Tree of Wisdom

Deputy Minister
-
TNP Nation
Noble Eldrid
Discord
@Eldrid#5336
Dear Citizens of TNP;

It’s that time again! Election season is among us! I am proud to announce I am running for Regional Assembly Speaker. I think I’ll make a good speaker because I’m a new, eager, fresh face, and ready to get to work! I’ve had the opportunity to work with some great leaders in our region like @TlomzKrano , @Pallaith , @Fregerson , and many others who I know all have such a great and positive experience for our region. If I’m elected Speaker, I intend to keep my positive, and upbeat approach that I’ve brought as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Deputy Speaker. The biggest question I have gotten so far is how will I be able to overcome being inexperienced here in TNP? I’m a fast learner, do my homework, and I’ll still ask questions to those who have been here longer than me. I’ll work closely each of the Deputy Speakers like @bootsie , @Bobberino , and former Speakers to so I can do the best job I can. I’m a team player who wants to really will keep a humble, and willing to learn mindset! If I’m elected, I’ll tackle getting more participation in the Regional Assembly halls, keep a tight record of the citizenship applications, and audits, and finally have a positive presence in the chambers, and around the region. The Regional Assembly is a place every citizen should have their voices heard! While I’m new to the region, I’ve had 6 years of experience in several other places like the URA, a few regions I’ve founded, and now I’m finally excited to be here in TNP! Again @bootsie thank you for the nomination, and thank you for your willingness to always answer questions when I have them! In closing, I’m Tree of Wisdom! I ask for your vote this election as Speaker!

Last edited:
If elected, how would you be different to the current Speaker (Freg)?

In your opinion, how did well did you think Freg performed as Speaker? What areas do you think their performance as Speaker lacked?

Could you elaborate on how you would "reach out" to our citizens and Deputy Speakers? I do think that the Gameside Advocates are able to do the same work as you plan to do.

Hope these questions aren't too much.

Freg I think is a good speaker. I don’t think they did anything that was bad honestly. Freg was super cool when I signed up to help out, and taught me a few things to look for in citizenship applications. While I do agree Gameside Advocates can absolutely do the same work. But the difference is I want to increase our numbers in participating in the Regional Assembly. So getting out, and educating what rights they are missing out on is super important in my opinion. I’ll be different in areas that I like to communicate, get out there, and increase our participation, serve with servant leadership approach, and finally go above and beyond the status quo. I absolutely like Freg, and grateful for the opportunity to serve with them in the RA. As for reaching out to the citizens, I want increase the social interaction between the Speakers office, and the citizens! Thank you for your questions as well!

Last edited:
The regional assembly is a place where every citizen has the right to propose, vote, and have their voices heard in our government. Only seeing 30-35 total votes on nominations, bill proposals, and such is to low. We need to increase our citizens interest in a right they may not really know, or understand. I’ll be advertising and getting out to our citizens along with the Deputy Speakers to increase participation in our chambers. My goal for the term would be increasing our usual vote count to 50 at least. This is one way for us to keep newer citizens interested in our region is by having their voices heard. I want to be the Speaker who will work to make sure our citizens have their voices heard.
With very few proposals before the Regional Assembly at any one time, why do you believe advertising the Regional Assembly will increase citizens' interest and participation? Furthermore, why do you believe this is a duty of the Speaker rather than that of the Delegate, who is generally in charge of integrating new citizens?
I’m also going to propose that we change our current citizenship application to one that gives us a little more information to. For example things like areas of interest they want to partake in here in the region, forum mentor, or mentor in general, any questions for us, and things that actually will increase the interest of us getting new citizens. I think the oath to petition the Speakers office is good, but not sure it totally fits today’s needs for our region. It will be my focus day one as Speaker if elected to come out with a much better application. I do intend to keep all 3 checks in the new application.
Firstly, I don't believe the oath or the 3 checks in the citizenship application is up to the Speaker to decide, since they are mandated by law, so I would advise you to review the relevant laws to the Speaker and the Regional Assembly in Chapter 6 of the Legal Code. While there is nothing in the law to prohibit additional optional sections to the citizenship application, do you believe this should be unilaterally changed by the Speaker, seeing as the Delegate also has a hand in integrating new citizens (as previously mentioned)?
I will brief the region to keep up with the legislation agenda, recruiting drives for the RA, and Deputy Speakers, and be up front on the agenda. I pledge I will work with the Delegate to help make our region even better! I’m a communicative person who really wants to help TNP. I will meet with the delegate often to discuss their agenda, and how to better their legislative agenda.
What do you mean exactly by "legislative agenda"? Neither the Speaker nor the Delegate propose legislative agendas, and bills are presented by citizens in a private capacity, even if they serve in government positions. Also, as the Speaker and Delegate hold very different responsibilities, how exactly can the Speaker work with the Delegate to make the region better, and how will discussing their agenda help?

Finally, as Deputy Speaker you were involved in a small mishap in the Regional Assembly recently where you opened a vote for a bill that has not been motioned for a vote. What have you learnt from this mistake and can you state what is the correct procedure for bringing a bill to vote?

Last edited:
With very few proposals before the Regional Assembly at any one time, why do you believe advertising the Regional Assembly will increase citizens' interest and participation? Furthermore, why do you believe this is a duty of the Speaker rather than that of the Delegate, who is generally in charge of integrating new citizens?

Firstly, I don't believe the oath or the 3 checks in the citizenship application is up to the Speaker to decide, since they are mandated by law, so I would advise you to review the relevant laws to the Speaker and the Regional Assembly in Chapter 6 of the Legal Code. While there is nothing in the law to prohibit additional optional sections to the citizenship application, do you believe this should be unilaterally changed by the Speaker, seeing as the Delegate also has a hand in integrating new citizens (as previously mentioned)?

What do you mean exactly by "legislative agenda"? Neither the Speaker nor the Delegate propose legislative agendas, and bills are presented by citizens in a private capacity, even if they serve in government positions. Also, as the Speaker and Delegate hold very different responsibilities, how exactly can the Speaker work with the Delegate to make the region better, and how will discussing their agenda help?

Finally, as Deputy Speaker you were involved in a small mishap in the Regional Assembly recently where you opened a vote for a bill that has not been motioned for a vote. What have you learnt from this mistake and can you state what is the correct procedure for bringing a bill to vote?
1. Well my apologies I’ll refer you to my updated platform for my ideas. While I said if there is movement on a potential bill, I never moved it to a vote. I’m a very communicative person so I said if there’s movement we can schedule if the author has the right requirements. As I said in my platform, I’m not a know it all person. I read over the responsibilities, and asked questions just like I will in any situation.
2. I totally understand the Delegate and Speaker are different branches, and offices. I’m a team player , and truly believe I’ll be able to communicate effectively when it comes to presenting the Delegate passed bills for their signature, and updating the laws library in an appropriate manner.
3. I know it’s the Delegate, and gameside advocates who help new citizens get settled into the region. But I feel if I am elected Speaker, I should be there encouraging citizens to get involved. It’s not the Speakers duty in the defined role. If I’m elected, I’m going to put more effort into the role than what the Constitution says. Not breaking laws, but being a face encourages citizens to get involved. So what are someways to do that? I will coordinate with the gameside advocates to help advertise my dispatch that shows what current bills are up for debate, what bills passed, and such monthly. We have so many new nations joining everyday. I think seeing someone who is passionate, and out there saying this is one of your rights as a citizen you have does help a lot. Results won’t be instant, but I am solid that we need to step up our game.

As the person whose bill was the subject of the little kerfluffle with the scheduling, I want to state that I understand what you were trying to do. It was unnecessary, and not covered in procedure, but I appreciate it was outside the box. Is this an example of the kind of thing you might do with full ability to amend the standing procedures?

I also appreciate you tacitly acknowledging Gorundu’s points by amending your platform, but I’m a bit put off by that response. If you have a vision, lay it out, stand by it, and change it as needed. I’m not sure throwing out 100% of it was warranted, especially if you’re still planning on doing it if you win and just threw it out to better your odds in the election. So I would like to hear more about how you would improve communication and encourage participation in our RA. Legislative activity doesn’t exactly thrill most people, especially if you’re targeting a group that already chooses not to participate in our offsite properties to begin with.

Regarding the oath, do you think you could do all that with some kind of mentoring program for the Speaker’s office similar to Cretox’s VD program? I get the idea of making use of our first contact with newcomers, but the oath really isn’t the place to do it. But while we’re on the subject, any thoughts on potential citizenship reform? What do you think of the Boston Amendment and is there a good way to amend the law to make it easier for people in Boston’s shoes to become citizens going forward?

I’m also interested in your perspective as a deputy speaker, your honest appraisal of the term with its highs and lows. I’m especially interested in hearing about the calls you felt you would have made differently, or how the big moments of the term would have been different if you had been running the office. Where has the machinery of the Speaker’s office failed, and how would you have fixed it?

I’m glad you decided to go for this, and I appreciate your enthusiasm. Good luck.

As the person whose bill was the subject of the little kerfluffle with the scheduling, I want to state that I understand what you were trying to do. It was unnecessary, and not covered in procedure, but I appreciate it was outside the box. Is this an example of the kind of thing you might do with full ability to amend the standing procedures?
1. Thank you! I do like to be outside the box sometimes. If I can encourage discussion, and get participation into something as big as the FoIA Reform Act is, and could potentially be, then this is most certainly a thing I will look into. As for amending the standing procedures, I will certainly explore the options to do so. I won’t rush into it right away. I want to be patient, and make the best decisions that will best enhance the Regional Assembly. I would say to spice things up I would love to implement committees or project assignments. This could create some new ideas in the chambers. That’s an example I think would be cool.

2. I kind of felt someone who has held this office offered some good insight. Listening to the experienced veterans is always good. Being new I weighed it to modify the ideas a little. I’m still going to target increasing our participation. The way to do this is submitting monthly updates in our regional monthly updates, run dispatches, or RMB campaigns, host a open house of the RA to talk about the opportunities a citizen has, and coordinating with gameside advocates to mention the RA. I know this is a challenge I’m speaking up about. But I’m passionate about leading this Regional Assembly , and improving it so future citizens will want to participate in something that’s important as a right they have.
(Answers to the last questions coming soon)

Last edited:
Regarding the oath, do you think you could do all that with some kind of mentoring program for the Speaker’s office similar to Cretox’s VD program? I get the idea of making use of our first contact with newcomers, but the oath really isn’t the place to do it. But while we’re on the subject, any thoughts on potential citizenship reform? What do you think of the Boston Amendment and is there a good way to amend the law to make it easier for people in Boston’s shoes to become citizens going forward?
3. I love this question! I agree the oath isn’t the place to try to offer some kind of mentoring program. But yes. If elected I do plan on establishing a program where myself, Deputy Speakers, and other senior members can volunteer to help new citizens with writing legislation, talk about their ideas, and encourage creativity.
Do I see citizenship reform a thing? Absolutely I do. While the current format isn’t bad, but as being the legislative branch, why yes we can look into this idea. As I mentioned in my first answer to your question, let’s put a committee together of nations who want to help make this idea a reality. The Boston Amendment I feel needs to be looked at more in depth. As I read over the amendment, I have several concerns. Those are like;
1. Could this potentially cost TNP keeping it’s up and coming leaders?
2. Will Delegates use it after Boston’s tenure?
3. Is this truly a save amendment to have especially in todays world?
I think we need to look at how we can reform our citizenship process to a way that encompasses this amendment, and ensures protecting our community to. Boston has done a great job. But not all people are like Boston.

Could you elaborate some more on a few things? Specifically, how these monthly updates would work? We used to have the Speaker’s digest, are you familiar with that? Sounds like you may be proposing to bring it back. I’m really interested in how you’re going to convince these people who have little to no interest in joining us on the forum or Discord, to participate in the RA, any ideas?

Additionally, your response on the citizenship reform question was interesting. Could you tell me more about your concerns? You seem to be suggesting there’s a safety concern with the amendment, and that you feel this is just about Boston. How familiar are you with the debate and why we did it? Was the argument not convincing to you?

We’ve tried committees with the executive staff and in FA specifically. How would your committees be different? And rather than put the idea to the committee, why don’t you give me an idea of how you would reform citizenship? If it’s an idea you believe in, lay it out for me. And given security is a concern for you with the Boston amendment, how would you solve that problem when reforming our process?

I would say to spice things up I would love to implement committees or project assignments. This could create some new ideas in the chambers. That’s an example I think would be cool.
The last time committees were tried, they failed due to lack of interest from both committee members and the general public. Can you give us some specific details on how committees or project assignments could work under your Speakership? Who would be appointed? What issues would they look at? What would be the end goal of the committee?

The way to do this is submitting monthly updates in our regional monthly updates, run dispatches, or RMB campaigns, host a open house of the RA to talk about the opportunities a citizen has, and coordinating with gameside advocates to mention the RA.
You're certainly not the first Speaker candidate to propose monthly updates or dispatches. Past efforts at a RA-focused publication like the RA Digest and the RA Highlights section of the now-defunct The North Star ultimately failed due to lack of interest and lack of interesting content to cover. How would your attempt this time be different?

Also, what are you envisioning with an "open house of the RA to talk about the opportunities a citizen has"? We currently have lots of resources explaining what opportunities newcomers have, and we also have mentor programs, so I'm hoping you can explain how this will be different to anything we already have.

The Boston Amendment I feel needs to be looked at more in depth. As I read over the amendment, I have several concerns. Those are like;
1. Could this potentially cost TNP keeping it’s up and coming leaders?
2. Will Delegates use it after Boston’s tenure?
3. Is this truly a save amendment to have especially in todays world?
I have some questions about your questions, if I may. What scenarios are you thinking about when you say this could "potentially cost TNP keeping it’s up and coming leaders", and why are you concerned whether this is "truly a [safe] amendment to have especially in [today's] world"?

The last time committees were tried, they failed due to lack of interest from both committee members and the general public. Can you give us some specific details on how committees or project assignments could work under your Speakership? Who would be appointed? What issues would they look at? What would be the end goal of the committee?
I appreciate the questions from both @Gorundu , and @Pallaith. I’ll try to get all those answered today at work. Committees failed because there was no clear legislative agenda set for one. Two we don’t need to have committees like the US Legislative process has. We can create committees as needed to help combine efforts. But my proposed idea is like this;

1. An interested citizen or someone has a bill idea.
2. I’ll listen to their idea. If it’s got serious merit to it, I’ll appoint one of my Deputy Speakers, or a RA Mentor who can help with wording, and the process of getting it started. (RA mentor I’ll mention later of the purpose. This was the first question I wanted to answer.)
3. Then if there’s other interested citizens I’ll give them a sub forum to work on it, or they can use discord, or google docs for examples.
4. Give them time to work on it. Timeline isn’t going to be mentioned here because some bill proposals will take longer than others.
5. Once they feel they get a product that is ready to be proposed, then the everything else remains the same as far as our standing procedures.

People have a lot of ideas. Problems are yhey either don’t know how to make it a reality, or they just don’t have the leadership who is willing to work with them. Committees don’t need to exist 24/7. They are incredible when you get a group who want to make something a reality. As Speaker I’ll do my best to make sure this happens.

Last edited:
You're certainly not the first Speaker candidate to propose monthly updates or dispatches. Past efforts at a RA-focused publication like the RA Digest and the RA Highlights section of the now-defunct The North Star ultimately failed due to lack of interest and lack of interesting content to cover. How would your attempt this time be different?
And this is such a sad precedent, and expectations that nations have. For being the biggest region in NS, there’s stories out there no one is covering. But I’ll focus on my idea. The Speakers office would use this idea to mention possible bills being worked on, break down how to write a bill, and make it a law, discuss what went right, or wrong that month, highlight a staff member who did something awesome for the office, and run campaign ads to get people interested. Forgive my aggressive tone. The North Star had great potential from RP stories, FA updates, and so much more. If someone has the expectations that things will fail, they just happen to fail. Negative thoughts ends with Negativity. The Speakers office doesn’t need that, and I hope to be the one to change that if elected.

Why should I vote for you when there's people waiting to be masked as citizens two days after passing all three checks?

Also, what are you envisioning with an "open house of the RA to talk about the opportunities a citizen has"? We currently have lots of resources explaining what opportunities newcomers have, and we also have mentor programs, so I'm hoping you can explain how this will be different to anything we already have.
Sure thing! An open house will for one need to be held because I plan on making several changes to the way we do things if given the opportunity to be elected as Speaker. But I want to get out there, and show citizens that the place where they conduct business is supporting them in any aspect. This is the first hand experience, and tour by the Speaker how we will function. I’m a very communicative person so if I make changes, I know I’ll need to educate the public on what I’m doing, and why. Then I will have a suggestion/question sub forum for myself, and staff can work with on improving our system. It will not be perfect right away. I’ll certainly accept good criticism, and then you list why you feel that will or won’t work. Being speaker is a rewarding role I feel. Citizens got to know what’s going on to be able to participate.

Why should I vote for you when there's people waiting to be masked as citizens two days after passing all three checks?
Those personnel were processed. The Speakers office is improving as we are caught up. I feel you and I share a lot in common. I want to try to improve, and bring our Speakers office have a strong term. Just As you mentioned when you were running for the Delegacy. I’m humble and enthusiastic about being here. I’m trying hard to campaign, and be open about my ideas. And I want to give voters a vision maybe they can relate to. That’s why I’m running Mr. Delegate. I love constructive criticism, and how I can do better for sure! So I’ll thank you personally for pointing this out! We fixed it, and now the region is better for it. Teamwork is a big thing!

I also appreciate you tacitly acknowledging Gorundu’s points by amending your platform, but I’m a bit put off by that response. If you have a vision, lay it out, stand by it, and change it as needed. I’m not sure throwing out 100% of it was warranted, especially if you’re still planning on doing it if you win and just threw it out to better your odds in the election. So I would like to hear more about how you would improve communication and encourage participation in our RA. Legislative activity doesn’t exactly thrill most people, especially if you’re targeting a group that already chooses not to participate in our offsite properties to begin with.

I’m also interested in your perspective as a deputy speaker, your honest appraisal of the term with its highs and lows. I’m especially interested in hearing about the calls you felt you would have made differently, or how the big moments of the term would have been different if you had been running the office. Where has the machinery of the Speaker’s office failed, and how would you have fixed it?

I’m glad you decided to go for this, and I appreciate your enthusiasm. Good luck.
Good luck as well.

There are not a lot of deputy speakers right now.
1. Do you know why?
2. Do you think this is a problem?
3. Do you think that more deputies would make the speaker’s office work better?
4. What are your plans for Speaker’s office staff?

Back