Memoirs of Manumission

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
memoirs_of_manumission.png

This thread is for folks who were around for the original Pixiedance coup, in 2005, to share stories and swap tall tales from back then. The game has changed in so many ways, but many of us will never forget how it used to be.

If you weren't around then, we invite you to participate as well. Ask the older folks questions, and chat with them about their experiences!

I'm hopeful we might see some interesting names stopping by. :)

I wasn't in TNP during the Pixiedance delegacy, but I was in Equilism and a member of the ADN. One thing I remember fondly is all the hilarious photoshopped images used for propaganda.

Here's a link to some that still survive.

Even during modern-day coups, people don't seem to do that as much anymore. I'm not really sure why - it was a great way to keep morale up and poke fun at your opponents. It might be because coups these days don't generally have the potential to last thanks to influence. TSP was two or three weeks. Osiris was a month. Lazarus was two weeks. Osiris the second time is a notable exception, but that's largely because it had dissolved its government so there were zero structures or institutions to oppose it, and nobody actually had the legitimacy to claim to be an opposition government.

The danger of permanent unwanted regime change was much more serious back then. Personally, I'm impressed at how democratic TNP stayed, without falling back on autocratic impulses like endorsement caps or more liberal banning rules. It probably did make us more coup-prone, for a while, but these days I think those long-standing policies have contributed most strongly to our ongoing safety. There is so much accumulated influence among the nations of TNP that it would basically require the delegate, the vice delegate, and at least half of the SC to coup together to really have a shot at holding the region through a fight.

I seem to have strayed from my point, which was funny photos, but oh well. The ramblings of an old, decrepit mind. :P

P.S. That whole forum I linked above is a treasure trove of wonders. I used it rather heavily in planning this event - along with some parts of Old Blue - so if you're at all curious about history you should poke around over there.

I was there, in charge of the (I can safely reveal this now) Depart D (D stands for Dirty Tricks) of the NPIA. It was such a secret operation that there may be only one or two people left in NationStates that knew about it, and only about 10 people knew about at the time. It was the Wild West. LOL!

One of these days I may write a "NationStates Memoir" concerning all the dirty crap that went on involving infiltration of various 'organisations', how many of us actually met in person involving the dethroning of "Pixiedance", etc... (I actually met Cathyy and IP on a trip to the UK for a horse show shortly after the whole Pixidance episode was over. It took "Department D" about two weeks to figure out who they were in RL and by chance, I happened to be in their neighbourhood, so to speak, and decided to contact them and drop in for a visit. I will never forgive them for what they pulled on a couple of people here who are still with us).

Under the pre-influence system, things were very cut-throat and brutal and people would go to unbelievable extremes, and I mean extremes in some instances. Today, the "Influence" system fairly precludes such viciousness in terms of actually overthrowing a region and taking over said region.

I remember a couple of incidences in the Pixidance episode whereby some clever twit figured out a way to steal other people's nation's passwords and set them up for game rule violations via a very clever use of a nation's flag (which is why the size of the image files for nation flags is limited). It was elegant in its simplicity and a stop was put to it, presumably because it suddenly stopped when the right people were notified of what was going on.

the campaign against Pixiedance was a very different affair from the Great Bight War. Although Influence was not yet in place, Game mods had already made removal of a sitting delegate harder, and had interpreted RMB spamming rules to make the RMB debates that were so effective against Great Bight much harder.

Also, in the beginning the resistance against Pixiedance was a very small number of people, and TNP had burned its bridges with most of its defender allies by this point, so outside help was much harder to mobilise. Pixiedance had a claim to legitimacy that Great Bight had lacked, and TNP society was split from the outset. Many longstanding natives supported Pixiedance throughout.

Finally, of course, the Pixiedance was a much longer campaign, and it was really hard to maintain momentum and energy. A delegte had the WFE etc - a resistance has to keep on fighting just to keep legitimacy. We had the example before us of the Pacific and how as time passed those who opposed Franco's Spain lost legitimacy with every passing month. We knew that the longer the war went on the harder it would be to argue that Pixiedance was "Rogue".

thankfully, we had a number of things going for us. Firstly, each time Pixiedance was handed on between players, THEIR claim to legitimacy sounded more hollow. Most of those who really cared enough about TNP to spend hours and hours each day for weeks fighting seemed to be on our side.

Some burned out, of course. I still miss Thess, who was probably my best friend in the game. He never regained activity after the war and effectively left the game soon after.

We decided early on that our best tactic was to provoke Insane Power and Cathyy and others, mainly using humour. We worked hard to stay within the rules, present ourselves as "the good guys, the funny guys" and wait for IP and Cathyy to do something stupid. It worked very well. For a while it seemed that every time IP opened his mouth, someone would message us to talk about switching sides. Pretty soon a number of members of the NPD were regularly passing on to us anything that we going on in the other side. Bannings, personal threats (real life) and attacks did not help the NPD cause. Even some who remained loyal to the NPD said later they were personally appalled by what was going on.

Our side was not without its problems. Keeping everyone "on message" was very hard, and every ill-disciplined act or comment would be seized on. Some of younger or newer members found Ivan especially quite intimidating. Fortunately, if memory serves, when Ivan was controlling Pixiedance he was not at his most active – he would need to confirm this.

In the end we knew that if we were going to regain the region, we had to make controlling the region too much bother. We used humour – limericks, doggerel poetry, propaganda – in a way we would repeat against Westwind later on. It turned me on to the part of the game I came to love the most – using humour, verse, images and creativity to win a point or get under the skin of opponents. Ironically the three “great wars” of TNP – Great Bight, Pixiedance and Westwind – have also been some of the most creative times.

I have tried to avoid too many facts and figures. Some of the facts I am not sure about after so many years. What you have above is my recollection of the time. If you want cold facts, search the archives!

All I know about the Pixiedance wars I have read.

Some day I will be ready to present Interpreting Pixiedance.

Thanks, Flemingovia, for sharing your recollections. Folks, Flem was a true hero of the Underground.

Those were some dark days, and many from the TNP community were driven away. There was a lot of damage. Afterwards, rebuilding was hard. The thing is, Insane Power had laid the groundwork for the coup over many months. He was a spy, and his dossier was extensive. I had no idea how far reaching it was until I, serving as AG, attempted to prosecute. There, I was met with threats and witness intimidation. IP had no compunction about using the information, some of it specific and personal, which he had gleaned over many months in the region. It remains a regret and a failing on my part that I was unable to bring Pixiedance et al. to trial. Yet I realized, in the grand scheme of things, a trial is artificial but the lives of the players are real.

Great Bights Mum:
Thanks, Flemingovia, for sharing your recollections. Folks, Flem was a true hero of the Underground.

Those were some dark days, and many from the TNP community were driven away. There was a lot of damage. Afterwards, rebuilding was hard. The thing is, Insane Power had laid the groundwork for the coup over many months. He was a spy, and his dossier was extensive. I had no idea how far reaching it was until I, serving as AG, attempted to prosecute. There, I was met with threats and witness intimidation. IP had no compunction about using the information, some of it specific and personal, which he had gleaned over many months in the region. It remains a regret and a failing on my part that I was unable to bring Pixiedance et al. to trial. Yet I realized, in the grand scheme of things, a trial is artificial but the lives of the players are real.

The blackmail you describe is a dimension I had been unable to glean in my (extensive) readings of publicly available information. Remembering my time in The Lexicon (a region founded by Insane Power, Cathyy [Pixiedance], et al a bit over half a year after Manumission Day) in April through December of 2006, however, I am not surprised.

I don't quite understand what you mean about his having been a spy, however. Usually when one is a spy one is an agent of some outside entity. What was this, for Insane Power?

My interpretation had, until you have shaken it, been that Insane Power may have been some sort of region crasher before he started getting involved in feeders (starting possibly with The East Pacific) but that he came to focus his efforts within The North Pacific and its associated community and to have purposes within that context. If you mean however that he used what are generally understood as intelligence skills and methods to advance his purposes, I understand what you mean and agree.

Edit: I should be clear that I was previously aware of an incident in which Insane Power had threatened flemingovia, but I don't remember there being an ask: it looked more like he was attacking to hurt rather than seeking to intimidate into compliance. As I note, I am aware of behavior along similar lines within the Lexicon context.

Wow, I really didn't know the extent of IP's poor behavior. I knew he was bad, and I'd heard the story about flem, but not about how he got out of prosecution.

I am not sure whether Insane Power's "incident" with me was designed to intimidate me or not. Certainly he threatened me that he could use his mother's position as a senior Social Worker to have my (real life) children taken away from me and put into care. If that was not intended to intimidate me, i am not sure what the intent was.

But insane power used mainly to reserve his bullying for younger players who he thought would be easier to browbeat - especially young female players. I suggest you speak to Ananke or Honeysheep, both of whom experienced this.

Like most abusive players he could be very charming and personable when he wanted to be, but then turn on a sixpence and become very threatening, including using real life data.

As to the accuracy of his "dossiers", i am not sure about that. He certainly claimed to have real life and in game dossiers on the leading Underground players, and he often threatened to use them. However, when it came to me, most of what he claimed to "know" was inaccurate speculation or information i had already put out in the public domain.

I do know of other players who were scared off by his dark claims to have a "dossier" on them, however.

Eluvatar:
If you mean however that he used what are generally understood as intelligence skills and methods to advance his purposes, I understand what you mean and agree.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. The term "spy" was his word, not mine.

The circumstances surrounding the failed prosecution were so upsetting to me that I have never spoken of it until now. It is a chapter in TNP's history I am glad is long behind us. I suppose the take-away from this is for people to understand they can ask the admin team to step in and take action when someone crosses the line between gameplay or roleplay and real life.

I never understood the need to bring RL crap into a game. In retrospect, 12 years removed, I am aware that there were instances where I let my refusal to consider OOC implications influence my actions occasionally (such as the labelling of the NPC early on as the t word - which I won't post on a forum in the current climate). It was meant IC but caused distress OOC and I will always feel somewhat bad about that.

As to the threats from IP, from what I understood, they were all bluster and false. This is the first I have heard about a threat to Flemingovia. I do know that one member of the NPC was given a serious talking to by Sal over their OOC activities. I still have the communications regarding that incident.

I remember reading an IRC log sometime around the summer of 2006, which IP had given flemingovia permission to post (!?) on Old Blue.

As far as I've been able to determine it's since been hidden, perhaps wisely, by Twoslit.

On the subject of inaccessible documents, it's a shame that parts of the NPD forum that had been published are locked down to this day over the aborted trial. I would be really interested in reading them to better develop Interpreting Pixiedance (particularly the portion of the Overview covering what happened between January 21st and April 28th, and the segments on the Minister's and TNPG perspectives).

Of course, due to my background, it's the ADN and NPU/NPC perspectives which are the most weakly developed as of yet. Perhaps I can use some logs of conversations with people like Biyah or Goobergunchia to try build the former. I should write a draft and ask flemingovia and/or Great Bights Mum to review it for the latter.

What, specifically, are you looking for from the NPD site? I may be willing to release some previously hidden threads if I know what I'm looking for.

Also, quite a bit of that indictment is erroneous. Especially in regards to th nation handover dates.

Gracius Maximus:
What, specifically, are you looking for from the NPD site? I may be willing to release some previously hidden threads if I know what I'm looking for.
Well, the internal deliberations of the Ministry were published for a time, and that could be very useful for research. If there was a private area for the Regional Assembly which is not publicly visible that would be quite interesting also. Both could help further refine the perspectives on that side of the aisle.
Gracius Maximus:
Also, quite a bit of that indictment is erroneous. Especially in regards to th nation handover dates.
Well, to the best of my knowledge January 8th is correct for the first handover. I don't know when the second happened, but I imagine it was a few days before January 21st, so the indictment's "On or about January 20, 2005" is at least somewhat accurate, albeit not precise. That being said, I'm not at all surprised that the indictment may not perfectly reflect what happened, given how much occurred in the shadows.

For the sake of any would-be enterprising prosecutor, a statute of limitations was enacted May 1, 2006 which stipulated that:
TNP Law 13:
TNP LAW 13
Establishment of time limitations for the filing of judicial proceedings in The Court of The North Pacific

Section 1. Definitions

As used in this law:
(A) A "Statute of Limitations" places a time limit on pursuing a legal claim in relation to wrongful conduct. After the expiration of the stated period, the victim or the Government loses the right to file a claim seeking criminal punishment or any other remedy as to that claim, unless an exception applies as provided in the Constitution or the Legal Code.
(B) “Accrual” refers to the beginning of an applicable time period for a claim. The limitations period does not begin until the act, or the last act of a series, is committed by some actor. If the victim or the Government does not learn of the act until a later time, then the limitations period does not begin until the act, or the last act of a series, is discovered, or should have been discovered, by the victim or the Government.
( C ) The presiding officer may determine any issue of fact that exists as to the application of the provisions of this law in an appropriate judicial proceeding.

Section 2. General Time Limitation of Actions

Any action filed in the Court of The North Pacific based upon any ground stated in Article V, Section 5 of the Constitution, or that otherwise seeks a punishment or remedy as a result of injury to a member nation of this region, or any other nation, or of the Region generally, shall be commenced within sixty days after the right to file an action accrues.

Section 3. Time Limitations for Actions Based on Conduct that Occured Prior to 7 July 2005.

Any action filed that relates to a claim that accrued prior to 7 July 2005 must be filed in the Court of The North Pacific no later than 7 July 2006.

Section 4. Time Limitations for Actions Filed Subsequent to 6 July 2005 and Prior to 1 May 2006.

Any action filed that related to a claim that accrued subsequent to 6 July 2005 and prior to 1 May 2006 must be filed in the Court of the North Pacific no later than 1 September 2006.

Section 5. Impeachment Proceedings.

Any action in the nature of an impeachment proceeding may not be brought once the current term of the officeholder expires, or the officeholder leaves office.

Section 6. Effective Date

This Law shall take effect on 1 May 2006.
In other words, no, you cannot prosecute anything that happened back then unless you can show that it was not discovered by, by my understanding, 60 days before the repeal of that statute December 2, 2007 which is October 3, 2007.

If however my impression is incorrect and, say, there was no return of Pixiedance between January 9th and 21st to Cathyy's control, or other details are wrong, I would be happy to listen.

To cite my sources: I base my understanding that January 8th is correct on this topic, and "a few days before January 21st" on this announcement and this narrative.

Pixiedance was not returned wholly returned to Cathyy for the intervening period. I maintained access throughout and we coordinated telegram responses via IRC. She and I shared access until the 15th, at which point I changed the password in order to prevent cold feet in setting up the NPD. The ruse of handing it back was intended to buy me time and to coordinate the dissolution of the Constitution with the blame going to Cathyy. I do point out the 15th as the day I consolidated control of the nation in my Lemurian lecture.

I will review the internal forums regarding access. I know there is at least one thread in the Ministry with OOC information regarding a current member of this forum and their interaction with NS admin so I will need to move that before I can open that up but I think the Regional Assembly should be fine to open without issue. I will do so in a bit.

I've made certain that the entire forum (excepting the Ministry, which still needs work) is visible to guests. I also removed all the banned masks (its amazing how many accounts some people used on that forum to circumvent banning - many of which went on to become very prominent in my activities elsewhere as valuable supporters).

I am in the process of going through the Ministry threads to make certain there are not OOC issues there regarding past or current players. I know of one thread specifically that will remain hidden but I'm not sure about the others. Some of the threads that were originally released to the public will perhaps be more illuminating when the rest are opened. There are some threads where it is obvious IP and Cathyy removed their own posts during the brief period where they were trying to clean up after themselves before I removed their access so that is a pity.

Also brings back a lot of memories. For example, I forgot that we actively ran an underground movement in TWP while the NPD was in control and helped with the establishment of the Revolutionary Government under ZetaOne. Distant memories.

And, I should state that there are people that I regularly exchange messages with/interact with on this forum currently that were opposed to me during this period. Undoubtedly, there are places where I have stated less than flattering things about some players. In my defense, this was twelve years ago and we were at war, plus I have apologized for these things multiple times. Hopefully the individuals involved will not be too offended if they read some of the threads in the Ministry where I disparage them. I really was a right bastard back in the day.

An interesting read. It confirmed a few things I thought, reminded me of a few things I had forgotten, and told me a few things I never knew.

One surprise was that I thought the active membership of the NPD was much larger than the releast documents suggest.

Another surprise was the extent of the rift between Ivan and Insane Power. I suppose I should not have been surprised, but it was much more ... blunt that I expected.

flemingovia:
An interesting read. It confirmed a few things I thought, reminded me of a few things I had forgotten, and told me a few things I never knew.

One surprise was that I thought the active membership of the NPD was much larger than the releast documents suggest.

Another surprise was the extent of the rift between Ivan and Insane Power. I suppose I should not have been surprised, but it was much more ... blunt that I expected.
I should have cut him out of everything after his first tantrum. I thought having Cathyy on side was better than having the original owner of Pixiedance joining the NPC. Plus, I believe if you read most of the threads regarding the Regional Assembly, I really did want to eventually create it into an authoritative body. IP was not a fan (and was generally unstable).

While I did stage some ejections to keep the dicotomy alive, my aim was to rule and enjoy the fight. When the underground waned I kicked the hornet's nest. You have to remember this was pre-Influence. I had already ejected hundreds of nations elsewhere, it would have been a very minor thing for me to have gutted this region if that was my intention. IP just wanted to cause chaos. Not too different than some of the pretenders that followed after me.

The issues with IP came to a head when he and Cathyy started deleting topics after he took the Delegacy. Since it is my forum, I didn't care for that.

I'm not certain I understand what you mean about the active membership. The underground had about a dozen active people and the Regional Assembly of the NPD had close to 50. Plus the Ministry and other ancillary nations. There was some issue with translating that onto the RMB but otherwise the base was very active.

I do not think the NPC would have welcomed Cathyy into our ranks in a month of Sundays, despite the propaganda value.

50 active people in the NPD Assembly??

flemingovia:
I do not think the NPC would have welcomed Cathyy into our ranks in a month of Sundays, despite the propaganda value.

50 active people in the NPD Assembly??
They took the time to register and go through the membership process which was more intensive than the current one regarding activity requirement.

There were also votes on legislation and active debates.

I believe the 'election' held by the underground got nine votes. Nine.

It would be hard to have a LESS stringent registration process than we have nowadays. Even literacy is not a requirement: if you can cut and paste and write your name, you are in.

The underground ebbed and flowed. At the outset when Cathyy went rogue there was quite a number who rose up to oppose her.

Over time most of them got disheartened, or lost interest. There was a short time when it felt as though i was the only one actively voicing opposition. So that was a lot fewer than nine! But then things picked up again, especially when the likes of CisCo (Tresville) and OPArsenal became more active. As you know, there is nothing like a cause to generate activity.

The Pixiedance war lasted several months, and the Underground ebbed and flowed over that period. To pick a snapshot and claim it represents the NPC over the entire period is not entirely accurate. Certainly at periods I was liaising almost costantly with far more than nine people, and that is just the people I was working with. I am sure GBM (as the only other active Underground member posting here at the moment) will confirm.

I wish we still had access to more of the Underground threads.

This may help the remeniscences. BAck in 7/2005 I wrote this account of the origins of the UNderground. I have just found it on my hard drive. I do not know and cannot remember whether it has ever been published before.

It may help the historians among us.

The North Pacific Underground was born on 21st January 2005. The name originated in a joke. As I understand it a nation called Thess decided one day to wind up Insane Power, and spoke of an “Underground Movement” in the North Pacific seeking to remove Cathyy as delegate. Insane Power, predictably, swallowed this and made a great hoo-ha about underground movements etc. This caused a fair amount of behind the scenes hilarity at his seeming gullibility. In fact, there was no organised opposition at the time, although a number of people were very unhappy about high-handed actions that had been taken during the last weeks of Cathyy’s delegacy, and the general direction in which the North Pacific seemed to be heading.

It was the second handover Of Pixiedance to Moldavi, and the immediate announcement of the formation of the NPD, that made people realise that we were entering a new situation as a region. Flemingovia woke up on the morning of the 21st January, came downstairs and read the overnight posts. He read through the codex twice, then immediately sat down and made the following post on S2:

The latest moves in the government of our region has thrown the North Pacific into a new situation. But this is one we have experienced before, and we know what to do.

Back in the Summer, UPSRail handed the delegacy to Great Bight - a delegate we did not choose and did not want.

and we resisted. And we were damn good at it. We were proud.

Now Cathyy has handed the delegacy to Moldavi. We did not vote for him, we did not endorse him. Most of us, I think, do not want him.

Last time we formed the "Government in Exile." Today I am forming "THE UNDERGROUND*".

Its object will be simple - to remove Moldavi and his supporting junta, and to restore democracy and normality to the region.

If you would like to join the effort, Reply here or PM me here to maintain your anonymity.

in about 10 hours (maybe less) more details will be forthcoming.

Oh, and....
If you think Moldavi is the best thing since sliced bread, and want to flame me – do that too. It’s a free region. (hollow laugh).

FOR A FREE NORTH PACIFIC!

Flemingovia
* a lot was talked about the Underground a few weeks ago. Take it from one who is in a position to know – The Underground did not exist then. It does now.

It was this post that gave birth to the Underground.

The response was overwhelming. Within hours over 30 people had posted or PMd Flemingovia, and the movement was up and running. The initial objectives were clear, and limited:

Lower Pixiedance’s Endorsement count
Keep S2 alive as the forum of the community of the North Pacific.
Maintain an active resistance to the NPD.

At that point we were not to be a government in exile. A number of us thought the old constitution was not so broken that it could not be mended, and the situation seemed pretty clear – the North Pacific had been handed over to a Junta from New Sparrow, who were now in control. This was reinforced by the fact that in publishing the new Codex that was supposed to rule over us, Moldavi had not even bothered to edit out the words “New Sparrow” and replace them with “The North Pacific.” This was clearly a foreign imposition. Cathyy had announced that she was leaving the game, and most of us believed her. We did not at that time know that she was the player behind Judessia.

Over the next few days the Underground got organised. A rota was drawn up to keep the S2 forum address in the public arena, and to chip away at Pixiedance’s endorsement count. It has suited Moldavi to portray this unendorsement campaign as largely ineffective; but the evidence of PMs and TGs received suggests that a large number of nations withdrew their endorsement as a result of these efforts.

We were determined that the efforts of the Underground would stay within the Mod-imposed rules, and these were very restrictive. Sometimes this led to frustration, even anger, and a number of intemperate posts were made on S4, the NPD forum. We were aware that we were under extremely close Game Moderator scrutiny.

One thing that quickly became evident was that this was going to be a very different campaign than that against Great Bight. I was under no illusions - I knew this would be a long fight, and I tried to convey this to others. But there were those who expected a short skirmish and a dramatic victory. Some of the disillusionment in the early part of the campaign was among those who expected quick results.

So we dug in…… (TO BE CONTINUED)

Sadly, I do not think the article was ever continued.
To repeat, that was written in 2005. So it is an account written close to the action.

In the same folder on my hard drive I have found a lot of files relating to the Pixiedance war. A lot of it is intel shared with me, or private conversations which I cannot really release without permission. I will look through and see what can be shared.

For your amusement, we in the UNderground decided once to wind up the NPD supporters by posting in a trial entirely in cod italian. Here is the phrase book I put togehter. Can't remember if this was actually used.

Why are you shouting at me? I am not a bad man
Pai de ce va burzuluiti la mine? Ca doara n-oi fi un om al dracului

Hello? Hello? I am afraid I do not speak English, so I do not understand what you are saying.
Scuze? Scuze? Imi pare ca nu prea stiu sa vorovesc engleza, asa ca nu prea inteleg ce tot ziceti.

Please can the court provide a translator. I do not understand what is going on
Daca nu-i cu banat, ar putea Curtea sa ofere un talmaci? Eu nu ma dumiresc ce se petrece.

What are you saying? I am foreign. Please speak slowly and clearly
Ce tot ziceti? Eu mi-s strain. Faceti bine si voroviti mai rarut si pe-nteles.

Why have I been arrested? I do not understand. I only came here to fix your plumbing.
De ce am fost arestuit? Nu pricep. Eu doar am venit aici ca sa va tocmesc tevile de la instalatie.

I am not a spy. If you need a translator, ask for my cousin Natasha. She is very a good girl and speaks English very well. She has lots of certificates and qualifications. She needs a husband.
Nu sunt un spion! Daca nu puteti gasi un interpret, intrebati de vara'mea, Natasha. Ea e o fata tare buna si stie engleza foarte bine. Are tot feliu de hartii si de patalamale. Si are mare nevoie si de un om.

Hey, big boy, why are you looking at me like that? You remind me of my goat back home.
Mai, barosanule, de ce te tot chiorasti la mine asa? Tu'mi aduci aminte de capra mea de acasa.

Who are you? Why are you asking me questions? I am not from around here.
Tu cine oi fi? De ce ma tot intrebi? Eu nu sunt de prin partile astea

I do not understand you. Your speech is very bad. Are you using Babelfish?
Nu te-nteleg. Vorbesti tare pocit. Te folosesti de Babelfish?

Your toilet is blocked. That will cost you £100 call out charge to fix it.
Buda ta-i infundata. O sa te coste cam 100 de lire ca sa vin pana la tine si s-o repar.

Don't remember the Italian thing at all, maybe Judessia cared.

OPArsenal (and others) passed intel from the underground to us, especially in the later stages, which is when you were most active - largely because of the NPD infiltration. Some of that is in the Ministry threads.

The unendorsement campaign is discussed at length in some of the Ministry threads as well, pointing to various technical aspects of Pixiedances endorsement count and swapping frequency. Statistically, considering the efforts involved, the campaigns were colossal failures.

Interesting read, though. I don't believe I've ever seen it. Some of it is accurate. I did bring in New Sparrow people and me, Tygaland (Poltsamaa), and Schizoids United (Pletorium) had quite a laugh about it at the time. Of course, that was after I had already pulled NS out of the ADN and made it more or less the military arm of the PRP, so conquest by proxy is closer to the truth.

Also, several members of the underground did violate game rules and had their posts removed, nations deleted, and one was cited for violating invisionfree TOS that resulted in a complaint to their ISP. No one from the NPD was cited for any rule breaking.

No matter now, some of us were just NEVER going to surrender. The Minister was a character who was so easy to hate. Haughty, condescending, tyrannical - all the things that make for a good villain. In retrospect it was really a fine performance few could have the heart for.

Ironic though, GM's subsequent positive contributions here would have made him a viable candidate for election. He might have found himself actually winning the Delegacy based on his considerable abilities, were it not for that unfortunate Pixiedance incident.

Great Bights Mum:
No matter now, some of us were just NEVER going to surrender. The Minister was a character who was so easy to hate. Haughty, condescending, tyrannical - all the things that make for a good villain. In retrospect it was really a fine performance few could have the heart for.

Ironic though, GM's subsequent positive contributions here would have made him a viable candidate for election. He might have found himself actually winning the Delegacy based on his considerable abilities, were it not for that unfortunate Pixiedance incident.
Never say never. Other less efficient and charismatic Delegates that have disregarded the law have gone on to be elected here. And my actions were arguably legal at the time.

Also, ask Crazygirl how well that 'never going to surrender' feeling is after a decade or so...just saying, it could have easily happened here.

flemingovia:
[class=administrator]flemingovia[/class] pitapats ivan on the head.
That doesn't actually accomplish what you think it does. Must be the gin.

But, don't let facts get in the way of your attempts at humour/trolling. Good job '[class=administrator]admin[/class]'.

Now, now, now, you two are both equally pretty.

I would hardly discount the potential for GM to have a legitimate chance to win an election for the Delegacy (would depend on the competition of course), Tomb was relatively close to winning prior to the incident that happened.

Just a quick question, what is this thread about? It looks really interesting but there's not a lot of context. As well, what happened after that?

Praetor:
Now, now, now, you two are both equally pretty.

I would hardly discount the potential for GM to have a legitimate chance to win an election for the Delegacy (would depend on the competition of course), Tomb was relatively close to winning prior to the incident that happened.

Just a quick question, what is this thread about? It looks really interesting but there's not a lot of context. As well, what happened after that?
When I stepped down I agreed to let IP and Cathyy remain as admins on the forum until they completed their transition to their new one (which ended up becoming the Lexicon forum I believe). But, they started to remove threads so I removed admin access. Shortly thereafter they agreed to stop so I returned access. Then they started attempting to disavow their actions and blame it all on me. While I was ultimately responsible, some of what they stated was blatantly false, so I banned them from the forum for good.

Back