[SC - Passed] Condemn Dream Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWU did do TNP a favour whilst also damaging TNP at the same time. Both things can be true, and the people talking in absolutes - who were party to some or all of the talks that took place prior, during and after the incident - are doing the discourse a disservice.

If I had a vote, I'd be in favour.
This is my logic as well. Is LWU to blame for releasing information that proved damaging to TNP? Yes. But that damage is miniscule compared to the damage that was done (/attempted) against us by the defender regions, TSP especially. I would rather know about the extortion than have the extortion happen in secret, even if the affair damaged us in the short and medium term. Blaming LWU for revealing the sad saga is understandable in the sense that their statement is the sine qua non for it blowing up, but not the proximate cause for it happening in the first place. LWU didn't extort us, TSP did.

Against - I think this is well written, but I feel there are compelling reasons that TNP should vote against.

Against - I think this is well written, but I feel there are compelling reasons that TNP should vote against.
I don't doubt that you sincerely think there are reasons to vote against, but this is a pretty transparent attempt to get TNP to vote alongside defenders. Get our votes to stack against, and defenders might defeat the resolution, after all. But I don't see the compelling reasons for TNP to vote for the interests of defenders. In fact, I would say that since this condemnation was one of those we were extorted over, we have a compelling interest to see it pass.

I don't doubt that you sincerely think there are reasons to vote against, but this is a pretty transparent attempt to get TNP to vote alongside defenders. Get our votes to stack against, and defenders might defeat the resolution, after all. But I don't see the compelling reasons for TNP to vote for the interests of defenders. In fact, I would say that since this condemnation was one of those we were extorted over, we have a compelling interest to see it pass.
Saying that we have to support it because someone else went too far trying to get us to oppose it is nowhere near the same thing as supporting it because it is in our interest to do so. And Westinor has been one of us since before you came to this region, and served as our WA minister, so I hope you can appreciate their voice is welcome in this space just as much as yours is.

People feeling that the merits of the resolution alone are worth supporting, and that LWU's public shaming of us does not necessarily have to color our thoughts on this resolution are one thing. But voting in favor to spite people who pushed us too far in the past is just petty and divorced from either of the other logical (and reasonable) arguments for supporting it. I hope we're better than that at least.

Everyone's voice deserves to be heard, whether their WA has been in TNP for four years or four hours. We should never accuse anyone of having ulterior motives, regardless of what defender organization they may or may not belong to.

Saying that we have to support it because someone else went too far trying to get us to oppose it is nowhere near the same thing as supporting it because it is in our interest to do so. And Westinor has been one of us since before you came to this region, and served as our WA minister, so I hope you can appreciate their voice is welcome in this space just as much as yours is.

So you realized that your position in this vote is unpopular with TNP. In response you get a former Warden Commander of TGW, the region that threatened and insulted TNP hard just a few months ago over this very proposal, to move her WA into TNP, something she had never done before for any other WA vote, specifically to vote against this. Then you have the gall to gaslight others into thinking that this is totally normal and nothing is wrong?

You've got some balls, I'll give you that.

Last edited:
So you realized that your position in this vote is unpopular with TNP. In response you get a former Warden Commander of TGW, the region that threatened and insulted TNP hard just a few months ago over this very proposal, to move her WA into TNP, something she had never done before for any other WA vote, specifically to vote against this. Then you have the gall to gaslight others into thinking that this is totally normal and nothing is wrong?

You've got some balls, I'll give you that.
This is not some outsider coming in to mess with our vote. This is our fellow TNPer and successful former MoD and MoWA. I'm not blind to West's other roles in this game, nor am I surprised people may see it this way (nor that they'll lean heavily on that narrative for their own purposes). But West was here first and has continued to be part of this community, and that isn't completely swept aside because TGW is shinier or more directly involved in R/D conflicts.

You know I have said much the same about you when people have leveled similar accusations about your allegiance and sincerity in being involved in TNP. Show West the same courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back