TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
ga.jpg

Repeal: End Blood Sports
Category: Repeal | GA #683
Proposed by: Imperium Anglorum, Co-authored by: Simone Republic | Onsite Topic
Replacement: Forced Blood Sport Eradication Act

The World Assembly,

Believing that the definition of "blood sport" in the target resolution as a "competitive activity" excludes the morally questionable practice of inflicting violence on animals for entertainment without competitive aspect,

Concerned that the target resolution's continuation on the books precludes a cohesive replacement to fix that exclusion and of the sort that certain factions in the Assembly believe is desirable, and

Registering complaints for the record as to the largely unnecessary, duplicative, and dubious character of and surrounding recent legislation on this topic, hereby

Repeals GA 683 "End Blood Sports".
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited by a moderator:
Overview
The proposal at hand repeals the recently passed resolution, "End Blood Sports", specifically citing a loophole that definition of "blood sport" in the target resolution as a "competitive activity" excludes the morally questionable practice of inflicting violence on animals for entertainment without competitive aspect such as for training or otherwise in a non-competitive setting.

Recommendation
We believe this proposal was drafted in haste and the loophole did not become apparent until after the resolution has moved closer to vote. The MoWAA believes that further moves on this topic is not necessarily productive given the existence of GAR#267 making significant reforms on hunting difficult.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the General Assembly resolution at vote, "Repeal: End Blood Sports".

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that as the forum thread points out, this is IA's resolution. I am merely submitting on his behalf as his personal assistant/ servant/ paralegal pursuant to his granting permission, which is both on the gameside forum and in my telegram box gameside for moderator checks.

For.

Present. Honestly not sure about this. My main concern is that this passes, voter fatigue will make it harder to pass the replacement.

I don't really think a replacement is even particularly viable given the constraints of GAR#267.

Last edited:
I am drafting a replacement, Forced Blood Sport Eradication Act. It would ban sport hunting as a blood sport subject to a subordinating clause, ie when #267 is repealed.

I'd likely oppose (1)(a)(ii) - i.e., I don't believe humans should be allowed to give consent to participate in forced blood sports as targets. Actually, same stance that I have that I don't believe humans should be allowed to give consent to be eaten by another human.

I'd likely oppose (1)(a)(ii) - i.e., I don't believe humans should be allowed to give consent to participate in forced blood sports as targets. Actually, same stance that I have that I don't believe humans should be allowed to give consent to be eaten by another human.
It is quite clearly limited to forced blood sports, and a blood sport involving consenting sapients is not a forced blood sport. If it passes, you are free to write a second resolution which bans voluntary blood sports.

There is no compelling reason to repeal since animal abuse can be covered by supplermentary resolutions (and should, to make it more effective and comprehensive than shoehorning it in blood sports regulations), and desiring a replacement that 'certain factions find desirable' can apply to literally any resolution ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back