sc.jpg

Repeal: All We Want for Christmas Is You
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #482
Proposed by: Sporaltryus | Onsite Topic
Replacement: < None >​

We un-festive few, recognize that:

You’re a bad one, 482.
You need to be repealed!
The time has come to strike you from these very hallowed fields, 482!
Here we list the reasons that we all truly feel!

You’re a rough one, 482.
Your lyrics have no rhyme!
When we try to sing these words, they come up all off-time, 482!
Airing such wacky phrases really should be a crime!

You’re a tough one, 482.
Christmas is not alone!
There are holidays out there that don't make us sigh and groan, 482!
Given the choice between the two of them,
We’d rather celebrate our own!

You’re a tricky one, 482.
You dress up like a child!
Your punctuation is lacking and it makes you quite mild, 482!
The two words that best describe you are as follows, and we quote,
“Very reviled!”

You’re a menace, 482.
You’re really quite the chore!
You’ve so many terms without defining what they’re fooor, 482!
How can we expect to take you seriously when the first thing that you do is sidestep the plight of zombies, nukes, and coups, while going to vote in November?

You sicken me, 482.
Your time is almost through!
Your purpose could be worthy, but you simply make us blue, 482!
The Grouchy Security Council hereby repeals Resolution 482!
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations, NPA personnel, and those on NPA deployments will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote. If you are on an NPA deployment without being formally registered as an NPA member, name your deployed nation in your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Overview
This resolution seeks to repeal Security Council Resolution # 482 "All We Want For Christmas Is You", which as the title suggests urged World Assembly member nations to bring joy to themselves "and in turn to their citizens" by singing, "All we want for Christmas... is you".

Recommendation
We believe this repeal proposal represents a shape-shifting Grinch who "especially hates the Christmas season" (according to Wikipedia) and who attempts to steal Christmas, right around the corner from Christmas. The arguments that SC#482 "is a bad one" do not stand up to close scrutiny. Furthermore, the Security Council is not, or has never been, "Grouchy" - the Grinch thought up a lie and he thought it up quick. That is how the Grinch stole Christmas.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council Resolution At Vote, Repeal: "All We Want For Christmas Is You".

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI. This is a parody of another famous song:

Last edited:
I am somewhat torn on this. On the one hand, it is a good parody of You’re a Mean One, and it does point out that the targeted resolution went to vote rather early. On the other hand, I rather like the targeted resolution, and this proposal doesn’t reference parts of NationStates as well as the target did. On balance, I will vote against the proposal, but I might change my mind in future.

Against. I like Mariah Carey.

To clarify, the original was a parody (meant to be at least hopefully somewhat funny), the repeal is also not a bad parody, I think. The original got 2 out of 2 - parodying Mariah Carey, and parodying Mariah Carey's rather early arrival given her Youtube video went up on 1 November.

Last edited:
At first I was undecided. It is delightfully composed. If only it wasn't repealing a well-deserved resolution. Being conflicted, I walked away to mull it over. Then it gave me "stuck song."

Against

"2 minutes ago: The Security Council resolution "Repeal "All We Want for Christmas Is You"" was discarded by the WA for rule violations after garnering 7,089 votes (61%) in favor and 4,522 votes (39%) against."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back