It
-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
Manumission Day Discussion 2024
26 May marks Manumission Day, 19 years since the end of Pixiedance’s reign of tyranny over The North Pacific. Over the last 19 years, we have become a stronger, more prosperous, and most importantly, an entrenched democracy and a shining beacon of hope across NationStates.

My personal notes:

Democracy is not just a political system; it’s a beacon of hope for a just and free society. It empowers individuals, ensures accountability, and provides a platform for diverse voices. Let us continue to cherish and defend our democracy in The North Pacific. We recently exercised our vote for Delegate, and we will exercise it again soon for a judicial special election, and I thank everyone for participating whether you voted for me or not. I am your representative for this term and I am committed to reflect the wills of popular sovereignty - rule BY the people and FOR the people.

In addition to the usual speech from your Delegate above, I have decided to invite a number of previous delegates have been invited to say a few words below.

Best wishes
Simone
Delegate of The North Pacific

Last edited:
Here's a short history of the events that are celebrated today.

Happy Manumission day! TNP is the largest, most democratic, and most active feeder in the game. We openly encourage all nations to seek and share endorsements and build influence. TNP has no parliament, but all nations in the region are entitled to vote on laws. How have we managed this? The players that laid down our institutions did so carefully, they did not want to see a return to the years of coups, counter-coups, and dueling forums.

Democracy is very fragile. And it's important that all players today have the same trust in belief in democracy, and the same vigilance and care for our institutions as those players did at the start of it all. When you vote in an election, or on a law before the RA, remember not all feeders permit this. So take some time to remember and appreciates the rights we have here in the north.

Thanks for that read, Plemby. Despite its inaccuracies, it is a reminder of how easily the Pixiedance wars might have gone the other way. Indeed, Pixiedance could have banned all of us. Stripped the remaining populace of any rights. Turned the region into an authoritarian dictatorship.

But then I remember this: An idea is a hard thing to kill. And a people who are possessed of an idea, and a set of values, and a vision - those people are not to be trifled with. In the case of TNP, that idea is Democracy. The values are our individual rights, our freedoms, and, importantly, our responsibilities. The vision is - maybe not quite a utopia - but let's say it's a boat big enough to sail right up next to utopia. This is the idea we all strive to realize.

Happy Manumission Day!

Last edited:
Back