Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
ga.jpg

Repeal: "World Assembly Headquarters"
Category: Repeal | GA #8
Proposed by: Kavagrad | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

General Assembly Resolution #8 “World Assembly Headquarters” (Category: Political Stability; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The General Assembly,

Noting that GA#8 was passed by a slim margin many years ago,

Observing that many important global events have befallen the international community since that time,

Aware that many of the staff working inside the World Assembly Headquarters would be better off working from home in this day and age,

Cognizant of the carbon emissions resulting from the semi-regular travel of thousands of delegations to and from a single international headquarters,

Suggesting that decreasing the degree of travel necessary for WA diplomats to do their jobs may well aid in the fight against climate change,

Asserting that there are many other uses for the land on which the World Assembly Headquarters currently resides that would provide far more social good, such as, but not limited to:
  • Free social housing
  • Affordable social housing
  • Extortionate social housing
  • A shopping centre
  • Many pubs
  • The world’s largest brothel
  • Decorative rubble
Conceding that there may be some alternative uses that might provide a net negative to the international community, such as an office for a law firm,

Ignoring this on the grounds that lawyers will likely be dealt with when the revolution comes,

Hereby Repeals GA#8 “World Assembly Headquarters”.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent
"Repeal: 'World Assembly Headquarters'" has failed 5,118 votes (33.3%) to 10,242 (66.7%).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
This repeal targets GAR#8 “World Assembly Headquarters” with the belief that it would be more effective for WA diplomats to work from home, and that the land occupied by the WA HQ would be better suited for other purposes, such as "the world's largest brothel" and "decorative rubble."

Recommendation
This repeal is a joke one. If taken seriously, it still has flaws, like the fact that many diplomats may not be able to work from home as effectively due to lack of necessary resources, effectively eliminating poorer nations from World Assembly debates. The author has also failed to produce a replacement draft to alleviate these concerns and also make a remote Assembly a reality. If this were to pass, the gaping hole left could bring terrible consequences. It even fails its goal of removing the Headquarters for better land use, and simply removes the control from the World Assembly itself.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the General Assembly Resolution at vote, "Repeal: World Assembly Headquarters".

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch--Please Upvote!

Last edited:
This proposal has received the requisite approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will proceed to a vote at Tuesday's Minor Update.

Against. The whole idea of (to quote the original resolution) of having "international envoys of "drunks, stoners, weirdos, military fruitcakes, sex addicts, rejects"" all in a corner of Manhattan where every one of the above desires is available nearby makes sense to me.....

Last edited:
Oh, I agree. But judging from people's conduct in the thread (including the author) I wondered whether it was a joke.
Based on discussions from TCB (where I am ambassador to, and I believe this generally originate) it’s more of a piss-take against the GA - some of the other discussion revolved around what would annoy them most (I’m not sure this is from that, or just adjacent however ).

Based on discussions from TCB (where I am ambassador to, and I believe this generally originate) it’s more of a piss-take against the GA - some of the other discussion revolved around what would annoy them most (I’m not sure this is from that, or just adjacent however ).
I see - even better, then :eyeroll:

For.

This is fine.
No, no it really isn't. And I would encourage the parties involved to actually take this seriously. You can oppose the GA and its work without trying to ruin the fun of others.

My vote stands, and I would like for it to be counted please.
My apologies. If your WA is in TNP, and I recognize that flag from a certain other prominent player whose WA is certainly not in TNP, then I’ll count it. Give me a few minutes to sort that out.

Edit: Fixed. I thought you were a player by the name of Josh since your PFP and flag are the one he typically uses. I know Josh’s WA is currently piling in a region so I thought I didn’t need to/shouldn’t count your vote.

Last edited:
"Repeal: 'World Assembly Headquarters'" has failed 5,118 votes (33.3%) to 10,242 (66.7%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back