ANNOUNCEMENT: Ratification Approved

It appears that under the terms of the amended Cabinet Inactivity Law, both the Attorney General and the Deputy Attorney General have become inactive. Monte Ozarka has not even logged into the forum since November 15th, and the Deputy Attorney General, Southwest Asia has not posted in the Cabinet or Ministry areas since that time.

Accordingly, I have to find that no vote will be cast on these matters from the Attorney General.

Second, since there is no Prime Minister at this time, the Cabinet is empowered to cast the Prime Minister's vote by a plurality of the participating Cabinet members. Under that standard. the Prime Minister's vote is cast in favor of the Monte Ozarka's proposal to revise the Constitution, an d the Hoar Chall proposal to create the current Declaration of Rights as a separate Bill of Rights.

The Cabinet vote on the two measures is as follows:

On Monte Ozarka's Constitution Revision proposal
Prime Minister YES (5-0)
MIIA YES
MoEA YES
MoD YES
AG not voted
MoC not voted
MoAE YES
MoCE YES

It passes the Cabinet by a vote of 6-0 and stands ratified.

On Haor Chall's Bill of Rights proposal:
Prime Minister YES (4-1)
MIIA YES
MoEA NO
MoD YES
AG not voted
AoC not voted
MoAE YES
MoCE YES

It passes the Cabinet by a vote of 5-1 and stands ratified.

Accordingly, as both proposals take immediate effect, the current elected Delegate, Great Bights Mum assumes the duties and powers of the elected Delegate as conferred under the constitutional revision until elections are held. I assume the Cabinet becomes a caretaker Cabinet until elections.

All other entities of the former constitution remain in place until elections, or until a law is passed prior to elections that implements a part of the new Constitution. If a question of procedure arises, it is my opinion as Speaker, that the procedure previously followed provides guidance as to the procedure to be followed until specific new procedures are enacted.

Holey Moley! YES!!!

Time to have the celebration rally!

fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif

Congratulations, everyone! :jack:

All other entities of the former constitution remain in place until elections, or until a law is passed prior to elections that implements a part of the new Constitution. If a question of procedure arises, it is my opinion as Speaker, that the procedure previously followed provides guidance as to the procedure to be followed until specific new procedures are enacted.
Does that mean I'm in charge??? :w00t:

Now you know I love you, Schnauzers, but I have no idea what you are saying in that last paragraph. Maybe an example would help.

In other words, the Court, the RA, the NPA, etc. can continue to function until the RA votes on new laws to implement the new Constitution or until elections are over. The procedure that's been in place are npt law, but can be used as guidance while every thing's worked out.

And yes, you are in charge.

Question: Will we have ministers in the new government?

The constitution mentions ministries once, I think, but has nothing to say about ministers, just a council of select cabinet members. Unless I read it wrong.

Congratulations everyone !

Just my take - it would seem to me that as the Delegate heads the Executive, the Delegate may set Ministries as may seem appropriate. A good topic for Delegate election debates. Have each candidate present the Executive branch that they intend to bring to the region - what are those Ministries, and who would fill those offices.

To be honest I voted NAY on this constitution for a reason. It is kind of vague on issues. Such as calling the Delegate Head of State but implying he/she appoints ministers. Which would be the head of Government. So would the Head of State also be Head of Government? And to be frank it hardly implies the delegate appoints ministers. And how is the delegate selected?

Maybe I am still new but....I don't like it.

Oh! At long last! :D

HEM, as there is no Head of Government stated in the constitution and as the responsibilities of the Delegate has been outlined, I believe the Delegate serves as both. IMO, it's the government structure that counts, and this is, IMO, the most sensible proposal that had been put on the table.

I presume the Delegate shall be elected by the CLO, and I suppose we are to vote upon a separate vivification of ministers or something of that sort soon, and something about elections if need be, me thinks.

Thanks for clearing some of that up NH ^_^

I am happy this has been passed, but the RA has its work cut out.

All things considered. I that we have just had what is tantamount to a Constitutional Monarchy inflicted on TNP. Not that that's an entirely bad thing, but mark my words, the bureaucracy will rapidly blossom and flourish.

And as I and other have already noted, there is a total lack of organizational structure detailed in the new Constitution. I fear we shall regret this change. Oh, well, it's what we have and I'll put my money behind it and do everything I can to make it work.

Back