Pronouns
He/him
TNP Nation
Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant
spk_seal.png

State of the Regional Assembly: 11 May 2021

Wait a minute… You’re not our Speaker anymore! That’s right: I’m not, but at the same time I am too. But that’s okay because @East Isles said that I could still give this report anyway (He didn’t really, but he hasn’t taken his oath of office yet so it’s a free game :P )

During my office’s April 2021 Performance Review poll, some of you said that I should be more concise and stop using so many words to tell you so little. Well, today you’re getting your wish because I won’t be too long in my spiel here and will eagerly welcome my successor in office to a job that, although often thankless, has been very rewarding for me.

Statistics on Citizenship

While not having the same hustle and bustle that January - March did in terms of non-legislative motions being discussed and voted upon by the Regional Assembly, the past two months have been eventful nonetheless with our continued persistence when processing checks on citizenship, residency, and on performing the Speaker's check for applicants seeking citizenship.

By now, it's likely that many of you know the drill so I'll spare you the details. But basically, here's a summary of data from this term on a few notable metrics:

Screenshot (34).png

Since we began tracking things back in January, we've grown by over +75 WA nations and have processed over 200 applications. We've welcomed 142 new citizens, some of whom are still with us to this day, and we have recorded when and how nations have been lost.

For more information, please see the Citizen/Resident registry spreadsheet's "Citizens Stats" tab. All and all, we're glad to have done this and love how it promotes transparency in what all we do on the day-to-day.

Discussion Threads

Since the last State of the Regional Assembly report back in March, seven (7) discussion/debate threads have been started by members of the Regional Assembly. In descending order from most recent to least recent:

The Eliminating Annoying Red Tape so the Happiness of Workers Overseeing our Region is Maintained (EARTHWORM) Act (Started by Tinhampton on 8 May 2021 | Status: Ongoing)
Deep Fried Flag Act (Started by St George on 14 April 2021 | Status: Dropped)
Resolving Existential Societal Threats Opposing Regional Existence (RESTORE Act) (Started by Peeps on 14 April 2021 | Status: Dropped)
Bill to Raise Number of Judges in the Court from 3 to 4 (Started by CursedSoul on 13 April 2021 | Status: Dropped)
Removal of Indefinitely Active Security Council Nominations Act (Started by Cretox State on 12 April 2021 | Status: Ongoing)
The MOAB Act (Started by Cretox State on 2 April 2021 | Status: Dropped)
Amendment to 7.6 of the Legal Code: The North Pacific Army (Started by St George on 14 March 2021 | Status: Went to Vote on 26 March 2021)

Concluded Votes

In descending order from most recent to least recent:

The following vote was held during the month of late March on an amendment pertinent to Section 7.6 of the Legal Code of The North Pacific:

[CLOSED] Amendment to Section 7.6 of the Legal Code (Motion passed on a vote of 21 Ayes | 10 Nays | 11 Abstentions during a 7 day voting period that ended on 2 April 2021)

The following vote was held during the month of mid-March on a treaty pertinent to Article 3 Clause 3 of the Constitution of the North Pacific:

3. The Delegate may negotiate treaties with foreign powers. No treaty will come into effect unless approved by a two-thirds majority vote of the Regional Assembly.

[CLOSED] The Inter-Regional Chat (Motion passed on a vote of 37 Ayes | 6 Nays | 4 Abstentions during a 7 day voting period that ended on 22 March 2021)

The following votes were held during the month of mid-March on appointments pertinent to Chapter 4, Section 4.3 Clause 11 of the Legal Code of the North Pacific:

11. The Election Commission consists of at least five, but no more than nine citizens appointed by the Delegate and confirmed by a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.

[CLOSED] Confirmation of lol2639 as Election Commissioner (Motion passed on a vote of 18 Ayes | 3 Nays | 8 Abstentions during a 5 day voting period that ended on 18 March 2021)
[CLOSED] Confirmation of Cretox State as Election Commissioner (Motion passed on a vote of 23 Ayes | 3 Nays | 2 Abstentions during a 5 day voting period that ended on 18 March 2021)

A Farewell

In short, I've enjoyed serving you as Speaker for the past four months. I congratulate our newly-elected Speaker, my successor in office, on a well-run campaign and on a well-deserved election victory.

He will be inheriting an office that is hard working. One that is engaged, proactive, responsive, and runs like a well-oiled machine. I'd like to thank each of my Deputy Speakers who have served alongside me this term for their dedication and commitment to excellence. I will fondly remember this experience and carry it with me as I ascend to the Delegacy.

Yours,

Robespierre (Francois Isidore)
Outgoing Speaker of the Regional Assembly

East Isles (East Isles)
Incoming Speaker of the Regional Assembly

Dreadton (Dreadton)
Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly

Peeps (TNPeeps)

Kastonvia (Kastonvia)

The citizenship stats are interesting. We're seeing more nations gain citizenship will also seeing a (perceived) decrease in active executive staffers. I think it might be interesting to track the number of executive staffers as well (if that's not already done) to see if there really is a negative correlation there. If so, that suggests that improvements need to be made in HA.

... I wonder if there's a TNL article in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back