Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
The_Democratic_Kingdom_Of_Skaraborg
Discord
Skaraborg#9816
1682968908907.png

Hello!

The hamster is back and running for Speaker for a fourth time! I hope you are not tired of me yet :)

Who am I?
I am Skaraborg, a nation who has been in TNP for 3 years now. During that time, I have served in positions as Minister of Home Affairs, Gameside Advocate and most recently, Speaker. Some random facts about me is that my favourite animal is the hamster and I am a big fan of Mexican and Indian cuisine. I also love football (soccer) and support Newcastle United! I am seeking to be re-elected to a position I am very familiar with. I am the incumbent Speaker and although it was actually not my intention to run for Speaker last term (as I had both a trip to Norway and the US planned), it worked out well anyways and last term was, in my opinion, a solid one.

My goals for the term:
The main target this term will be to finish the Speaker's guide to make it easier for future Deputies to learn the mechanics of the Speaker's office. I have slowly begun to write some of the uncompleted guides, but I am not done yet.
If there is one thing I'd personally like to improve from my last term, it is my punctuality. But that will also be easier this term as I will have a much higher availability and will not spend a quarter of my term in a foreign country.
Thirdly, I will be looking to expand the Speaker's office. Having three deputies worked last term, but for the future of the office, I think it is good if we have a larger number of deputies. Serving as a deputy is a great learning experience and is a great way to further get involved in the region and help out. That is why I think more nations should try to serve as deputies.

Summary:
I am Skaraborg, a nation with lots of experience within the Regional Assembly as Speaker and Deputy Speaker. If elected for another term, I will ensure that the Regional Assembly has another 4 month period of stability and that votes and threads are delivered on time, plus citizenship checks are properly done. I will also be looking to expand the office and complete the Speaker's guide. Thank you for taking your time to read my campaign and feel free to ask any questions! (And sorry for my crazy image)

A huge thanks to all who served as Deputies last term! And if you are interested in serving as a deputy, let me and the other candidates know! I (and hopefully the other candidates too) would gratefully accept you to the team of deputies!

Sincerely.
Skaraborg

The main target this term will be to finish the Speaker's guide to make it easier for future Deputies to learn the mechanics of the Speaker's office. I have slowly begun to write some of the uncompleted guides, but I am not done yet.
Could you give a brief summary of what you think should be in the Speaker's Guide?

Could you give a brief summary of what you think should be in the Speaker's Guide?
Yes! The two most important guides have already been posted. Here’s the list of already published guides:

My priority will be to complete all guides that I think are needed. At the moment, I think they are 1. completing a citizen status check and 2. if a citizen fails admin check or VD-check.

I don’t know wether the other ones are necessary, but it can be good to write a summary of them if requested.

Last edited:
Uh... you might want to accept your nomination if you're running...

Suppose three bills: the Court Reform Bill; the Crime and Punishment Bill; and the Regional Assembly Procedure Bill. The Court Reform Bill amends the Constitution and the Legal Code. The Crime and Punishment Bill amends the Legal Code only. The Regional Assembly Procedure Bill amends the Legal Code and the Regional Assembly's Rules. None of them include the clause required for omnibus bills.

Suppose each bill receives 17 Aye votes to 13 Nay votes with 5 Abstentions. Do they pass?

Which of them, if any, need to be presented to the Delegate for signature or veto?

Suppose the Delegate vetos any that are presented, what is their fate?

If you had to give yourself a rating on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best) for your performance as Speaker this past term, what rating would you give yourself and why?

Suppose three bills: the Court Reform Bill; the Crime and Punishment Bill; and the Regional Assembly Procedure Bill. The Court Reform Bill amends the Constitution and the Legal Code. The Crime and Punishment Bill amends the Legal Code only. The Regional Assembly Procedure Bill amends the Legal Code and the Regional Assembly's Rules. None of them include the clause required for omnibus bills.

Suppose each bill receives 17 Aye votes to 13 Nay votes with 5 Abstentions. Do they pass?

Which of them, if any, need to be presented to the Delegate for signature or veto?

Suppose the Delegate vetos any that are presented, what is their fate?
The Court Reform Bill and The Regional Assembly Bill should firstly not have gone to vote since changes to multiple documents requires a certain clause.

The Crime and Punishment Bill is fine and needs a majority vote to pass, which it has received. Since it's an amendment to the legal code it requires the Delegates signature or veto. If the Delegate vetoes, the RA can override the Delegate's veto with a 2/3 majority vote.

Hypothetically, if the other two bills would be voted upon, the part of The Court Reform Bill that amended the constitution would not pass since it didn’t receive a 2/3rds majority. But the legal code part would pass and would then require the delegate's signature or veto. If the Delegate vetoes, the RA can override the Delegate's veto with a 2/3 majority vote.

Both parts of the RA Procedure Bill would pass since both parts only require a majority vote. The part amending the RA rules would pass and would not be subject to a signature or veto from the Delegate, but the legal code part would need a signature or veto and it’s the same procedure with the delegate again. (Even if the delegate vetoes, the RA rules are amended).

I hope my explanation was not too confusing :) and correct me if anything was wrong, but I think this should be right.
If you had to give yourself a rating on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best) for your performance as Speaker this past term, what rating would you give yourself and why?
It's hard to be objective when judging your own work, but I'll try my best. Personally, I think last term was a solid one. As I stated in my campaign I want to improve my punctuality, but a major cause to some votes being opened slightly late was due to the fact I was travelling a lot that term. The office didn't have any slip-ups or problems and operated efficiently with checks and so forth. I definitely think I met the expectations.

There's a reason you never graded your own work in school and grading my own term feels weird, but if you really want a number maybe I'll give myself a 7 or 8? I feel like I did a good job, but I know I have some room for improvement.

Skaraborg, I knew you could do it and you have. You have some things to work on. Remember the deputies you have can do everything you can do, and sometimes you need to let them, particularly if the timing doesn’t work out for you. You have a good handle on procedure and the little details, it’s been nice to see. Good job.

I just want to know, in your opinion, what is the best case for your opponents being the Speaker? Why would it be a good idea to vote for your opponents over you? Make the case for the opposition.

Skaraborg, I knew you could do it and you have. You have some things to work on. Remember the deputies you have can do everything you can do, and sometimes you need to let them, particularly if the timing doesn’t work out for you. You have a good handle on procedure and the little details, it’s been nice to see. Good job.

I just want to know, in your opinion, what is the best case for your opponents being the Speaker? Why would it be a good idea to vote for your opponents over you? Make the case for the opposition.
I definitely think Oceanica would be a role model for newer nations to dare to run in elections and get involved in the Speaker’s office and other parts of the region. So basically, they could spark an interest from the Gameside community which would help the region as a whole. It’s also positive to have a diversity of nations serving as Speaker and the information you need to know as a Speaker is basically available for everyone. With the guides, you don’t need as much experience to run for Speaker. You can still be a good candidate with little knowledge ahead. If trained correctly, anyone could do a good job as Speaker. I have therefore no doubt in mind Oceanica wouldn’t be able to learn the job quickly after being elected, especially since they seem very willing to learn.

The first time I ran for Speaker, I was in a nearly identical position as Oceanica. A GA with no experience running for Speaker! Today I have served as both a Minister and Speaker. I’ve had a bright future in TNP and hopefully Oceanica has one too.

Vote for Oceanica! They definitely have the dedication and interest to become a good Speaker and could definitely be a role model for gameside nations

It's hard to be objective when judging your own work, but I'll try my best. Personally, I think last term was a solid one. As I stated in my campaign I want to improve my punctuality, but a major cause to some votes being opened slightly late was due to the fact I was travelling a lot that term. The office didn't have any slip-ups or problems and operated efficiently with checks and so forth. I definitely think I met the expectations.

There's a reason you never graded your own work in school and grading my own term feels weird, but if you really want a number maybe I'll give myself a 7 or 8? I feel like I did a good job, but I know I have some room for improvement.
Despite it being a rather difficult question, I appreciate your answer nonetheless.

Little did you know, however, that I actually asked someone whose opinion I trust this exact same question about you. The purpose of me asking you this was to see whether or not your evaluation of yourself lined up with others' ratings of you.

It's safe to say that you passed my little test. The person I asked rated you in the exact same way that you rated yourself. A 7, but also maybe an 8. Good on you for trying to be objective and introspective and not inflating your own rating for the purpose of answering my question.

Despite it being a rather difficult question, I appreciate your answer nonetheless.

Little did you know, however, that I actually asked someone whose opinion I trust this exact same question about you. The purpose of me asking you this was to see whether or not your evaluation of yourself lined up with others' ratings of you.

It's safe to say that you passed my little test. The person I asked rated you in the exact same way that you rated yourself. A 7, but also maybe an 8. Good on you for trying to be objective and introspective and not inflating your own rating for the purpose of answering my question.
I am deeply offended by the fact they didn’t give me a 10. Only I am allowed to give myself a lower rating :P

Back