-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Section 7.6 of the Legal Code will be amended to read as follows:

31. The executive officer charged with military affairs will endeavour to maintain an active and well trained military, capable of executing both offensive and defensive operations.
32. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will act with respect towards the natives of the region.
33. When deployed in a foreign region, members of The North Pacific Army will refrain from excessive use of force including altering the regions chosen embassy list or password protecting the region. Before leaving, The North Pacific Army must provide natives with the means to restore the region to its original state. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies.
34. When deployed in a foreign region, members of The North Pacific Army will refrain from causing permanent harm to the region, including forcibly remove natives or refounding the region. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies, subject to the approval of the Regional Assembly by a majority vote or pursuant to a declaration of war.
35. Any member of the North Pacific Army may refuse to take part in any mission which does not directly impact regional security for any reason that is deemed appropriate by the Delegate or the executive officer charged with military affairs.
36. The Regional Assembly must be promptly informed of all military operations upon deployment, with the exception of operations which the Delegate specifically classifies. The Regional Assembly must be promptly informed of any classified operation, as well as the reasons for the classification, as soon as possible following deployment.
37. The North Pacific Army must promptly withdraw from any operation that the Regional Assembly cancels by majority vote. Where an operation is cancelled, the North Pacific Army must take reasonable steps to restore or to provide natives with the means to restore any region subject to the operation.
38. Nations wishing to join the North Pacific Army must swear the following oath before being enlisted. All military rules that they are pledging to obey must be publicly visible.
By my honour and by my conscience, I will endeavour to be a trustworthy and faithful soldier of the North Pacific Army. In peace and in war, I will support and defend The North Pacific and its legal system of government. If I perceive or gain knowledge of activity to overthrow the legal government of the region, I will report it to the Security Council without delay. I promise to act properly and uprightly, to obey the lawful orders of the Delegate and my superiors, to comply with the law and all military rules, and to keep the military secrets trusted in me. Should I be given a position of military leadership, I will endeavour to set a good and encouraging example to my subordinates. When deployed, I will be mindful that my actions reflect on my region, and endeavour to represent The North Pacific with honour and dignity. I swear all this freely and without reservation.
These changes are being made to address the outcome of this request for review made during the previous term. The current wording is clunky and I would welcome suggestions.
Section 7.6 of the Legal Code will be amended to read as follows:

31. The executive officer charged with military affairs will endeavour to maintain an active and well trained military, capable of executing both offensive and defensive operations.
32. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will act with respect towards the natives of the region.
33. When deployed in a foreign region, members of The North Pacific Army will refrain from excessive use of force including altering the regions chosen embassy list or password protecting the region. Before leaving, The North Pacific Army must provide natives with the means to restore the region to its original state. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies.
34. When deployed in a foreign region, members of The North Pacific Army will refrain from causing permanent harm to the region, including forcibly remove natives or refounding the region. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies, subject to the approval of the Regional Assembly by a majority vote or pursuant to a declaration of war.

36. Any member of the North Pacific Army may refuse to take part in any mission which does not directly impact regional security for any reason that is deemed appropriate by the Delegate or the executive officer charged with military affairs.
37. The Regional Assembly must be promptly informed of all military operations upon deployment, with the exception of operations which the Delegate specifically classifies. The Regional Assembly must be promptly informed of any classified operation, as well as the reasons for the classification, as soon as possible following deployment.
38. The North Pacific Army must promptly withdraw from any operation that the Regional Assembly cancels by majority vote. Where an operation is cancelled, the North Pacific Army must take reasonable steps to restore or to provide natives with the means to restore any region subject to the operation.
39. Nations wishing to join the North Pacific Army must swear the following oath before being enlisted. All military rules that they are pledging to obey must be publicly visible.

By my honour and by my conscience, I will endeavour to be a trustworthy and faithful soldier of the North Pacific Army. In peace and in war, I will support and defend The North Pacific and its legal system of government. If I perceive or gain knowledge of activity to overthrow the legal government of the region, I will report it to the Security Council without delay. I promise to act properly and uprightly, to obey the lawful orders of the Delegate and my superiors, to comply with the law and all military rules, and to keep the military secrets trusted in me. Should I be given a position of military leadership, I will endeavour to set a good and encouraging example to my subordinates. When deployed, I will be mindful that my actions reflect on my region, and endeavour to represent The North Pacific with honour and dignity. I swear all this freely and without reservation.

32. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will act with respect towards the natives of the region, and refrain from excessive use of force including altering the regions chosen embassy list or password protecting the region. Before leaving, The North Pacific Army must provide natives with the means to restore the region to its original state. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies.

33. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will refrain from causing permanent harm to the region, including forcibly remove natives or refounding the region. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies, subject to the approval of the Regional Assembly by a majority vote or pursuant to a declaration of war.

34. Any member of the North Pacific Army may refuse to take part in any mission which does not directly impact regional security for any reason that is deemed appropriate by the Delegate or the executive officer charged with military affairs.

35. The Regional Assembly must be promptly informed of all military operations upon deployment, with the exception of operations which the Delegate specifically classifies. The Regional Assembly must be promptly informed of any classified operation, as well as the reasons for the classification, as soon as possible following deployment.

36. The North Pacific Army must promptly withdraw from any operation that the Regional Assembly cancels by majority vote. Where an operation is cancelled, the North Pacific Army must take reasonable steps to restore or to provide natives with the means to restore any region subject to the operation.

37. Nations wishing to join the North Pacific Army must swear the following oath before being enlisted. All military rules that they are pledging to obey must be publicly visible.

Last edited:
I hate to be Minister of Pedantry, but can it be changed so there isn't an empty line between all the clauses in line with the rest of the Legal Code?

I hate to be Minister of Pedantry, but can it be changed so there isn't an empty line between all the clauses in line with the rest of the Legal Code?
Best I can do is add an empty line between all the clauses.

To clarify, is this intended to apply generally when the NPA has a leadership role as defined, or only to NPA officers in those roles?
(I ask mainly in terms of emgassy stuff and such, I presume the NPA would continue to not attend destructive ops even if it is the latter).

To clarify, is this intended to apply generally when the NPA has a leadership role as defined, or only to NPA officers in those roles?
(I ask mainly in terms of emgassy stuff and such, I presume the NPA would continue to not attend destructive ops even if it is the latter).
Can you expand on the distinction you're making there?

Can you expand on the distinction you're making there?
That’s mainly what I’m asking - I can’t tell if this only applies to NPA members who meet the criteria, or if it applies to the raid in general if one does. In practical terms, if raid patterns were to wish embassy closures, would the change you’ve proposed here mean that no NPA member who are ROs couldn’t do such, or that no other RO should?

I likely support this regardless, I just can’t tell from the wording your intention.

That’s mainly what I’m asking - I can’t tell if this only applies to NPA members who meet the criteria, or if it applies to the raid in general if one does. In practical terms, if raid patterns were to wish embassy closures, would the change you’ve proposed here mean that no NPA member who are ROs couldn’t do such, or that no other RO should?

I likely support this regardless, I just can’t tell from the wording your intention.
I think I'm leaning towards it meaning no NPA member could be an RO if such changes were being made, but I'd welcome an arguement any other way, as well as suggestions for better wording.

I think the wording is sufficient in that case then (I just wasn’t sure your intentions). If you want to avoid the ability to run around the restrictions on native removal and region destruction, you may want to leave 34 as is - right now your change allows for the NPA to scoot around those restrictions so long as no one is an RO.

Last edited:
I move for a vote.
The motion to vote has been recognized by the Speaker’s Office. This legislative proposal is now in Formal Debate and will remain in the Formal Debate period for the next five days.

During this period @St George may continue to amend the proposal, however, after such time has elapsed, no further amendments may be made. A vote will be scheduled after the current period concludes

Request to shorten formal debate to two days, so that the vote opens on Saturday.

Request to shorten formal debate to two days, so that the vote opens on Saturday.
Your request for a shortened Formal Debate period has been granted. Formal Debate will now last for the next two days and a vote will be scheduled to begin on Saturday

While a well-intentioned amendment to the Legal Code, I cannot support this bill, as written it would negatively impact the NPA. It incentivizes other militaries to only conduct offensive joint operations when the NPA is not operating in a leadership capacity. I cannot support a bill which will hurt our foreign affairs and our military.

While a well-intentioned amendment to the Legal Code, I cannot support this bill, as written it would negatively impact the NPA. It incentivizes other militaries to only conduct offensive joint operations when the NPA is not operating in a leadership capacity. I cannot support a bill which will hurt our foreign affairs and our military.
This is an incredibly odd comment to make considering as of right now, the NPA barely does offensive joint operations at all due to the request for review saying that our partners would have to conduct themselves by our laws. That is what hurts our foreign affairs and our military, not this bill.

Last edited:
This is an incredibly odd comment to make considering as of right now, the NPA barely does offensive joint operations at all due to the request for review saying that our partners would have to conduct themselves by our laws. That is what hurts our foreign affairs and our military, not this bill.
Do you have a source for this? I don't believe you're a part of internal deliberations in the NPA or those between the NPA and other militaries so I am rather confused as to why you are stating that a lack of offensive joint operations are due to a R4R. Furthermore, you have not addressed the issue that the NPA would be incentivized to not be given a leadership position.

Do you have a source for this? I don't believe you're a part of internal deliberations in the NPA or those between the NPA and other militaries so I am rather confused as to why you are stating that a lack of offensive joint operations are due to a R4R.
Yes hello I am a government minister with access to government discord channels where government issues are discussed.
Furthermore, you have not addressed the issue that the NPA would be incentivized to not be given a leadership position.
I don't believe this would be a greater incentive than exists currently for the NPA to not do or be involved in offensive operations, but if it's such a huge issue, I welcome additional suggestions for wording.

The draft has been updated with some new wording.

(there was another bit here but i took it out, sorry for the discord ping robes, the removed bit was what i pinged you for).

Last edited:
Back