Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Chipoli
Discord
chipoli
lGFsd3P.jpg

Chipoli for Vice Delegate

My fellow North Pacificans, I am Chipoli and I am running to be your next Vice Delegate.

Introduction

I first joined The North Pacific as Chipoli in March 2022 and became a citizen rather quickly. Since then, I have served as Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs twice, the Minister of World Assembly Affairs, and an Election Commissioner. Additionally, I have written two World Assembly proposals during this time.

Given recent events leading up to the resignation of our former Delegate Hulldom, and the ascension of Gorundu to the delegacy, along with the need for strong leadership to steer our region's security in the right direction, I believe I am the right person to serve as Vice Delegate. TNP is my home, and I’d love to continue serving and leading by example here. My goal is to ensure that our region remains stable during these challenging times, and I am ready to take on the responsibilities of the Vice Delegate position with dedication and commitment.

Platform

Overview:

One of my top priorities will be to quickly gain endorsements so that I am prepared to take on the role of Delegate in case of an emergency. I have a proven track record of endotarting almost daily for the past few months and currently have the highest endorsement count out of all non-SC members in The North Pacific. It is also important to release consistent and timely Vice Delegate reports. I will work to ensure that they continue to be released regularly, with relevant information about the way the Vice Delegate and the Security Council have operated for that week. I will also be focusing on the World Assembly Development Program (WADP). Though the WADP tools are currently down, I am confident that I can manage the program effectively whatever form it takes going forward.

In terms of security, I will quickly and effectively process Vice Delegate checks for new citizens. I also plan to continue declassification efforts for both forum and Discord records, building on the progress that has already been made in recent terms, specifically on releasing discord records. I aim on releasing them every few weeks and get them up to date as much as possible. Finally, I believe that it is important for the Vice Delegate to work closely with the cabinet to ensure that regional security interests are appropriately addressed. I will advocate for cabinet access and an active role in discussions as Vice Delegate.

It is important to note that the Frontier/Stronghold update poses a threat to TNP's influence and regional security as it intends to cripple the feeder regions. To deal with this, the passage of Pallaith's Frontier Act allows TNP to have territories and their residents become full citizens, with Vice Delegates reporting on security. I believe that maintaining a high WA member count is crucial for regional security and will work with the Security Council to encourage participation and address potential threats.

My platform will also heavily focus on community engagement, which is key to ensuring the stability and security of our region. While progress has been made in the past, there is still more we can do to increase our engagement with the community. My vision is split into multiple parts and includes utilizing radio shows, surveys, and Security Councilor engagement programs to raise awareness and interact with the community. Engaging with the community more often builds trust and confidence in the Security Council's ability to provide regional security for the North Pacific.

The Transition:

The Vice Delegate needs to quickly gain endorsements to occupy the #2 spot on the endorsement chart, in order to be ready in the case of a delegacy emergency. I have proven to be a capable endotarter, as I have endotarted almost daily for a few months up until now. I will use my endotarting skills along with community engagement in the transition, which is essentially campaigning for our WA residents to endorse me. With 780 endorsements at the time of writing, I have the highest endorsement count out of all non-SC members in TNP, with a peak of 811 endorsements prior to the F/S stronghold update. This will decrease the time it will take me to transition to the #2 spot where the Vice Delegate needs to be.

Vice Delegate Reports:

For most of the past few months, the Vice Delegate reports have been consistently published on time. However, this past term they were often sporadic and inconsistent. Due to my active presence in the TNP community, these reports will go out on time once every week as planned. Until the automated WADP tools are fixed, or a replacement is found, I will have to resort to using less detailed tables for now. I’ll experiment with the content that will go into the Vice Delegate reports, such as checks done, plans for the future, and a summary of SC business and discussions.

World Assembly Development Program (WADP):

As mentioned previously, the WADP tools required to publish its monthly awards are currently down. If those are fixed, I will continue to maintain the WADP as my predecessors have done. I have worked with Google Sheets during my time in the World Assembly Ministry, so I should not have a problem managing the WADP since it is heavily Google Sheets based.

However, we all know there is a possibility the WADP tools we know and love might not ever work again. It’s up to our coders here in TNP to create a replacement so the WADP program can get back on track. I have only limited coding experience, but I will still help those who will develop a possible replacement as much as possible.

Security Checks:

I have experience in quickly and smoothly processing Executive Staff applications. I will apply the same concept to the Vice Delegate check for new citizens. However, this is a different kind of check. The purpose of the Vice Delegate check is to ensure that the applicant is not a threat to regional security. To perform this check, you will need to review the applicant’s NationStates history on all possible platforms, such as Discord, the forums, and onsite. I can ensure that our region will be protected from outside threats, and I will especially take even more care with the recheck so we can ensure our applicants are not threats to regional security.

Declassification:

Forum declassification has been going well the last couple of terms, with it being nearly up to date. The focus has shifted to discord records more recently. I will continue the declassification that my predecessors have worked on and aim to get them up to date as much as possible. There are still around 4-5 years of discord records to be declassified. I believe progress has been much slower on this front due to how difficult it is to find these old records, along with the fact that declassification is quite time-consuming. I’ll look to release those records every few weeks so they will avoid being neglected and speed up the declassification of these records.

Cabinet Involvement:

I am a firm believer that the Vice Delegate should be able to work directly with the executive to ensure that the security interests of the SC and our region are appropriately addressed. If granted access to the cabinet, I will look to play an active role in its discussions and advise the delegate on the relevant issues. Executive matters, particularly foreign affairs, can go hand in hand with regional security. While the Delegate does not have any legally defined role regarding the Security Council, it is tradition to grant the Delegate access to Security Council areas, and I will continue that tradition. As the Vice Delegate, it is my primary responsibility to ensure the security interests of the SC and our region are appropriately addressed. This often involves working closely with the Delegate, and sometimes even the cabinet to identify potential threats and neutralize them.

Executive matters, particularly foreign affairs, can have a significant impact on regional security. For example, a diplomatic dispute between TNP and other regions could have far-reaching implications for our security and well-being. Last month's events were a great example of that. It's important for the Vice Delegate to have a working relationship with the executive to respond to these possible threats, and hopefully prevent them in the first place. This would also make it more likely that if something happens to the Delegate and the Vice Delegate has to step in, the Vice Delegate is better prepared to perform in the new role.

The New Frontier:

As you all know, the Frontier/Stronghold update has been live for a few weeks. I will explain this new update to those who are unfamiliar with it.

The Frontier/Stronghold update gives each region two types of governing. Regions can be either Frontiers or Strongholds. In a Stronghold system, the founder retains ultimate control over the region, which is very similar to the UCRs of the past, but can appoint a "Successor" nation to take over if they CTE or abdicate.

Frontier regions put all executive authority in the hands of the World Assembly Delegate, making the region more vulnerable to foreign invaders. In the past new nations could only spawn in five different regions, known as 'feeders': (the Pacific, the North Pacific, the East Pacific, the South Pacific, and the West Pacific.) Frontier regions with a WA Delegate, on the other hand, will now receive a portion of these new nation spawns, boosting their community significantly.

However, to be blunt, this will be a serious challenge for feeders, including TNP. Our WA members will decrease, and we will lose many endorsements and the influence we are currently known for. Additionally, threats that normally would be impossible may be an actual possibility, especially as the largest UCRs begin to grow in size compared to us. We won’t just be competing for recruits, we will have to fight even harder to secure our region’s desired result in the WA, and to keep players endorsing in TNP.

It is crucial that we must maintain a high WA member count to prevent coups and any threats from regional security. As the Vice Delegate, I will work with the Security Council to ensure our WA count stays high by encouraging active participation in it, and that any potential threats will be taken care of.

Community Engagement:

This has been a primary focus for many of my predecessors, going back to former Vice Delegate Cretox State. While remarkable progress has been made on this front, we are not done yet. I will look to maintain an active presence on the RMB and welcome new nations to the region. I believe we can increase our engagement with the community even further. My vision will be split up into multiple parts on how awareness for the Security Council can be raised. The community must know and trust those who are in charge of stabilizing and providing regional security for their region.

I’m aware that there was concern about taking on too much work when Kastonvia was Vice Delegate. Along with his Vice Delegate duties, he served as a minister and Lead Gameside Advocate. I believe that it's essential to prioritize and manage my responsibilities as the Vice Delegate. I will work closely with the Delegate to ensure that I am not taking on more than I can handle and that my duties are aligned with the goals of the Security Council. I am committed to working efficiently with the Security Council to achieve our goals while also managing my responsibilities in other areas. I believe this is important and the Security Council needs to do this to maintain trust and not risk falling out of touch with the rest of the community which is another thing that has been a concern in the past. Every area of the region has seen more expected and needed from the government and this should be no exception.

Radio: Radio shows are a great way to interact with the community and get to know people. My goal is to collaborate with the Ministry of Culture to provide a series of radio shows, interviews, and fireside chats with Security Councilors, scheduled no later than a month apart. I believe the North Broadcasting Corporation has great potential and we need to tap into it.

Surveys: In the past, our region has utilized multiple surveys to know where our residents stand on issues concerning the World Assembly, cards, and more. I intend to return to these surveys, which will focus on how our fellow North Pacificans feel about the state of the Security Council. The WADP survey will make a return as soon as the tools are working again.

Security Councilor Engagement: There has been an attempt to increase Security Councilor Engagement with the weekly “Ask the Security Council” program. However, this program has slowed down in recent weeks. I intend to revive this program so the spotlight would be on the Security Council once again. I will look to run a new program to hopefully “introduce” each Security Council member to the community and encourage them to get to know the community better.

Thank you for taking the time to read my platform and consider voting for me as Vice Delegate. I hope that I have earned your trust and support, and I would be honored to have your vote. Together, we can build a stronger, and better TNP. Thank you again for your consideration, and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you.

If you have any questions, contact me via Discord (Sir Lingardinho#0697), NationStates telegram, forum PM, or you could simply reply to this thread.

Last edited:
I've worked with you for a while Chipoli, and I know you work hard. I'm impressed with your platform and your plans if you get elected.
You have my full support.

As someone who competed against you for a couple of months in the regional endorsement rankings, I can attest to your diligence when it comes to endotarting and your determination to do a good job no matter the task.

I think that you'll make a fine Vice Delegate and have no reason to not support you at this moment in time.

As someone who competed against you for a couple of months in the regional endorsement rankings, I can attest to your diligence when it comes to endotarting and your determination to do a good job no matter the task.

I think that you'll make a fine Vice Delegate and have no reason to not support you at this moment in time.
I think that you will make a fine vice delegate and wish you the best in this election @Chipoli
I greatly appreciate both of you guys' kind words! Thank you so much!

Hulldom's resignation has reminded us all of one of the vice delegate's most serious duties. If by chance the delegate vacates office, do you feel prepared to step into the role of delegate and hold down the fort (and, if need be, right the ship) for the rest of the term?

In your case, I have to join the others. You have started a very detailed campaign with a great range of information. You also have my support.

Hey, saw your post about Frontiers and The Wellspring. I have some really strong feelings to see new regions grow and flourish with strong backing my regional builders of regions who have the passion to do that. I am going to ask all D and VD candidates about this because it is relevant to the D and VD's tasks, outreach, and part of the new protocol for them in the F/S world!

I think we, the TNP should go out of our way to start forming treaties with these new frontiers and The Wellspring, and ambassadorships going in Foreign Affairs Ministry, and start working with them like any other normal region before the F/S update. That means I believe the D, VD, and Government should start making new policies, implementations, and addendums to policy of Foreign Affairs to get ahead of others to benefit from the new wave of regions and supplanting of spawns in The Wellspring coming to The North Pacific. With that in mind, would you want to take on further things on with Frontiers and possibly Strongholds beyond the things you mentioned above in your platform?

With a new territory we have and new possibilities with the region, we should probably create a team of people to head how we should let The Wellspring develop without us bearing down on them for everything with Laws, personnel, and Government officials and also creating a policy and guideline for expeditionIng people back and forth through diplomatic channels for both regions. Do you have any ideas if you would want to implement something like this or even take on something like this? Any alternatives?

That is all from me and good luck on your campaign!

Last edited:
Hulldom's resignation has reminded us all of one of the vice delegate's most serious duties. If by chance the delegate vacates office, do you feel prepared to step into the role of delegate and hold down the fort (and, if need be, right the ship) for the rest of the term?
I'm glad you asked! The Vice Delegate needs to be ready and step in at a moment's notice in case of a Delegate emergency. You can never know when it will happen. I am confident in my abilities to perform as an Acting Delegate. I believe my current activity levels indicate that I will likely be ready to step into the Delegacy, as I'm around nearly every day and am one of the most active members of TNP. I will personally develop a plan for myself in the event that I need to assume the duties of the Delegate to be better prepared.

Hey, saw your post about Frontiers and The Wellspring. I have some really strong feelings to see new regions grow and flourish with strong backing my regional builders of regions who have the passion to do that. I am going to ask all D and VD candidates about this because it is relevant to the D and VD's tasks, outreach, and part of the new protocol for them in the F/S world!

I think we, the TNP should go out of our way to start forming treaties with these new frontiers and The Wellspring, and ambassadorships going in Foreign Affairs Ministry, and start working with them like any other normal region before the F/S update. That means I believe the D, VD, and Government should start making new policies, implementations, and addendums to policy of Foreign Affairs to get ahead of others to benefit from the new wave of regions and supplanting of spawns in The Wellspring coming to The North Pacific. With that in mind, would you want to take on further things on with Frontiers and possibly Strongholds beyond the things you mentioned above in your platform?

With a new territory we have and new possibilities with the region, we should probably create a team of people to head how we should let The Wellspring develop without us bearing down on them for everything with Laws, personnel, and Government officials and also creating a policy and guideline for expeditionIng people back and forth through diplomatic channels for both regions. Do you have any ideas if you would want to implement something like this or even take on something like this? Any alternatives?

That is all from me and good luck on your campaign!
Thank you for bringing up these points regarding the growth and development of new regions, particularly The Wellspring. As you pointed out, it is critical for the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Government to take proactive actions in developing relationships with these new regions and policies and guidelines for their development.

In response to your question about taking on additional responsibilities with Frontiers and Strongholds beyond what I mentioned in my platform, I believe it is essential to first assess the needs and priorities of these regions and then collaborate with their leaders and players to determine how best to support them. As a result, I am willing to look into additional ways to help them develop, but only after consulting with those who are involved. While managing TNP territories is not part of the Vice Delegate's job description, the Security Council must keep an eye on them. We've also lost many of our own WA Nations to the Wellspring, so it's critical to balance their WA needs against TNP's, with TNP's needs taking precedence for obvious reasons.

I agree that it is important to give them the freedom to structure and develop their own government while also establishing guidelines for diplomatic engagement and collaboration with the TNP. I believe that TNP should support The Wellspring in a way that respects its independence while also ensuring that its development is consistent with TNP's values and priorities.

TL;DR: I agree with you that TNP should be more proactive in engaging with new regions and supporting their growth and development. As VD, I would prioritize balancing the needs of these new regions with the needs of TNP and ensuring that we are well-positioned to take advantage of these new opportunities.

Very impressive work Chipoli. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it and made an effort to think of every angle of the job.

Frontiers are a key part of your platform. What’s the sweet spot? How much focus on territories should the SC have vs the mainland? What extent should the territories be responsible for their own security, what would that look like in your opinion? Do they get their own SC? Is the Frontier VD enough? How many endorsements should we shoot for?

Why is declassification taking so long? How would you speed it up? Is there any part of the process that we have that can be done differently, better?

We can’t shrug off the possibility of the VD assuming the delegacy given what has just happened. I know your platform covers you wanting to be involved in the executive to better prepare for that, but what skills or knowledge do you have now that you think would also be helpful if you were suddenly forced to be acting delegate? To be fair, it’s unlikely you’d have to act as delegate as long as Gorundu has, so we’re probably talking a couple of weeks assuming you don’t win the special election. So I’d like to also ask, would you feel obligated to keep things more or less the same as the delegate’s plan and government during the acting delegate period? Or is it fair for you to leave your mark on it? And would you run in the special election to succeed the delegate if you had to be acting delegate?

Thank you for jumping into this race, I love to see new faces give it a go, especially when they study and pay attention to the details as you clearly have.

Very impressive work Chipoli. I can tell you spent a lot of time on it and made an effort to think of every angle of the job.

Frontiers are a key part of your platform. What’s the sweet spot? How much focus on territories should the SC have vs the mainland? What extent should the territories be responsible for their own security, what would that look like in your opinion? Do they get their own SC? Is the Frontier VD enough? How many endorsements should we shoot for?

Why is declassification taking so long? How would you speed it up? Is there any part of the process that we have that can be done differently, better?

We can’t shrug off the possibility of the VD assuming the delegacy given what has just happened. I know your platform covers you wanting to be involved in the executive to better prepare for that, but what skills or knowledge do you have now that you think would also be helpful if you were suddenly forced to be acting delegate? To be fair, it’s unlikely you’d have to act as delegate as long as Gorundu has, so we’re probably talking a couple of weeks assuming you don’t win the special election. So I’d like to also ask, would you feel obligated to keep things more or less the same as the delegate’s plan and government during the acting delegate period? Or is it fair for you to leave your mark on it? And would you run in the special election to succeed the delegate if you had to be acting delegate?

Thank you for jumping into this race, I love to see new faces give it a go, especially when they study and pay attention to the details as you clearly have.
Thank you for your kind words, Ghost! I appreciate them. But I also see you've asked some very good questions.

As I mentioned previously, I believe our territories should be independent in creating laws and policies, and I believe they should be responsible for their regional security, and don't need TNP to hold their hand and do it for them. It is also up to the residents of our territories whether they will establish a Security Council. However, The Wellspring, for example, has a massive target on its back due to being one of the first frontiers, along with being the largest one. I believe for our larger frontiers, a regional Security Council would be a practical idea. The Wellspring has a very low WA count compared to its overall population, once again putting it at risk of a raid. A Security Council would be a good step in preventing these raids.

However, as I said, The Wellspring, has a low WA member count. I believe any number around 300-400 is just out of reach for raiders unless something historic happens. Hence, their Security Council would serve the same purpose as our own. I believe the SC's primary purpose should be the welfare of the North Pacific itself. I believe each region should have its own Security Council for extra attention, which would serve the same person as the Security Council, however, this council would also strictly focus on its territory, which is an improvement from TNP's Security Council since it has to juggle the responsibilities of the mainland and its territories.

There's a very simple answer for why declassification is taking so long: No one wants to do it. Declassification is a time-consuming task that often leaves you feeling all that work was for nothing. However, I recognize that it is quite an important job of the Vice Delegate and that I will step in and do it. I will speed up the process by releasing records on a certain schedule, whether it will be every 2 weeks, a month, or more. I think the only real change in the declassification process I want to see is more people chipping in and getting more progress done and leaving less work for their predecessors.

It is always a very real possibility for the Vice Delegate that TNP will suffer a delegate emergency, requiring the Vice Delegate to take the seat. Gorundu certainly didn't expect to be thrust into the Delegacy in the middle of the term, but here he is now. To start, I have experience managing a force of staffers from my time as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Managing an entire ministry is no easy task. As Delegate I will have to manage at least five. My prior experience as Minister gave me a glimpse of what the Delegate has to work with, every day.

I've also got a decent understanding of TNP law. It's not a main focus of mine, but I can confidently say I know the gist of each law, and how that law is designed to make TNP work. I've also got experience in lawmaking from my ventures in the World Assembly. While it is not quite the same as TNP law, it also gives me an idea of what the Delegate deals with.

But I believe my most important quality of all is that I will always work as hard as possible to ensure the region's best interests are being met. I don't care what obstacles I face, if I want to make TNP successful, I need to persevere. As Vice Delegate, TNP needs a strong player who has plenty of desire to take the region as far as he can, step by step, every single day. That's who I am. I want nothing but the best for this region. I will work hard for this region because TNP is my forever home, and I want it to be the best region it can be. And it is not at its very best yet. It can get better. I will continue working until the day I believe my job is done or until the day my other priorities cause me to step aside.

That said, I will only consider running in a special election if it is best for the region. If I'm confident I will carry the region forward, and my election as Delegate (theoretically) is in the best interests of The North Pacific, then I will run. Otherwise, I will not as I will damage the region, and there are plenty of more individuals willing to take my spot.

My primary goal is to stabilize the region and make sure all goes smoothly. If the region is under control, I will do my best to leave my mark. I don't have a complete idea of what I will do during that time, but I will develop a plan to be prepared.

Hopefully, I answered your questions satisfactorily. Thank you for asking, once again.

Last edited:
What would/could you do about the keepers of the north program, do you have a plan abou that?

What would/could you do about the keepers of the north program, do you have a plan abou that?
My plan is to maintain the Keepers of the North program as it currently is. It seems to currently be functioning, so I will continue to release WADP awards after our technology issues are resolved. I will also continue the card awards program.

Just to be clear, when I say “leave your mark” I mean that even though you’re the acting delegate and possibly not running in the special election, you make decisions and changes as acting delegate that diverge from the plan or the structure that the last delegate had. Some people believe that the acting delegate is just keeping the seat warm until the region picks a new delegate who charts their own course, and therefore the acting delegate should keep the cabinet the same, should continue the policies and plans the last delegate had, and not do their own thing.

I appreciate your answers. I feel you may be underestimating the declassification to a degree to make the pledge you made, but I appreciate the focus on it. How might a security council in a territory work compared the one we have here? How many people and how many endorsements do you think they should have?

Just to be clear, when I say “leave your mark” I mean that even though you’re the acting delegate and possibly not running in the special election, you make decisions and changes as acting delegate that diverge from the plan or the structure that the last delegate had. Some people believe that the acting delegate is just keeping the seat warm until the region picks a new delegate who charts their own course, and therefore the acting delegate should keep the cabinet the same, should continue the policies and plans the last delegate had, and not do their own thing.

I appreciate your answers. I feel you may be underestimating the declassification to a degree to make the pledge you made, but I appreciate the focus on it. How might a security council in a territory work compared the one we have here? How many people and how many endorsements do you think they should have?
I want to clarify a few things about leaving my mark. That will largely depend on how much time I will get. If I get only a few days, I will look to stabilize the region and, as you said, keep the seat warm. If I get a longer period of time, I'll certainly try and improve TNP with my vision, and possibly add a couple of new policies.

I see a possible Security Council in our territories operating the same way our current Security Council does, but with a focus strictly on itself, and likely will not have as many members, possibly 3-5 if I had to choose a certain range. It should largely depend on the WA population of the said territory and the overall population of the territory. I won't give any exact numbers, but for very large territories we should aim for around 300-400 endorsements for the delegate and slightly less for the SC.

Back