OOC: RP Brainstorm Thread

Piscivore:
How long lived are they, and would a solitary one cope well or would he have issues?
The longest-lived can live up to 300 years old, but that would be about equivalent to a human reaching above 100. There is a very rare mutation that allows for biological immortality, but only two have ever displayed that trait, one of whom is dead and the other of which is exiled.

A solitary one can do well enough for a while, but they do have social needs and can get lonely. Just not nearly as much as humans; they can probably even last a few years, though they will feel lonely during that time.
Kannex:
Darcania, do you have a factbook or anything about your dragons? I'd like to know more, ecologically, about your dragons before I RP my own.
No, not yet. I do have a thread set up where I put information that I wrote down but haven't put in my Factbook, but so far it just has the religion. You and others may feel free to ask anything there and I'll answer as soon as I am capable.

Also, may I ask what exactly you mean when you say "RP my own"?

Kannex:
I'm planning to RP my own dragons.
Um... I asked what you meant by "RP my own" and you just posted the same exact thing as an explanation. Do you mean have your own dragon characters that you use in RPs independently of me and my nation?

Darcania:
Kannex:
I'm planning to RP my own dragons.
Um... I asked what you meant by "RP my own" and you just posted the same exact thing as an explanation. Do you mean have your own dragon characters that you use in RPs independently of me and my nation?
Yes, what else? An interaction between the Kannexan settlers and the drdagons earlier in my nation's history would be interesting. Perhaps by now I'd have an environmental regulation regarding dragons.

Kannex:
Yes, what else? An interaction between the Kannexan settlers and the dragons earlier in my nation's history would be interesting. Perhaps by now I'd have an environmental regulation regarding dragons.
Ok. I'm drafting up information on dragons in the thread I mentioned above so you can use that, though I highly suggest that you either have the dragons fade into myth or ensure that they remain secret, otherwise it may result in conflicts with the history of my own nation, namely that the existence of dragons was kept secret until very recently. I mainly did this so as to not interfere with the history of TNP as a whole before I showed up this year. Please feel free to consult with me anytime concerning anything multi-species, since it seems like I'm the major multi-species player on the field in terms of RP. (I believe New Sekai has an aspect of multi-species, but it's never mentioned at all beyond "oh, by the way, my leader/people is/are so-and-so".)

Also, to "Yes, what else?": I'm autistic. Things which may be obvious to you won't necessarily be obvious to me.

Darcania I would also be interested in dragons in my nation. Either somehow related with your dragons, or an independent group, or both. I would expect they would not have been or would not be widely known. Interested in assisting at some point?

Ceretis:
Darcania I would also be interested in dragons in my nation. Either somehow related with your dragons, or an independent group, or both. I would expect they would not have been or would not be widely known. Interested in assisting at some point?
When I return to RPing, I'll be posting an OOC thread where anyone can apply, since people are expressing interest.

Also, I posted in the thread above information about dragons, specifically their numbers and a bit of information about clan structure. Since it's just an information dump, it isn't particularly organized. Feel free to ask further questions about dragons in that thread. You can also indicate your interest in having dragons in your nation there; the more people indicate so, the more likely I am to post the mentioned OOC thread sooner so I can work on planning with you, though it won't make me return to RPing sooner.

Sytarenne:
So... are we doing the Slave Trade? :C
Realistically speaking, this is just a place to discuss potential ideas. If you want to go ahead with your idea, I suggest moving it to another OOC thread (like I did) so that the thread can stay on one topic.

Sytarenne:
Okay I will make a slave trade myself :l
I'm, uh... not sure you understood me. Making a separate thread will make it more likely for others to join in, since that makes it it's own individual topic of discussion. So you wouldn't necessarily be the only participant.

Sytarenne:
So what are you telling me to do?
I'm not telling you to do anything. I'm simply advising you to make your own topic on the slave trade so the idea won't get buried. This isn't really a topic to discuss RPs, it's a topic to discuss ideas for RPs. Now that you have an idea, you can make your own topic to discuss the RP revolving around that idea.

No problem! We should suggest the RP Mods pin it, since it's an RP Brainstorm Thread.

True Sebland:
What about an RP where we trade with exotic animals rather than slaves?
Let's do a fantasy RP where the world is run by unicorns and humans are slaves for dragons.
Same thing right?

Um, they are right. We can't get something that doesn't have to do with: War, Peace, Organizations, Fighting, Independence, Riots, Unstable countries, without some other nation disliking it and getting a board mod to close it.

I'm out of ideas.
I will probably form an alliance of evil nations, destroy all my embassies and declare war with every other nation I don't like. Anyone like the idea?

No offense, but if the North Pacific was a world it would have the worst history. :(

Why not continue my bumped Past RP thread?

Sytarenne:
TNP Roleplaying is boring now, almost every RP I do is always closed.
Because you cause unneeded issues, I'm not going into that though. Gotta keep this thread clean.

Maybe restart Sytarenne is a Dictatorship, but make it more sensible this time, or the Godvian Independence thing *which is a total crap RP, I have to admit*

Sytarenne:
TNP Roleplaying is boring now, almost every RP I do is always closed.
I won't delve into intricacies but if you keep the role play sensible and in a co-op manner in writing a shared history (as opposed to forcing one version of history on everything), more would consider joining.

There is no such thing as forced history. We can't all win. If we just stick to everyone RPs how they want to, it is more boring. Roleplaying will take more skill if we just did what we did. That's how to keep it more realistic. I'm not getting into an argument, but seriously.

I do love the word of the day: Truculent - eager or quick to argue or fight; aggressively defiant.

It seems a rather luscious word.

Sytarenne:
Um, they are right. We can't get something that doesn't have to do with: War, Peace, Organizations, Fighting, Independence, Riots, Unstable countries, without some other nation disliking it and getting a board mod to close it.

I'm out of ideas.
I will probably form an alliance of evil nations, destroy all my embassies and declare war with every other nation I don't like. Anyone like the idea?
I would love to buffer up the Kannexan Empire's military-industrial complex by warring and invading yet another nation.

Kannex:
Sytarenne:

I'm out of ideas.
I would love to buffer up the Kannexan Empire's military-industrial complex by warring and invading yet another nation.
Quietly hands Kannex a few hydrogen bombs and walks away...

@Sytarenne: What the hell, man, I was actually planning to participate in that Slave Trade RP. That makes at least two of your own RPs you've torpedoed. Will you stop finding issue with everybody in this forum and actually do an RP?

Kannex:
@Sytarenne: What the hell, man, I was actually planning to participate in that Slave Trade RP. That makes at least two of your own RPs you've torpedoed. Will you stop finding issue with everybody in this forum and actually do an RP?
:agree:

He can still do it...just cause I don't want my nation apart of it in any sense, doesn't mean others can't...he just needs to learn to stop trying to take control of other nations then the one he controls.

Back