Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Comfed
Discord
comfed
mofa_seal.png

Midterm Update - March 2024
I was surprised by how fast the midpoint of this executive term crept up on me. Until I became minister of foreign affairs, I did not really appreciate how much work goes in behind the scenes to maintain our inter-regional position. For most of this term, I have been occupied by getting up to speed on all matters of foreign affairs and fulfilling the traditional role of the MoFA as a representative of our region abroad. I am proud of what we have accomplished on this front, including the admission of The League & Concord to the Modern Gameplay Compact, the productive talks we have had within the Pax Polaris Occidens. However, given this, as well as my real-life situation, I have been letting progress on my somewhat ambitious plans for engaging the staff of the ministry fall by the wayside. Case in point: this address is late.

We have made some progress; the creation of the Analyst role is complete, we are gathering data for building the visual embassy network, and our first case study is near completion. Nonetheless, it has not been to the degree I hoped for. I take full responsibility for this failure to deliver. I still believe that, if we pick up the pace over the rest of the term, we can accomplish what I set out in my opening address, but it will take a more organized effort from me.

To that end, I will be accepting applications for a deputy minister of foreign affairs. This deputy minister will replace @Nutmeg The Squirrel, who has informed me that he wishes to resign; I thank him for his service to TNP as a deputy minister of foreign affairs, as well as in his other offices in the region. I will be working with this deputy minister to implement my key policies for the ministry going forwards. Everyone is invited to apply, even those with little to no experience in foreign affairs specifically.

/s/
Comfed

I would like to thank Comfed and my fellow Deputy Ministers for a chance to work with them in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It's been an enjoyable experience, but I am no longer capable of providing serious effort towards multiple Ministries due to some less than optimal IRL events.
It's been an honour :)

NutmegTheSquirrel

I would like to thank Comfed and my fellow Deputy Ministers for a chance to work with them in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It's been an enjoyable experience, but I am no longer capable of providing serious effort towards multiple Ministries due to some less than optimal IRL events.
It's been an honour :)

NutmegTheSquirrel
Thank you for your service to the Ministry!

Thank you as well to all those who have applied for the deputy minister position. Applications are now closed. I will announce my decision on the appointment next week, accounting for my absence over the Easter weekend.

Back