[SC - Passed] Injunct The Communist Bloc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against - my understanding is that they intend to eventually switch to actually having a Governor again, not a Frontier and it seems unnecessarily petty to prevent that

I'm changing my stance to FOR, as I've realized that changing TCB to a frontier is another way of recruiting more nations to their force.
I don't think they're going to get many spawns, because they want to go back to a stronghold, and they don't get any spawns during the transition.

I'll also just comment on Comfed's and Pallaith's posts: I'm not under any illusion that we are friendly with TCB as it stands. TCB will likely free up a few more pilers who will join their raids if they're secure in the knowledge that TCB itself can't be raided. But TCB already has so strong a delegate that they could send half their endorsements on raids without any real security concerns, and yet they don't, probably because they can't actually mobilise the people for it. And, as I said, it's not impossible that -- being secure themselves -- they lose focus on military affairs. So I don't see the huge change if they get a founder.
Now the argument that with the injunction nothing will change and everything will remain in place. That's true in the technical/mechanical sense, but were I a betting man I'd put money on TCB right now employing the injunction to galvanise their members with the narrative that they trotted out on the forums: That this is Defenderdom accepting votes from (Or allying with, if you think it's a dogwhistle) fascists to attack TCB because they're outspoken leftist independents. Will it work? I don't think it will have much of an effect, because it seems to me that TCB uses this kind of crying wolf often with little apparent effect. Still, it's not assured to us that nothing changes in more social terms. TCB will employ it in their propaganda, maybe with success.
I used 'excessively escalatory' and 'a surefire way to make opponents into enemies' because that's how I see it. Is TCB aligned against our geopolitical interests? Yeah, definitely. Are they actively seeking out a conflict with us? Well to me it looks more like they provide manpower to BoM et al when they're arrayed against us on the battlefield, rather than engaging in an intentionally hostile campaign. I think they're going to take a vote for as a slap in the face and confirmation (In their eyes) that relations are definitely irreparable, and therefore that no further consequences can be applied to them in case they escalate the conflict in turn.
In summary, I don't see the cost of letting TCB go through with this as particularly high, but I do think an injunction will fuel their Fortress TCB/TCB Against The Imperialist World narrative, effect TBD. That's why I'm against: On balance I don't think it will help us or our interests, and I can see scenarios where it will hurt our interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back