Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
npa_seal.png

NPA Rules, Information, and Links

To reduce clutter and streamline searching, this thread will contain all non-sensitive rules, general information, and procedures pertaining to the North Pacific Army. For NPA-only information, please consult the relevant subforum. Questions should be directed to the Minister of Defense, @Comfed.

The NPA's Discord server can be joined via this link.

The NPA's current jump point (staging ground) is LunarPunk. All NPA puppets should be in that region when not in use.

The NPA's official membership roster may be viewed in this sheet. Though incorporated into the roster sheet, the NPA's mission logs may be viewed separately in this sheet.

Important standalone public threads include:
  • The Military Sign Up! thread, where WA residents may apply for the NPA.
  • The Regional Force Exemptions thread, listing regions exempted by the Delegate and/or Regional Assembly from the Legal Code's restrictions on NPA interaction with target regions and containing Delegate exemption announcements to that end.
  • The NPA Operation Reports thread, containing a record of NPA operations, targets, and participating soldiers.
  • The NPA Removal Notices thread, containing a list of removals from the NPA, usually due to inactivity.

Important standalone NPA-only threads include:

Last edited by a moderator:
Legal Code Provisions Governing the NPA
Section 7.6: The North Pacific Army
44. The North Pacific Army is the military of The North Pacific. The Executive Officer charged with military affairs will endeavor to maintain an active and well trained military, capable of executing both offensive and defensive operations.
45. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will act with respect towards the natives of the region.
46. The Regional Assembly must be informed of all operations undertaken by The North Pacific Army as soon as practicable, unless they are classified by the Delegate or the Executive Officer in charge of the military.
47. The Regional Assembly may declassify an operation by a majority vote.
48. The following are Class A restricted actions:
  • changing a region's World Factbook Entry without providing the region with the original content of the World Factbook Entry or a straightforward way to access that content;
  • closing embassies;
  • altering a region's pinned dispatch list;
  • suppressing posts on a Regional Message Board;
  • closing or opening a regional poll;
49. The following are Class B restricted actions:
  • applying a password to a region;
  • banning or ejecting nations native to a region;
50. Members of The North Pacific Army holding a Regional Officer position in a foreign region as part of an operation in that region may not use that position to perform restricted actions, except where necessary to restore a region to a prior native-controlled state.
51. Members of The North Pacific Army may participate in joint operations with other militaries that perform restricted actions, and may serve as Regional Officers in foreign regions during such joint operations, but may not perform any restricted actions themselves in the joint operation, except where necessary to restore a region to a prior native-controlled state.
52. The Delegate may specifically or categorically exempt regions from some or all restricted actions. The Regional Assembly must be informed as soon as these exemptions are made. Exemptions to Class B restricted actions must be confirmed by a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.
53. Regions with which The North Pacific is at war are exempt from all restricted actions for the duration of the war. Natives of a region that request that The North Pacific Army perform restricted actions on them, whether independently or as part of a broader agreement, are exempt from those restricted actions.
54. The Regional Assembly may require The North Pacific Army to withdraw from any operation, and impose other requirements to reverse restricted actions it performed on that region during that operation, by majority vote.
55. Nations wishing to join The North Pacific Army must swear the following oath before being enlisted. All military rules that they are pledging to obey must be publicly visible.
By my honor and by my conscience, I will endeavor to honestly and faithfully serve The North Pacific. In peace and in war, I will support and defend The North Pacific and its legal system of government. If I perceive or gain knowledge of activity to overthrow the legal government of the region, I will report it to the Security Council without delay. I promise to act properly and uprightly, to obey the lawful orders of the Delegate and my superiors, to comply with the law and all military rules, and to keep the military secrets trusted in me. Should I be given a position of military leadership, I will endeavor to set a good and encouraging example to my subordinates. When deployed, I will be mindful that my actions reflect on my region, and endeavor to represent The North Pacific with honor and dignity. I swear all this freely and without reservation.

Last edited by a moderator:
del_seal.png

Delegate Directive #5: 16 February 2021

This document is a directive from the Delegate pertaining to the management of the North Pacific Army. This directive will replace the NPA Code of Governance and is subservient to the Legal Code and Constitution.

Article I: Role
  1. The North Pacific Army is the military of The North Pacific that exists to protect The North Pacific and its vital regional interests.
Article II: Leadership of the North Pacific Army
  1. The Delegate of The North Pacific (“Delegate”) is the Commander-in-Chief of The North Pacific Army.
  2. The Delegate will appoint a Minister of Defence (“Minister”) to oversee the day to day activities of The North Pacific Army.
  3. The Minister may appoint Deputy Ministers to assist them in the carrying out of their responsibilities.
Article III: Membership of The North Pacific Army
  1. Any member of The North Pacific may apply to join The North Pacific Army by swearing the oath prescribed in the legal code.
  2. The Minister of Defence or their designee will be responsible for approving or rejecting applications to join The North Pacific Army.
  3. The Minister of Defence or their designee may remove members of The North Pacific Army if they are no longer a resident of The North Pacific, if they have been banned from the North Pacific’s Forums, or if they have violated any section of this directive.
  4. The North Pacific Army maintains a strict ‘one-military’ only policy. Members of the North Pacific Army are not permitted to serve in other regional or extra-regional militaries.
  5. Members of The North Pacific Army agree to make their World Assembly nation(s) available to serve the interests of The North Pacific for the duration of their service.
Article IV: Operations
  1. The North Pacific Army will only carry out operations authorised by the Delegate of The North Pacific or the Minister of Defence. The Delegate and Minister of Defence may grant other members of the North Pacific Army’s High Command the authority to approve operations.
  2. The North Pacific Army will prioritise the defence of The North Pacific and its allies at all times.
Article IV: Military Promotions and Awards:
  1. The Delegate or the Minister may award promotions and may demote members of the North Pacific Army.
  2. The Delegate or the Minister may grant special awards and honours for distinguished service to Members of The North Pacific Army.
  3. The Minister of Defence will upon taking the oath of office automatically assume the rank of General and member of the North Pacific Army’s High Command for the duration of their service as Minister.
Article V: The North Pacific Army’s High Command
  1. The North Pacific Army’s High Command will be comprised of extraordinarily experienced, loyal and knowledgeable officers promoted by the Delegate to assist the Minister of Defence in providing leadership to the North Pacific Army.
  2. The Delegate or the Minister may assign members of the High Command to oversee particular divisions or policy areas of the North Pacific Army.
  3. Members of the High Command will hold the rank of General (GEN) for the duration of their service in High Command.
  4. Members of the High Command serve at the pleasure of the Delegate of The North Pacific.
Article VI: The North Pacific Army Officers
  1. The North Pacific Army Officers will be comprised of Members who have participated successfully in multiple missions, demonstrated leadership ability and loyalty to the North Pacific Army and its rules.
  2. Officers in The North Pacific Army may be authorised to lead missions by the High Command.
  3. Officer ranks in The North Pacific Army include:
    1. Colonel (COL);
    2. Major (MAJ);
    3. Captain (CPT); and
    4. Lieutenant (LTN).
Article VII: Enlisted Personnel
  1. All applicants in the North Pacific Army will begin their service at the rank of Private.
  2. The ranks of enlisted personnel include:
    1. Warrant Officer (WO)
    2. Sergeant (SGT);
    3. Corporal (CPL);
    4. Private First Class (PFC); and
    5. Private (PVT).
Article VIII: Loss of the Delegacy Contingency Plan
  1. The North Pacific Army recognises that the Delegate is a position established by the Constitution of The North Pacific.
  2. A rogue Delegacy is defined as a state in which the elected Delegate has been replaced by an individual not authorised to hold that position, or where the elected Delegate has violated the constitution and the rights of citizens.
  3. Should the North Pacific Army recognise a rogue delegacy, the North Pacific Army will recognise the authority of the Acting Legal Delegate (the Vice Delegate or the next nation in the line of succession) and follow their orders.
Article IX: TresVille: Confidential Forum Area
  1. The specified confidential headquarters of The North Pacific Army shall be located here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/3026057/
  2. All matters discussed in this forum are confidential. Any public or private discussion with unauthorised members about the contents of this forum will result in disciplinary action.
Article X: Hall of Honour
  1. The Hall of Honour shall commemorate individuals who have had a significant impact on the North Pacific Army.
  2. To be inducted to the Hall of Honour, the Member must be nominated by an Officer using the below template. Members may not nominate themselves. Nominations must receive a second and a third nomination in order to proceed to the next stage.
  3. NPA High Command shall create a thread to allow for discussion amongst Members on the merits of the nomination. The minimum discussion period is one week.
  4. After the minimum discussion period, High Command will hold a vote of all Officers of the North Pacific Army. The vote will be open for seven days.
  5. In order to be admitted to the Hall of Honour the nominee must achieve a three-fourths majority in favour of admission.
  6. An inductee to the Hall of Honour shall receive the following:
    1. Lifetime membership of the North Pacific Army and exemption from discharge;
    2. Access to all forums and discord channels that are viewable to NPA soldiers;
    3. The “Honoured Soldier” role on discord.
  7. Membership of the Hall of Honour may be relinquished by the resignation of the member, or removed by the Delegate or the Minister of Defence.
  8. The template for nominations to the Hall of Honour is as follows:
    1. Name of Nominee:
    2. Rank of Nominee:
    3. Summary of Service to the NPA:

Last edited:
NPA Branches
  • The Auxiliary or Pilers - NationStates updates two times a day (these two updates are known as minor and major) and during these periods every nation in a region has their endorsements calculated and the nation with the highest number of endorsements is made the WA delegate. Pilers do not have to be around during either update but rather need only check their email, forum PMs or nation telegrams to check if they need to move and reinforce a position during any given time. The benefit of being part of this division is that you are not required to be online at update. Do note that you will not gain promotions as fast as the second force, the updaters.
  • Special Forces or Updaters - Updaters, as mentioned above, are able to be online close to update so that they might move into regions at that time. It is also a requirement that updaters have access to Discord. You can join the NPA Discord server using this link. Updaters are promoted much faster than the Auxiliary.
The NPA also has a dedicated recruitment team, responsible for reaching out to prospective soldiers in the region both on the gameside and the forum, and onboarding new members. Recruiters don't need to be online at update to perform their responsibilities, so soldiers can join regardless of whether they're in the Auxiliary or Special Forces.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back