Magecastle_Embassy_Building_A5
Discord
red_canine
sc.jpg

A Celebration of Spring
Category: Declaration | Type: Declare
Proposed by: Henrictus Colony | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

We do hereby declare that Spring is the most beautiful season of the year. The days are longer, the sun is brighter, and the air is filled with the sound of birdsong. Everything is awash in color, as flowers bloom and trees bud. It is a time for new beginnings, for hope, and for love.

We hereby declare that Spring is the most beautiful season of the year.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Overview
This proposed declaration claims that Spring is the most beautiful season of the year, as "the sun is brighter, and the air is filled with the sound of birdsong, (and that) (e)verything is awash in color, as flowers bloom... (and) is a time for new beginnings, for hope, and for love"

Recommendation
The WA security council declarations forum has usually been used to address matters of governance across nations, with occasional declarations that are humorous. We do not believe that celebrating spring, as this proposal seeks to do, is of significant relevance to the World Assembly, such that we are not comfortable with this proposal permanently being in the listings of passed resolutions. Nor was this proposal drafted on the forums, contrary to longstanding practice of the WASC that proposals are drafted on the gameside forum for extensive comments prior to submission.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council proposal at vote, "A Celebration of Spring".

Last edited:
I am against this proposal. It has no connection whatsoever to NationStates, so I see no reason that the Security Council should be involved in this. The appropriate venue for someone wishing to promote Spring is General.

Opposed. There is no Love lost here. This is a simulation of back stabbing politics in a festering snakepit. Pleaae play Animal Crossing instead.

Also it's not Spring now in Melbourne Australia where NationStates is (where Max Barry is).

Last edited:
Against. Poorly worded and a measly explanation—reminds me of a sandwich with barely anything in between, just "hereby declares...".

Against. I like Spring, but it's poorly written.
Opposed. There is no Love lost here. This is a simulation of back stabbing politics in a festering snakepit. Pleaae play Animal Crossing instead.

Also it's not Spring now in Melbourne Australia where NationStates is (where Max Barry is).
It's absolutely freezing over here.

I am against this proposal. It has no connection whatsoever to NationStates, so I see no reason that the Security Council should be involved in this. The appropriate venue for someone wishing to promote Spring is General.

Technically not inappropriate because "a declaration can declare anything" - refer to the discord wording.

"Declarations cannot do more than express an opinion - do not use them to legislate, and do not use them in lieu of Commendations/Condemnations - if your text could be read as the operative clause of a different proposal category (e.g. condemns Goobergunchia for its unsightly flag) then you are violating this rule.

Declarations can encourage the creation of organisations, and set conditions for the WA/SC recognising them, as both are considered an expression of opinion. However, they cannot legislate on how organisations must act or be comprised."

Another example of why this Declare category needs to die.

Wait until you get me to cajole someone to sing my Mariah Carey declaration.

Last edited:
It's a cute proposal! We love spring not to mention blooming flowers so we here at rom are in favor of this decoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back