OOC: RP Brainstorm Thread

Felis

TNPer
Many a time have I thought of an RP idea, knowing I wouldn't follow it up, and wanted to post it but didn't for the said reason. Here's a thread to discuss and inspire.

Let's do an RP in which all the leaders of the world decide to get together and have world peace. We should list it under the "fantasy" category.

Kannex:
Let's do an RP in which all the leaders of the world decide to get together and have world peace. We should list it under the "fantasy" category.
Looking at Syrixia here.

Let's have an RP where Syrixia doesn't declare war on anyone and not a single shot is fired or ounce of blood spilled. Then all the world leaders fly to Eumenor on their pigs and there's a massive celebration because there's been a roleplay that hasn't decayed into shambles. We'll file it under the same category as Kannex's.

I don't understand why Kannex has that reputation of being warlike and bloodthirsty. We're just defending our regional interests.

Kannex:
I don't understand why Kannex has that reputation of being warlike and bloodthirsty. We're just defending our regional interests.
That's what the German Empire said in 1914.

Syrixia:
Kannex:
They'd felt pressured to join Austria after the murder of Franz Ferdinand I believe.

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Kannex:
They'd felt pressured to join Austria after the murder of Franz Ferdinand I believe.
Then explain why Germany attacked Belgium and France and Russia? When Austria attacked Serbia it was presumed that this would just be a Third Balkan War.

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Kannex:
Then explain why Germany attacked Belgium and France and Russia? When Austria attacked Serbia it was presumed that this would just be a Third Balkan War.
We weren't taught about that.

EDIT: THREADJACKING, YOU SCUM.

True, true.

Hey, maybe we could talk about this in the university? A history debate thread of sorts?

Syrixia:
Kannex:
You must be Austria, because I'm dragged into fighting your wars.

Cronaal:
I'm thinking of an RP set in 3015 where the Eknorve Civil War actually happens.
We already did an RP like that called the Eknorve Civil War. :rofl:

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Yeah but it'll most likely turn out different and also make sense. <3
I think it was fine before. We just didn't finish it because a buncha nations condemned the execution. Call a party and don't reveal the execution if you're gonna do it again, and then reveal it when the time actually comes. Then, we can do the whole James Bond Rescue of Jok'mey thing, and you can then do your whole Capture Tricked Ya thing, and then we can escape la di da.

Idk what I'm saying at this pt.

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Yeah but it'll most likely turn out different and also make sense. <3
I think it was fine before. We just didn't finish it because a buncha nations condemned the execution. Call a party and don't reveal the execution if you're gonna do it again, and then reveal it when the time actually comes. Then, we can do the whole James Bond Rescue of Jok'mey thing, and you can then do your whole Capture Tricked Ya thing, and then we can escape la di da.

Idk what I'm saying at this pt.
And I can do the whole pointing guns at everyone as soon as they're in one room thing.

Do an RP that has nothing to do with: War, Peace, Independence, Riots, Secession, Terrorists, Colonization, Treaties, Obvious Organizations and so on. They are all the overused Roleplay's.

Sytarenne:
Do an RP that has nothing to do with: War, Peace, Independence, Riots, Secession, Terrorists, Colonization, Treaties, Obvious Organizations and so on. They are all the overused Roleplay's.
your overused

Sytarenne:
What would it be about then?

True Sebland:
Unbearable Idiot:
Charity Aid etc.

True Sebland:
Sytarenne:
History is random. You don't know what to expect.
It can be various things. I'm guessing we could do an RP of when the New Continents were found and all old-Nations could sort of do a Slave-Trade?

By the way, Cronaal is trying to piss me off. He just renames everything from Sytarenne to "Unbearable Idiot" he doesn't really have an extension. oOo

Sytarenne:
True Sebland:
Sytarenne:
It can be various things. I'm guessing we could do an RP of when the New Continents were found and all old-Nations could sort of do a Slave-Trade?
Yeah, I suppose those RPs would be quite interesting! :D

True Sebland:
Unbearable Idiot:
True Sebland:
Unbearable Idiot:
Yeah, I suppose those RPs would be quite interesting! :D
No it wouldn't. I have no doubt Syrixia would denounce and declare war on those nations. Maybe.

War in this RP needs to be fair. We need to see based on what each nations decision and their defense force scale would be in-case a war breaks out. Therefore Syrixia can't just run off and declare a war.

The problem with doing a large scale history role play scenario of the old and new continents is that it will devolve into god-modding and ultimately not work, especially for the old continents. You have so many established nations already on the map, some with quite detailed backstories and histories. Overruling the national history that people have spent so much time building is disrespectful and not something I would ever participate in. Heck, the same thing will happen if you try to do this with the new continents. If you role play a mass scenario detailing the history of a new continent, then you are condemning all new future nations that are claimed there to conform to and follow the history that you set forth.

Kalti:
The problem with doing a large scale history role play scenario of the old and new continents is that it will devolve into nicolas cage-modding and ultimately not work, especially for the old continents. You have so many established nations already on the map, some with quite detailed backstories and histories. Overruling the national history that people have spent so much time building is disrespectful and not something I would ever participate in. Heck, the same thing will happen if you try to do this with the new continents. If you role play a mass scenario detailing the history of a new continent, then you are condemning all new future nations that are claimed there to conform to and follow the history that you set forth.
I believe Sytarenne mentioned this to be happening in the present day with backwards nations, I may be wrong

Kalti:
The problem with doing a large scale history role play scenario of the old and new continents is that it will devolve into god-modding and ultimately not work, especially for the old continents. You have so many established nations already on the map, some with quite detailed backstories and histories. Overruling the national history that people have spent so much time building is disrespectful and not something I would ever participate in. Heck, the same thing will happen if you try to do this with the new continents. If you role play a mass scenario detailing the history of a new continent, then you are condemning all new future nations that are claimed there to conform to and follow the history that you set forth.
We could just use the unclaimed areas as the new continents and force people there to just deal with it

They are unclaimed, so I'm guessing we can take the areas for ourselves.

Cronaal:
Kalti:
The problem with doing a large scale history role play scenario of the old and new continents is that it will devolve into nicolas cage-modding and ultimately not work, especially for the old continents. You have so many established nations already on the map, some with quite detailed backstories and histories. Overruling the national history that people have spent so much time building is disrespectful and not something I would ever participate in. Heck, the same thing will happen if you try to do this with the new continents. If you role play a mass scenario detailing the history of a new continent, then you are condemning all new future nations that are claimed there to conform to and follow the history that you set forth.
I believe Sytarenne mentioned this to be happening in the present day with backwards nations, I may be wrong
From Sytarenne: when the New Continents were found and all old-Nations could sort of do a Slave-Trade

The part I highlighted... we never did a mass role play to determine how the old continents were founded because we left that to the various nations residing there. I am of the same mindset in letting that happen with the new continents instead of just a few of us dictating the history for everyone else.

Sytarenne:
Kalti:
We could just use the unclaimed areas as the new continents and force people there to just deal with it

I was thinking we'd mention the rough area in the RP but never where they are so people can have their nations.

Sytarenne:
Kalti:

I don't look at it as unclaimed land. I look at is as uncharted territory with nations we have yet to met who have their own histories.

That also brings up a new problem.
Player 1 says he once ruled over all of his landmass, because the landmass he is in is not controlled over.
Player 2 joins TNP and has his nation reside over that landmass, but his history is forced to be once controlled over. So Player 1 has to remove that history.
This will start and continue other problems in peoples history eventually turning out that every person will be criticized for their RPs and History, creating their Nation made to be completely different then it actually is.

Sytarenne:
That also brings up a new problem.
Player 1 says he once ruled over all of his landmass, because the landmass he is in is not controlled over.
Player 2 joins TNP and has his nation reside over that landmass, but his history is forced to be once controlled over.
This will start and continue other problems in peoples history eventually turning out that every person will be criticized for their RPs and History.
And yet we haven't run into that problem yet on the old continents. So far, every nation's history I have seen has been considerate and mindful of their neighbors and surrounding territory. When a history does involve more nations, those nations (people) are sent a PM and together they work out how the history goes.

If this takes in the 1400s-1700s, then there will be no problem. The countries that claim the area once ruled over can possibly be a new civilization.

Back