It
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
sc.jpg

Condemn Cashdeer
Category: < Condemnation > | Target: Cashdeer
Proposed by: CSB PM Union, Co-authored by: Ostrovskiy | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Seeking to bring to the attention of the world and denigrate nations that show a disregard for any and all morals and human rights, hurting their own citizens with the reprehensible, and knowing no nation that so viciously exemplifies this more than The Libertarian Paradise of Cashdeer,

Astounded by the fact that Cashdeer has soared into the lead as the nation with the most unconventional longevity strategy – where citizens exit the stage of life at a mere 14 years old. Yet, a ghastly truth unfurls: this soaring death rate finds an unsettling ally in Cashdeer's notorious distinction as the global epicenter of crime. The nation's canvas has eerily darkened, rendering it a dystopian playground where miscreants revel unchecked, reducing the citizenry to cowering shadows within whatever shelter may offer respite from the relentless storm of brutality. This is most definitely fueled by the utter failure of Cashdeer to keep violent weapons out of the hands of criminals, leading to the nation being the one with the most deadly weapons anywhere in the multiverse, with over three hundred such weapons per person.

Revolted at the Cashdeerian government’s reprehensible stance on the fleeting nature of life at an early age, leaving children to fare for themselves in the wilderness or on the streets, which teaches them to be brutal and violent in order to survive. These children, lacking physical and emotional care during their upbringing, becoming the criminals and miscreants that rain havoc down upon the nations, and are far more likely to abuse substances as is so common in the nation.

Shocked by Cashdeer's dubious distinction as the realm of the most corpulent populace, with its citizenry universally entangled in a web of health woes and inching their lives toward agonizing ends amidst the glaring absence of adequate healthcare. This epidemic may be due to the veritable deluge of sweetened beverages ("sodas") flooding the nation's borders, ruining livers irreversibly.

This disconcerting pattern of poor health continues with the alarming degree of recreational drug use in Cashdeer, a damning testament to a society ensnared by addiction and substance dependency. The landscape of Cashdeer is fraught with shattered lives, a testament to the government's resounding failure to stem the tide of dangerous substances or salvage those ensnared in their destructive grasp.

Disturbed by Cashdeer’s leader, CEO Moneybags, and by its faith, Worship of Money, which implies that money and obtaining it is the driving force of the government instead of helping the citizens, and that Cashdeer's very existence seems woven with the threads of callous calculation that riches are the ultimate goal and trump the preservation of life and health. This suggests that the dire health crisis is not an unfortunate oversight, but a deliberate design to fatten the coffers of a government that revels in the misfortune of its people.

Disgusted at Cashdeer’s wearing of the ignominious crown as the world's most charmless nation, positioned atop cautionary lists that implore travelers to steer clear of its inhospitable embrace. Within this somber canvas, a distressing revelation emerges: Cashdeer's dismal standing as the second most rude nation. This glaring lack of civility casts a stark shadow, perpetuating an atmosphere that repels even the most intrepid seekers of experience.

The many awful things that are done and even celebrated in Cashdeer come to light with the revelation of their barbaric practice of human sacrifice, an awful business which takes away the life of a sentient being, and one which is almost certainly practiced by the Cashdeerian government itself, enforcing the Worship of Money and taking the organs from the human sacrifices in order to create exports and generate profit.

Peeking behind the curtain in horror at Gynostan and Cutote, nations subject to the same administration that rules Cashdeer. Gynostan’s rabid hatred of men leads to a nation which oppresses half of the population, forcing them to work in an effectively slave-like manner for one of the largest militaries in the world, which is done in the name of their belief in Goddess Worship, an absolute one.

Appalled at the sheer corruption present in Cutote, which is ruled by the oligarchy that relies on bribes and favors to run the country, at the expense of the Cutotian citizens, whose poor have very little of the countries wealth in one of the largest gaps between the haves and have-nots in the world.

Believing that such deplorable actions by the government of Cashdeer, leaving a society of neglected criminals, with incredible health issues and a misuse of substances and money alike being common and even expected, marking a society which can’t cohesively function and is falling apart at the seams, which is perpetuated for profits by the corrupt government, deserve no place at the world table and should be denigrated by the World Assembly,

Hereby Condemns Cashdeer.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited by a moderator:
Overview
This resolution seeks to recognise Cashdeer for their years of effort in building world census rankings across various nations, especially in "dystopian" rankings such as charmlessness, obesity, and corruption. Across three of their known nations, including Cutote and Gynostan, they have an impressive nine #1 rankings.

Recommendation
Cashdeer is a player who has placed years of effort into building their national statistics, to a degree very few other players have done. This proposal, further, is well-written and uses these facts to create an engaging, creative resolution which we find ourselves supporting. We also enjoy seeing proposals, such as this one, which cover more niche areas less often represented in the Security Council.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the Security Council resolution at vote, Condemn Cashdeer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Against:
- Wrong target nation (Pontbridge is the user's primary nation)
- Little recognition for their other (just as impressive imo) puppets, which are added as an afterthought and not even linked properly
- Egregious use of full stops
- Absolute snooze fest of a proposal, with little to no change in tone, no humor, no creativity
- Length only due to redundant phrases that just serve to confuse
- Co author who has no care for actually recognizing the user's accomplishments in a thorough manner, just about giving them a badge (and the authorship badge ofc)
Look at this clause, for example:
"Disturbed by Cashdeer’s leader, CEO Moneybags, and by its faith, Worship of Money, which implies that money and obtaining it is the driving force of the government instead of helping the citizens, and that Cashdeer's very existence seems woven with the threads of callous calculation that riches are the ultimate goal and trump the preservation of life and health. This suggests that the dire health crisis is not an unfortunate oversight, but a deliberate design to fatten the coffers of a government that revels in the misfortune of its people."

Not only does it fail to highlight any stat, it's a total mouthful and doesn't really contribute to the narrative well.
"which implies that money and obtaining it is the driving force of the government instead of helping the citizens"
"Cashdeer's very existence seems woven with the threads of callous calculation that riches are the ultimate goal"
"a deliberate design to fatten the coffers of a government that revels in the misfortune of its people"

All 3 clauses say the same exact thing.

This is probably some of the worst writing I've ever seen from a proposal that everyone is unanimously voting for, in a category where building a narrative with precise, effective writing is arguably much more necessary.

There's also a difference between interpreting NS stats for the sake of roleplay and completely overriding the player's narrative independence. This proposal certainly does more of the latter, which is disappointing to see.

Last edited:
I appreciate the lengthy input from Noah, and agree with his conclusions. I didn’t have a horse in this race but I do believe more could be done to really make this one shine. I can’t support it when the inadequacy is laid out so clearly, and I hope some of the people currently in support come to the same conclusion.

Against

I'll be honest, I don't see the issue here. I do dislike the use of full stops, for example (which I have been fairly vocal about in the past) but I don't see how that's major enough to vote against. Even if we assume that the co-author does not care about the resolution quality (something which I am yet to see evidence for) I don't particularly see why that's an issue; "Badge hunter!!!!" (NB: Ostrovskiy already has three badges, across both chambers) is not and has never been a compelling argument to oppose, even if true. I think the style is fair enough and it is still reasonably well-written. I maintain my vote in support.

I'll be honest, I don't see the issue here. I do dislike the use of full stops, for example (which I have been fairly vocal about in the past) but I don't see how that's major enough to vote against. Even if we assume that the co-author does not care about the resolution quality (something which I am yet to see evidence for) I don't particularly see why that's an issue; "Badge hunter!!!!" (NB: Ostrovskiy already has three badges, across both chambers) is not and has never been a compelling argument to oppose, even if true. I think the style is fair enough and it is still reasonably well-written. I maintain my vote in support.
Primarily these two quotes:
"Cashdeer is by far Pontbridge's most successful nation, with 6 #1 badges as opposed to only 4 or 5 on the others combined. I also feel that adding the other nations kinda dilutes the argument for the condemn? Sure, it's impressive to have one or two #1 badges, but c/cable? I don't think so. It takes away from the sheer accomplishments of Cashdeer, because it's less impressive to have a lot of #1s on multiple nations, as you have to do less careful balancing even if the stats correlate pretty closely with each other."
"Still waiting for the SC proposals about every nation that has a first in the world badge"
As Ostro says themselves, C/C's are supposed to be about showcasing all of the features and achievements of a nation as much as possible. At a minimum, I don't think they have a good grasp of the accomplishments of Pontbridge, and it's frustrating to see how quickly they pushed the accomplishments they have on gynostan and cutote to the side just because not as many of their stats have a border around them. Gynostan has 9 top 10 stats in categories that are harder to accomplish than Cashdeer, and it's clear to me that they have no understanding of that. I struggle to see their motivations as anything other than superficial given this.

Last edited:
I find Noah’s arguments to be convincing and valid. I certainly believe that we can do better writing a proposal about this nominee.

Therefore, I am switching my vote to AGAINST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back