Magecastle_Embassy_Building_A5
Discord
red_canine
sc.jpg

Commend the Rejected Realms
Category: Commendation | Target: the Rejected Realms
Proposed by: Westinor | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Telling the story of the Rejected Realms (TRR), a once-desolate region that rose before the dawn of time as a place for the banished and refugees of conflicts throughout the world. In this age TRR was ruled by chaos, unable to eject or protect itself from the many invaders, including the Atlantic Alliance, that harassed it. This left its community of ragtag outcasts and exiles to form the fabled Rejected Realms Army (RRA) to protect the region and eventually elevate Kandarin to the Delegacy, creating a semblance of stability in their 7-year long reign,

Recognizing that though Kandarin’s tenure steadied the battle-scarred land for a time, allowing it to slowly grow into a quiet and informal community, it also stifled the fires of democracy and growth in TRR. However, after TRR helped found the Alliance Defense Network (ADN), the RRA would go on to nurture the spirit of democratic ideals as an institution independent of Kandarin’s government by playing an important role in ensuring the ADN’s operational focus of defending against undemocratic forces was not muddled by the internal politics of its multivarious membership and being a crucial segment of its military, allowing it to effectively combat countless invasions, resist coups, and flourish as the leading defender alliance of its age,

Understanding that following Kandarin’s passing of the Delegacy at the end of their protracted rule to an outsider, Naivetry, external influences would quickly flood and attempt to control the region only to find themselves accepted by the community, who would rise against more vulturous actors in a long and contentious reformation to finally realize the region’s cultivated ideals of individuality and democracy. Their refusal to bend to external forces and embrace of their shared ideals and backgrounds as outcasts would result in the creation of the region’s first democratic government, centered around independent institutions like the RRA or eventually The Rejected Times (TRT) and a system of challenges to standing officials, democratically legitimizing Naivetry’s Delegacy, and helping to fully realize the essence and power of TRR’s collective and distinct identity: the identity of a Reject,

Exhilarated by the continued triumphs of defender efforts with TRR at its center, joining the Founderless Regions Alliance and assisting in the early growth of its military, the Rangers, before becoming a chief player in the FRA’s later years as a major contributor to its rank-and-file and command system, while also integrating many future defenders to the cause and shaping the multifaceted and vivid culture of the FRA that allowed it to so fervently protect innumerable regions against attack for a decade,

Enamored by TRR’s presence in interregional relations, bringing forth their reputation as a time-tested staple of the defender sphere and strengthening the values of democracy and stability everywhere, particularly by:
  • serving as a crucial anchor and reliable member of the defender faction and a major nexus for defenders and their allies. This is encapsulated by their extensive treaty network, which includes significant agreements like the Treaty of Friendship, which was the isolationist 10000 Islands’ first treaty with a major region, and the XYZ and January Accords, which established links between pivotal defender regions of the time like Mordor and Renegade Islands Alliance and displayed TRR’s connection to key allies outside of the defender sphere like the South Pacific and the East Pacific, and
  • building on the RRA’s reputation as a dependable and battle-tested defender organization, evidenced by their past presence at the head of the faction during key decisions and their perennial place at the front lines of defending as the faction’s torchbearer through the eons,

Wonderstruck by TRR’s vibrant and diverse cultural scene, bringing together defenders and raiders alike for regular favorites like Werewolf, Popmaster, and Rejectmas, and popularizing and inspiring cultural staples in many other regions like Theme Tuesdays or Culture Calendars, cementing TRR as a shining beacon of culture and goodwill and a place for friendship among foes,

Awed by the great wealth of historical knowledge and literature stored within TRR’s halls, headed by TRT, which enshrined the democratic tenets of free speech and media and stood as a leading publication centered around political news and analysis for many years, alongside the Library of Spurned Knowledge, which houses a trove of texts offering firsthand glimpses into events that defined history,

Certain that TRR has left its mark on history as an emblem of the of the unabashed, undeterred, and undaunted that walk its halls, a pillar of democracy that has weathered the winds of destruction and time, and as a home for all who enter, indiscriminately forging both legends and a community that has overcome all,

Hereby Commends The Rejected Realms.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Overview
This proposal seeks to commend The Rejected Realms, by design the only game-created region where no one can be ejected or banned and thus occupying a uniquely unstable place in NationStates. The resolution praises the role of the Rejected Realms Army (RRA) which provided much stability early on and subsequent efforts to build democracy. It also singles out several treaties and alliances built over the years as well as some of their more legendary delegates and work as defenders and robust developments in other aspects such as in culture via The Rejected Times.

Recommendation
This is a well-written proposal from a prolific SC author who has given a succinct summary of the long and storied history of TRR since its introduction in-game nearly two decades ago and the contributions of the community of Rejects. We are actually more disappointed that, within the confines of 5,000 characters, some of the outstanding work of TRR only merited the briefest of praise. The achievements of TRR is outstanding in many aspects and we have nothing but the deepest respect for their successes over the years. We believe this commendation is thoroughly deserved by the TRR community.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the Security Council resolution at vote, "Commend The Rejected Realms".

Last edited by a moderator:
Present. Personally, while I find the commendation to be well written, I am not too overly sure if this is the commendation we are looking for TRR. Not to mention that I haven't really been fully convinced that TRR should get a commend yet

Present. Personally, while I find the commendation to be well written, I am not too overly sure if this is the commendation we are looking for TRR. Not to mention that I haven't really been fully convinced that TRR should get a commend yet
Can I ask how you mean by this? It's a valid concern, so I feel like I should explain in brief my thought process. In terms of whether it's "the" commendation we're looking for. I understand the skepticism and/or hesitancy towards this style of draft - however, I intentionally deviated from the more typical style of surface-level accomplishments given that TRR is 1. a region of such age, history, and depth that listing these felt superficial and 2. is a GCR, and as such is intrinsically advantaged in furthering the usual criteria of such things as hosting events, military action, etc. and particularly so in maintaining security, all challenges that UCRs are generally commended for because in order to do all of that they have had to struggle from the backfoot to get their region to both have the interest and the facets to cater to newcomers in the first place. Anyone who has tried to put time into a UCR or make their own knows the difficulty of doing this without having free spawns or nations.

I would equate this to a commend for The North Pacific, for example. Any argued commendation for TNP would, at first thought, include what makes TNP what it is today - incredible security and high endorsement levels lending to an endorsement culture that does not rely on endocaps, technological marvels (previously, at least), playing a role in the development of Independentism and generally contributing to political as well as World Assembly Affairs and Cards in pretty shockingly influential fashion. But inevitably a lot of this is contingent on the fact that TNP has received 20% of spawns; there are many likely credible arguments that this level of achievement is not possible without such an incredible level of funneling into the region.

The more credible argument for a Commendation of TNP would hinge on the context and background - as you probably know, TNP was one of if not the most chaotic feeders for much of early NS. It suffered invasions and coups over and over again, some of which have made the names and legends of some of the most infamous tales on this site. And despite this, TNP went on to be a significant part of many early defender organizations, and later developed itself into a pillar of Independence, contingent on the fact that it managed to secure itself and its community in such a manner that it has now gone from a battleground to a metropolis. It is in this exact same vein that I have attempted to frame the argument to commend TRR, which has its own parallels to TNP in that for much of its existence it has struggled with managing itself in a safe, coherent, and secure manner (for slightly different reasons), but has pushed through and persevered as a product of its tenacious and ever-growing community of bright and talented players which go beyond a single generation. Just like TNP, TRR has played a key role in many of its efforts as what was usually the keynote GCR in a particular sphere of influence (formal big I independence for a while with TWP and others only loosely associating with what would later become the more consolidated Independent Bloc, for example) and has since then established itself as a solid cornerstone of any part of the site. Is it undeniable that a GCR like TNP was so advantaged that at some point this was the likely result? Yes, and no - it was inevitable that TNP grow into something similarly big and developed, but not to this degree; and similarly this is more impressive given the historical context, as opposed to all the things it's managed to accomplish as a coherent community and government/regime in its time. To me, a nod to TNP's endorsements is little to nothing without an understanding of the near-dozen coups and invasions it's suffered; and in five, ten, twenty years from now, it'll be legends of how TNP survived Pixiedance, served as the battleground for the Puppetmaster liberation, saw Emperor Matthius and the Crimson Order, and yet fought for democracy and lived to tell the tale that will go on, not how many endoes it's managed to sustain. And so it goes for TRR as well.

Hope that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back