Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Chipoli
Discord
chipoli
Screen_Shot_2024-05-01_at_11.14.15_PM.png

Chipoli for Vice Delegate

Greetings! I am Chipoli, I am running to be your Vice Delegate once more. However, unlike my previous runs for elected office, I stand in a different position. This is my first time running as an incumbent, off the back of my precursory term. Over the past four months, my goals were to provide stability to our regional security and keeping The North Pacific safe. As a whole, I have accomplished what I wanted to when I initially returned to the Vice Delegacy. I have kept our region safe, and this term has been a change of pace from the hecticity we faced last year. Looking ahead, the future seems promising. The summer is the most active time of the year for me, and my availability during the May term proved to be an asset to our region during my brief spell in charge past August. Given this schedule change, I see no reason why I would compel TNP to change the path it is going on and remain convinced that my experience in regional security is what our region needs right now. I know I can give even more service and dedication to our region. With the extra four months I ask you all to give me, we will build off last term, and potentially go beyond it.

History

About a month ago, I celebrated my second anniversary not just in TNP, but as a NationStates player. Looking back, I am fairly proud of what I managed to accomplish in those two years. In some ways, it sometimes seems that I’ve been here for far longer than that. I’ve previously served for two terms as Vice Delegate, and am currently running for a third. Along with that, I have two stints as Minister of World Assembly Affairs under my belt and have been a deputy in the same ministry three times. I currently am serving on the Security Council, have been an Election Commissioner for over a year, and am a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations (formerly known as the Senior Diplomats). I’ve previously served as Deputy Speaker, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, as a Gameside Advocate, and as most of you may know, I served as Acting Delegate last summer.

Review
The Basics

I had a relatively short transition to get through, as I was only 15 endorsements away from my predecessor, Fregerson. The transition was completed in a relatively brief amount of time, as it took us only around 5 days. Weekly Reports were published consistently over the term, while they occasionally were released on different days, save for a period of time when I was on a Leave of Absence. I declassified 11 forum threads during the term, although that number may be subject to change, and eliminated the backlog that I inherited when I took office in the process. I consistently and routinely performed citizenship checks and rejected one applicant which the Regional Assembly ended up upholding. At home, we did not face any significant attacks from our enemies, although the Security Council will remain alert and will move to respond to any potential invasion. I will continue to perform these basic responsibilities as I have done in my previous two terms, as I have proved that I can handle them quite well. Additionally, I intend to continue my involvement in the Cabinet as part of my position to give advice on regional security and coordinate a possible response. In this earlier platform, I go more in-depth on my position regarding the Vice Delegate’s involvement in the Cabinet.

The Initiatives

The success of my new initiatives has varied. Some I have successfully implemented, some not, while some just never made it out into the public eye. This is going to be a large part of the continuation of the previous term. Whatever initiatives that were not released, simply put, will be. Behind the scenes, I have made a good amount of progress on some of my initiatives, they simply just needed more time to be published. However, I recognized that others were not going to work out as well as I initially thought, and therefore I will not be pursuing them. Logically, you should only continue the projects that are sustainable and accomplishable, and that I what I am going to do.

SC Survey: The Security Council Survey is a concept I’ve had that goes back to my first term as Vice Delegate and was very close to releasing during the end of the term. The NS Outage, unfortunately, hindered the creation of the quiz, as the website was my primary source of information for the trivia questions. This project still needs to be finalized and reviewed, and I admit that development could have gone quicker last term. However, considering I already have a good chunk of the project to work with, I’m more optimistic about my ability to finish it. To speed up the process, I will create a form for TNPers to submit trivia questions, with the option to receive credit in the final version. The goal will be to release this in the first 1-2 weeks of the term.

Reworking the SC Handbook: This is another project I will look to finish during the new term. Essentially, I intended to add Security Councilor Biographies to the already existing Security Council handbook to further build our connection with the rest of the community, which I go over in more detail in my last platform. I chose to prioritize the SC Survey instead, which as I mentioned earlier, is close to completion. Fortunately, some of the work has already been done as there are biographies that remain from a couple of terms ago, though new ones need to be written for our newer members, and older ones need to be updated. Reworking the Security Council Handbook is next on my list of priorities.

Weekly Endorsement Events: The Weekly Endorsement Events were the most successful of any of my initiatives from last term. I managed to run them consistently, and they had a respectable success rate, with around the goals being met once every two reports, which means for each report where neither of our goals was met, there was one where either one or both goals were achieved. Overall, we increased the endorsement count of the Delegate by around 40 (before it dropped following the NS Outage), and my endorsement count increased by around 10-15 compared to my predecessor (while I did intentionally ensure it wouldn’t fluctuate to keep a manageable gap between myself and the Delegate). Due to trading cards being disabled, I can no longer offer my trading cards as rewards, but I will continue to offer other prizes (such as the option to choose my flag for a week, which the community did this past term). Other than that, I keep this initiative as it is and it will make its return should I be re-elected.

What’s New
A Different Approach

Last term, my primary focus was on the security aspect of the Vice Delegacy. I wanted to identify and prevent any possible threats and make sure things didn’t go too crazy at home. As I’ve said, I feel like I have accomplished this over the past four months. While our region didn’t get attacked, the result was one I wanted: stability. Heading into a potential second term in a row, I felt that I needed to change the focus of my role. I want to focus on engaging and connecting with the community. More specifically, I will be more direct with the other members of the community, and I want you all to know what the Security Council and I are doing, and get an idea of how we are providing for the community.

Town Halls: I plan to host Town Halls and Q&A sessions for members of the public to ask me questions about my agenda, progress, and to an extent, the current situation. I will also discuss how the Security Council is protecting our region and what we are doing to keep TNP safe, but the goal here will be to engage with as many members of the community. If any of my fellow Security Councilors are willing, they will appear as guests on the show to provide further insight into how we operate. The town halls will not have a fixed schedule, I will host them whenever I am available to give myself as much flexibility as possible, although I’ll try and do one once a week, but that’s not a solid commitment.

Using the Regional Message Board: I will use our region’s RMB to connect with the gameside community. I won’t just be having chats though, we’ll play games and have plenty of fun as well. I’ll host trivia sessions, AMAs, and even Hunger Games simulations. A lot of the process will be trial and error, not all ideas will get the attention of the gamesiders, so I’ll try and see which games and events work, and which ones are not as effective. I will use the Regional Message Board to promote my other projects and activities with the Gameside Advocates, who have generously agreed to advertise my Weekly Reports. In the end, the main goal will be to connect with a different part of our community, and just enjoy ourselves.

Polls: Polls have been used by several Vice Delegates in the past to further engage with the community. They are simple but often prove to be effective and increase Security Council visibility, especially if those poles are creative, interesting, and engaging. For instance, I brought up the idea of a “Choose Your Adventure Series” to the culture staff, with which we can do all sorts of things. (Survival Stories, taking the role of an undercover agent, etc.) Over the term, I’ll get together with Culture to brainstorm more ideas for polls, should they be willing.

A Smooth Transition

Our incumbent Delegate, Kaschovia, is term-limited and cannot run in the election. Given this, our next Delegate will start hundreds of endorsements away from him. Kaschovia’s transition took three months, and this was when he was constantly endotarting as well. The Vice Delegate has a fairly significant role in the transition, and how they approach it is crucial. I want to avoid a repeat of last time, and that largely came down to the fact that not enough of our gamesiders, who are crucial to completing a transition, were informed about the transition. I will assist the future delegate in running an extensive endorsement campaign, with endorsement alerts going out twice a week for the first couple of weeks, then the volume of alerts decreasing to one per week. Alerts will be released as both telegrams and dispatches. Telegrams will be sent out twice weekly to remind the populace to endorse the delegate. Dispatches will be published sporadically, every 1-2 weeks, as another way to reach out to our WA residents. I will spread these alerts so they won’t become anything more than annoying and white noise to our residents. If we can, we’ll run a campaign targeted at Non-WAs as well, and encourage them to join the World Assembly and endorse the Delegate. Historically though, tapping into our already-existing WA population brings more success.

I will look into the idea of running an endorsement event and using rewards to incentivize our residents even further. An endorsement event sets goals for both the region and residents as well as encourages them to attempt to meet those goals, with the intended effect of boosting the region’s endorsement counts. We won’t be able to run these events like we used, due to the breakdown of the WADP program (which calculated a lot of the statistics which gave us an idea of who to give what award). An event would have to be planned out by the SC which would take time since a lot has changed since we last did one, which will take time. We will also have to use alternate awards, due to the failure of trading cards. Overall, this is a rough idea that will take time and planning to execute if we decide to proceed with it.

The Vice Delegate’s Role In Foreign Affairs

Most individuals think of Vice Delegacy as an internal role, and a large part of it is. However, as a former Acting Delegate, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and member of the Committee on Foreign Relations, I have more FA experience than most, but not all, past Vice Delegates. A crucial task each and every Vice Delegate inherits is preventing foreign threats and potential coups. To acquire information about a potential attack and plan for one, communication and diplomacy with the political and military leaders of our allies, and a seat for the Vice Delegate at the table are important. I have negotiated treaties with our allies, strategized, and responded to an attack on our sovereignty, and maintained several contacts with our allied leaders. While I’m not the most experienced person in the world, I have grown tremendously as a diplomat since I took this job for the first time a year ago, and I believe the Vice Delegate plays an important role in Foreign Affairs. The Vice Delegate’s knowledge of his region’s security helps prevent attacks not only on us, but our allies as well. Combining my security knowledge with what our allies know about our enemies will give our side a much-needed boost in a conflict where we are currently losing momentum. Although it might not look that way on the surface, the Vice Delegate plays a crucial role in securing our interests abroad.

Conclusion

I thank you for reading my platform, and I am equally delighted to be able to share my ideas with you for a second consecutive term. I am eager to serve you all for another four months and am looking forward to any questions you may have. If you’re looking for a recap of my platform, you can find it below:

For the past four months, I've focused on security and stability and proved my dedication and capability of keeping TNP Safe. I will continue to build on the foundations of the last term by completing my remaining projects. For the forthcoming term, by approach will shift towards community engagement and transparency. Through initiatives like Town Halls, RMB interactions, and polls, I will look to connect with the community and have every resident’s voice heard. Moreover, I will facilitate a smooth transition with consistent and timely endorsement alerts, along with providing an extra initiative for our WA residents.

If you want to send a question my way, feel free to contact me via telegram private message, or you can simply leave a post below.

Last edited:
What is your view on using endorsement withdrawals and allied military support in completing the transition?

Last edited:
What is your view on using endorsement withdrawals and allied military support in completing the transition?
Thank you for the question, Comfed.

I believe that using endorsement withdrawals and allied military support should be done at the end of the transition. In the past, the Security Council has relied on our own resources and ability for most of the transition, primarily using methods such as mass telegrams and endorsement events, which I mention directly in my platform. Typically, the Security Council withdraws endorsements from one another if we sense that there is an opportunity to move the transitioning official up the rankings, which often is when the transition is nearly complete. When my first transition was taking place, it was completed when the Security Council removed its endorsements from Siwale, who was in 3rd place. Similarly, at the end of Kaschovia's infamously long transition, we used support from our allies when we noticed that he was within 20-25 endorsements of Pallaith, who was holding the WA Delegacy at the time. Using military support from a great way to quickly finish a transition, and I would be supportive of such an action when it is necessary.

Back