Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
mowa_seal.png
Good Evening, Everyone,

Well, what a crazy term it has been. I don't exactly have the best track record in these things, so seeing out this term is something I'll count as a minor win for me. It’s certainly been a term of ups and downs both personally, socially, politically, and emotionally for me between IRL school stress (submitting my last grad school app tomorrow!) and personal and family difficulties. But...none of that really matters to most of you unless you happen to have been on the receiving end of a bad day or, in one instance, were notified. Regardless, we struggle, we push through.

Not perhaps so for the Ministry I lead though as even if it's been relatively under-the-radar, our MoWAA has done some winning this term--a lot of it. Some have been sown seeds, others have been immediate victories. That though doesn't change that I am mostly satisfied with the course of affairs.

So what were these victories in the Ministry of World Affairs’ exciting work this term?
  1. We revised the voting policy. Even though it is a decidedly boring part of my job, those revisions can be read here.
  2. Early on in this term, we set in motion the architecture for the new Heroes of Valhalla project, which you can read about here. Our first draft being worked on is that of Europeia’s own Calvin Coolidge after a previously approached nominee refused. We hope that in the new term we’ll be able to send this draft out to be looked at and worked on publicly!
  3. Near the end of this term, the Ministry, in concert with its WALL partners and on the suggestion of our beloved Advisor to the Delegate Ghost, set in motion plans for a Third World Assembly Symposium. This Symposium is to be held on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Weekend1 in the United States or from approximately January 14-17. More information will be available in our Gameplay thread as to our schedule tomorrow.
  4. We stepped up cooperation with WALL on Information for Voters campaigns, particularly in the last month. We expect to continue this cooperation and jointly draft IFVs with Europe, Balder, Europeia, and the International Democratic Union moving forward. Additionally, Imperium Anglorum has circulated a new set of working procedures for the alliance and we hope to implement those in the new term as well.
  5. We promoted new faces and saw new ones do work in the Ministry. Even though neither Concrete Slab or Morover’s appointment worked out quite as well as I’d hoped, we did manage to appoint a new face to Ministry leadership in Sincluda. I’m content with their work thus far and am excited to see how they progress going forward.
  6. Ministry staffers (or their “satellite nations”) at the time of passage authored 8 GA Resolutions (#574, #575, #576, #577, #579, co-#584, #585, co-#590) and 5 SC Resolutions (#367, #369, #370, #371, and #376) since September 1. Very strong work indeed from our staffers, we hope to see more in the near future too! That's a whopping ~40% of Resolutions passed since September 1 with a TNP MoWAA staffer's nation attached to it as it passed.
I’d also like to take this time and mention perhaps the one loss of my tenure: the WA Council. The idea has certainly worked as I thought it would, but a significant revival in WALL activity has rendered it in some sense surplus to requirements. I will not be eliminating it if re-appointed, after all, it serves as a valuable policy clearinghouse for those times when TNP needs to go votes alone, but it has not been a hotbed of activity.

Finally, I’d like to take the time to thank a few folks. @St George for their willingness to appoint me and work with me through the ups, downs, twists, and turns of this term, @Pallaith for putting up with me and for pushing me to me a much better Minister than this bureaucratic soul probably should have been, and to @Greater Cesnica for being unfailingly willing to help out with whatever was needed, and to the staffers who stepped up this term and made threads and wrote IFVs. None of you have gone unnoticed in my eyes.

Onwards and upwards, if you'll have me back next term.

All the best,
~~Boston Castle

1 Edit: How did I forget the word "Weekend"?

Last edited:
Back