't want that in his History. This is Roleplay
You misunderstand me. I'm opposed to someone writing a continent's history when they have zero vested interest in it. Perfect example, look at where Ceretis, Callaici and Xentherida are. There is a joint role play that involves all nation's on that continent (if they so choose to get involved) and flesh out the history of the past if it somehow crossed a nation's border. I'm all for that sort of role play.
What will they do when someone stops RPing and gets taken off the map and a new nation claims their spot?

Guys!

I have an RP coming up very soon. I'm working on it with Darcania. You'll love it!

No no. It's gonna shock everyone because it's both different/original and done before. It's a combination purebred to create a masterful story.

Syrixia:
I have an RP coming up very soon. I'm working on it with Darcania. You'll love it!
Please don't get people's hopes up. Not to sound depressing, but when you get people's hopes up, the end result will always be a disappointment.

1400s-1700s Slave trade in the New Continents
Difficult to do if you specify locations as you may be taking slaves from this area in the 1400s - 1700s but what if a new nation appears saying they've been in that area since 1000 AD and you never took slaves. Are you imposing your history on them or are they invalidating yours with rights?

International Natural Disasters AND Widespread Plague
I believe I proposed both of these and was shot down promptly because people didn't want to participate.

1) "The point of the Roleplay is to make the History of everything else."

No. The point of role play is to have fun, and collaborate on a good story.

2) "You can't decline a war from another Nation because you doesn't want that in your History."

Yes, you bloody well can. No one gets to dictate to another person what is going to happen in their own country; past, present of future. It is a collaboration. It is role play, not role "you have to go along with me because I want to write the global history of TNP".

Also, Do were really have to repeat European colonial history by the book? How about doing a role play where our eastern countries discover the west and get our asses handed to us by the indigenous people and/or the climate, and we have to come crawling back, our tails between our legs. How about they take our explorers as slaves?

You want to make some kind of epic role play for which you can take credit so bad, you want everyone else to adapt their nations to your "history". That's textbook god modding.

Piscivore:
1) "The point of the Roleplay is to make the History of everything else."

No. The point of role play is to have fun, and collaborate on a good story.

2) "You can't decline a war from another Nation because you doesn't want that in your History."

Yes, you bloody well can. No one gets to dictate to another person what is going to happen in their own country; past, present of future. It is a collaboration. It is role play, not role "you have to go along with me because I want to write the global history of TNP".

Also, Do were really have to repeat European colonial history by the book? How about doing a role play where our eastern countries discover the west and get our asses handed to us by the indigenous people and/or the climate, and we have to come crawling back, our tails between our legs. How about they take our explorers as slaves?

You want to make some kind of epic role play for which you can take credit so bad, you want everyone else to adapt their nations to your "history". That's textbook god modding.

THANK YOU! /hugs Piscivore...

True Sebland:
Weren't the the new continents discovered at the same time as the old ones were?

Have to ask Nierr about that one.

@Piscivore:

latest
[/spoiler

Ceretis:
I believe I proposed both of these and was shot down promptly because people didn't want to participate.
Yeah, honestly, those RPs would just be a lot of people dying. You'd have some blargh noises as people vomit out their eyes or get crushed by rocks, but really... there's hardly any room for a good story, much less a national RP story.

Kannex:
Ceretis:
Yeah, honestly, those RPs would just be a lot of people dying. You'd have some blargh noises as people vomit out their eyes or get crushed by rocks, but really... there's hardly any room for a good story, much less a national RP story.
I don't know, the ways that different governments and their agencies react could work, if done right.

Piscivore:
Kannex:
Ceretis:
I don't know, the ways that different governments and their agencies react could work, if done right.
That's what I thought! You could have the drama unfold as they discover this epidemic, the reactions of the people and government and their responses. International aid possible. Maybe some people find some minor treatment that reduces the fatalities. Who knows, maybe you forced all the sick onto an island and burned their former towns to the ground. There's a world of possibilities.

Piscivore:
True Sebland:
Weren't the the new continents discovered at the same time as the old ones were?
I don't know, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask. :)
We had a good shunning of those continents this whole time and now everybody wants to acknowledge their existence and colonize them. What happened to the good old days when we tossed the cartographers in the stockades for drawing them onto the map??? Hmmm.... *Pffff*

Piscivore:
Hmmm... the Italian Army only narrowly beat the Abyssinians in the 1930s despite the fact that they had machine guns and mustard gas.

But then again, Mussolini's army was a laughingstock.

Piscivore:
Nearly anything could work if done right. The issue is making sure it's done right. I have no doubt that there are enough skilled, active RPers to make that work, however.

(Sorry for being late on this.)
Cronaal:
Sytarenne:
Do an RP that has nothing to do with: War, Peace, Independence, Riots, Secession, Terrorists, Colonization, Treaties, Obvious Organizations and so on. They are all the overused Roleplay's.
your overused
Cronaal:
Sytarenne:
Eluvatar:
Cronaal is cautioned not to engage in personal conflicts particularly with Unbearable Idiot.
That wasn't personal conflict.
That was being dumb.
<3
Cronaal, these posts are a little too close to baiting. If you don't have anything constructive to say to Sytarenne, don't say anything, especially considering your history with them.

Edit: I know your humor usually involves things like "you're X", etc., but since you have a history with Sytarenne please avoid using that type of humor on them. I retracted the official purpletext for this reason, but please, seriously, just don't engage with Sytarenne if at all possible.

I'm also letting you off on the malicious quote editing from other posts ("Unbearable Idiot") considering that they were mistakes. As per my PM, please ensure it doesn't happen again.

Apologies, I didn't know the extension actually replaced the words. I always say Sytarenne quickly disappear, I'll remove it soon.

Its so obvious you don't have that extension and you just switch Sytarenne to Unbearable idiot

And by the way, if you don't think the Slave trade nor epidemic would work (they are more interesting then waging war all day), then which RP do you think would be better?

Sytarenne:
Its so obvious you don't have that extension and you just switch Sytarenne to Unbearable idiot
I've seen the pattern of when he replaces your name, and it matches with his story. Plus, I'm pretty sure Cronaal would be too lazy to actively do so in such a specific pattern.

If it happens again, feel free to report it, as this is the second time I let him get away with it, and he stated he'd remove the extension.

Darcania:
Sytarenne:
I've seen the pattern of when he replaces your name, and it matches with his story. Plus, I'm pretty sure Cronaal would be too lazy to actively do so in such a specific pattern.

If it happens again, feel free to report it, as this is the second time I let him get away with it, and he stated he'd remove the extension.
Quote should check out <3

Sytarenne:
And by the way, if you don't think the Slave trade nor epidemic would work (they are more interesting then waging war all day), then which RP do you think would be better?
I agree with you that all these wars are getting stale, but not all events between nations, or by extension role plays, have to be global events.

For instance, if you coordinates with someone else, the two of you could do an RP where a company in Country X causes an environmental problem in Country Y (Bhopal, Exxon Valdez, etc.)

You could do an RP about diplomatic conflict over resource rights, like the US/Canada dispute over fishing rights in the Pacific.

If you really want to do an epidemic or natural disaster, do one that affects your country and ask other countries for help; it doesn't have to be a global pandemic to be interesting.

I haven't approached him with it yet because I'm overcommited just now, but I'm contemplating a RP with Syrixia where one of our companies (representing a karass, an extended family group which are essentially ungoverned) doing business in Syrixa under the table to avoid our high taxes.

Get your feet wet with something a little less ambitious.

Sytarenne:

Here's a better question. if there was a slave trade, where would the slaves be imported from, hm?

Syrixia:
Sytarenne:

Here's a better question. if there was a slave trade, where would the slaves be imported from, hm?

Añola.

Back