Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
ga.jpg

Repeal: "Prevention of Forced Sterilisation"
Category: Repeal | GA #486
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic
Replacement

General Assembly Resolution #486 “Prevention Of Forced Sterilisation” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Recognising that Article 2 of GA#486 forbids "the sterilisation of any individual without their informed consent given free from external material incentives, subject to [standing WA] legislation,"

Concerned that governments which may have a legitimate interest in sterilising rapists (for instance) cannot do so under Article 2,

Absolutely outraged that Article 3b of GA#486 merely orders members to "reasonably punish" perpetuators of sterilisations that were "illegal at the time of [their] occurrence under World Assembly law" without defining what a reasonable punishment is,

Horrified at the multiple spelling errors, including references to "non-legally competent peope," scattered throughout the resolution, and

Noting that a superior proposal to outlaw forced sterilisation is currently being drafted, and will be brought to the attention of delegates after the passage of this repeal...

The General Assembly hereby repeals GA#486 "Prevention Of Forced Sterilisation."
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD]Against[/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]2[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

Last edited:
Against.

The main argument in the Concerned clause hinges on already standing support for the sterilisation of rapists, and does not provide further argument for repeal. I don't find it convincing. The supplementary arguments are also similarly unconvincing.

Horrified at the multiple spelling errors, including references to "non-legally competent peope," scattered throughout the resolution

Noting that a superior proposal to outlaw forced sterilisation is currently being drafted, and will be brought to the attention of delegates after the passage of this repeal...
I think this repeal is unconvincing...
And a tad hypocritical...
Against...

Against:
The resolution lacks enough substance as well as contains sentences that derail from the overall topic at hand. This leading to a week counter argument that fails to persuade me in the slightest that such a repeal is even necessary.

Last edited:
This a resolution written by the evil WA repeal team and to me, it seem their only goal is to repeal every single WA resolution. Plus we can't ever approve force sterilization,

we vote AGAINST

For. I support forced sterilization of some prisoners (please note I also support the death penalty, and I am not here to run a Twitter war so will not comment further).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back