Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
sc.jpg

Repeal: "Liberate A Liberal Haven"
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #380
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

Security Council Resolution #380 “Liberate A Liberal Haven” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

RECALLING that, between the 2nd of January and the 3rd of February 2022, the World Assembly Delegacy of A Liberal Haven (ALH) was held by a raider called Got the munchies real bad man, a vassal state of Vando0sa which had resided in ALH for six years;

NOTING that Got the munchies real bad man:
  1. replaced ALH's native-imposed visible password with a nominally secret password upon seizing its delegacy;
  2. was at first supported by about twenty-five members of The Black Hawks and Lone Wolves United;
  3. swelled to an astonishing 140 endorsements on the 6th of January, due to not only previously-uninvolved members of TBH and LWU but also forces from the Karmada, the Royal Kantrian Army of Kantrias, Osiris' Sekhmet Legion, Caer Sidi's Autumnal Court and elsewhere;
  4. had been endorsed by just shy of 160 soldiers when SC#380 was passed on the 7th of January;
  5. by the 9th of January, had received no less than 203 endorsements (thus becoming the world's 14th-most powerful delegate), where they hovered for a number of weeks; and
  6. banned Maineiacs on the 1st of February, before banning themselves on the 3rd of February;
THANKFUL that Garchyland was restored to their rightful post as ALH's native WA Delegate on the 3rd of February 2022 after the withdrawal of the raider party, despite multiple unsuccessful attempts by large defender forces to return them to power in the days after SC#380 passed; and therefore

ACKNOWLEDGING not only the support of Garchyland and Maineiacs (ALH's last two natives) for a repeal of SC#380, but also the desire of Garchyland to reimpose a password upon ALH to once more guarantee its security - an action which they cannot take unless SC#380 is repealed:

HEREBY REPEALS SC#380 "Liberate A Liberal Haven."
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent
Repeal: "Liberate A Liberal Haven" has passed 14,498 votes (94.7%) to 809 (5.3%).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
This repeal's target is SCR#380, a resolution that liberated A Liberal Haven (ALH). At the time of SCR#380's passing, ALH was occupied and password protected by invading forces, and the resolution's intent was to strike out the password so the region could be liberated. However, the liberating forces failed to regain the region by military means and the region remained under raider control until recently.

Recommendation
The repeal covers the timeline of the ALH invasion rather well, listing the relevant actions taken by key actors in the event in detail. In addition to, and more important than this helpful timeline is the fact that natives to ALH support the repeal, citing a need to restore a password for regional security. To keep this resolution in place would only negatively impact the region further. Although it would be preferable if the author of this resolution wasn't someone in support of the invading forces and instead a native or attempted liberator of ALH, this resolution is still plenty satisfactory, especially compared to those similar to it.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the Security Council resolution "Repeal: 'Liberate A Liberal Haven'".

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch--Please Upvote!

Last edited:
This proposal has received the requisite approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will proceed to a vote at Tuesday's Minor Update.

How many times have you said this? All the "backstory" you need is in the goddamned resolution.
Quite a lot of times I've said this, to be honest, but I want to clarify that, I mean I don't really understand the mechanics of raiding and whom the players are and what the procedures are, as in general I don't participate in that part of NS at all. Since I am voting "present", I don't think it really affects the outcome of the vote unless it is a close one (which in this case it won't be anyway).

If it makes you feel better, I can change my votes in the future to "present - since I don't participate in raids in NS I feel I am not sufficiently informed to comment".

Last edited:
Repeal: "Liberate A Liberal Haven" has passed 14,498 votes (94.7%) to 809 (5.3%). This is the single largest margin of victory for a proposal in the history of the Security Council to date. This is also author @Tinhampton's 8th Security Council Resolution authored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back