Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
sc.jpg

On Interregional Recruitment
Category: Declaration
Proposed by: Khevo | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Aware of the recruitment, whether by telegram, regional message board, or other means, that occurs between regions,

Recognizing that such recruitment may lead to a decrease in the size of a target region,

However noting the position of Feeders and Sinkers as inherent locations for national foundation and the resultant consistent inflow of nations, a benefit not afforded to regions that are neither a Feeder nor a Sinker,

Concerned that recruitment between regions that are neither a Feeder nor a Sinker will harm the long-term growth of such regions,

Hereby discourages regional government-supported recruitment of nations from regions that are neither a Feeder nor a Sinker, except in the case of war between the recruiting and target region or a target region that has marked itself as recruiter friendly.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD]Against[/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0[/TD][TD]15[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

”Convention on Interregional Recruitment” has been defeated 2,579 votes (19.7%) to 10,101 votes (80.3%).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
This proposal seeks to declare limits on recruitment between non-feeders (the Pacifics) and sinkers (Lazarus, Osiris, Balder, and the Rejected Realms). To do so, it urges nations in non-feeders and non-sinkers to limit the amount of recruitment being done between those regions unless the two regions are in a state of war, similar in scope to the Europeian Arnhelm Declaration of Recruitment Standards.

Recommendation
We are unimpressed with this declaration for several reasons. First, the non-binding nature of this resolution would have a negligible impact on the way this game is played—and indeed, while these limits are unreasonable, they are unenforceable. Second, we have serious doubts as to whether there is a significant amount of two-way recruitment traffic between non-feeders and non-sinkers, thus making this resolution’s concern about the practice of said regions recruiting from one another potentially a moot point.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council Resolution at vote, “On Interregional Recruitment”.

Last edited:
This is my proposal so I do admittedly have some bias, but I’m curious to understand why there’s such strong opposition to this.

This is my proposal so I do admittedly have some bias, but I’m curious to understand why there’s such strong opposition to this.

We recruit from regions that attempt to target our WA members, you are saying that we are bad for doing so.

We target nations that enter facisit regions with the Civil Defense Siren and point them to regions that are better and safer for them, you are saying that we shouldnt do that. Not explcitily but thats what i get when you say we cant recruit from other regions because we are a feeder, but other regions can target us freely. It compromises TNP in mutiple ways.

This proposal has achieved the necessary approvals to enter the formal queue. Supposing it is not withdrawn or marked illegal, and assuming the proposal ahead of it does not make queue, it will proceed to a vote at Major Update on Tuesday, July 20. If aforementioned other proposal does make the queue, it will proceed to a vote at Major Update on Saturday, July 25.

”Convention on Interregional Recruitment” has been defeated 2,579 votes (19.7%) to 10,101 votes (80.3%).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back