End-of-term Statement - 1/11/2021

DGES

Mostly Harmless
-
moca_seal.png

Ministry of Cards Office - End-of-term Statement 1/11/2021

Since the midterm statement I made several months back, the Ministry of Cards (MoCa) made sure to implement even more of the key things it highlighted within both agendas. Through continued support from everyone within the community, we at MoCa were more than ecstatic to realize that - despite our fledgling existence as a ministry - we quickly made steps to embed Cards as its own segment within The North Pacific.

As for the exact progress regarding each agenda item, here's what we have laid out to everyone below:

Several items within the overall agenda were already completed at the time of the midterm statement's publishing, so those items are not mentioned within this statement. You can view the midterm one here.

1. See to the full introduction of Cards Integration for all regional ministries - This program was something which Delegate @TlomzKrano wished for us to complete (along with being something the Guild had been working on for potentially a year), and the program has now been completed. Coding the program's spreadsheet took a while to do, but with the help of @r3naissanc3r this eventually was no longer an issue.

The description of the Cards Integration program can be viewed in full here, and at this point it is mostly a matter of promoting it in order to fully cement this program's prevalence within the TNP community.

(Wow, this was the only thing we needed to complete here apparently :blink:)
1. See that regular staff members increasingly contribute towards our already-introduced programs - As Cards Integration has been recently introduced, we should expect for our programs to see some degree of increased contribution by regular members.

Of course, this item has not been fully resolved though. Other things, such as improving the Ministry's communication with regular staffers, can go a long way in aiding in contributions. Now that Cards Integration has been introduced, I personally believe it is time we give regular staffers a much larger amount of tending to than we did this term.

2. Reform our already-introduced programs to encourage more participation - Like Item 1 in the Guild agenda, Cards Integration will help encourage participation. We specifically plan on doing so by rewarding points (which cumulatively lead to card-based rewards) to those who participate in our programs.

With this step of reformation complete, the Guild will attempt to find other ways to provide other ways to increase users involving themselves in our programs. Revised advertising efforts and special incentives can both help, along with the prospect of promotional events that feature our current programs.

3. Encourage a retaining of Guild membership status - Like in the midterm statement, pings have continued to be made to inform those who lost Guild membership status. Going forward, I have personally convinced myself that sending telegrams (automated or manual) to those nations will also be of benefit (as not every NSer likely views their TNP account on a regular basis) - next term, this will be something that I will attempt to implement.

Additionally, the scaled cards rewards system I previously hinted might not be implemented in the Cards Integration program. Instead, it will see use in a completely different program that we will introduce next term - this upcoming project will be highlighted in our next opening statement and will possess just as many benefits (potentially more, in fact) as the Cards Integration program we introduced this term. Please stay in tune!

4. See to the introduction of a minigame that will focus on knowledge of cards trading - Unfortunately this was not released this term, for real-life issues jumped into the schedule for all of us (particularly during December). As of this moment, it's on the cusp of release pending coding implementations by one of our deputies.

5. Work with the Ministry of Radio to create video-based cards guides - After asking for progress regarding this, it unfortunately seems that it never came to fruition. As a result, it is likely in everyone's best interest that staffers within MoCa will solely work on this item going forward - we completely understand that Radio's team had their own tasks to focus on.

In addition to these, several interesting events outside of the agenda came up, most notably the: 1) publishing of the first-ever cards-based issue of The Northern Lights by @BMWSurfer, along with the 2) celebration of the Guild's first-ever anniversary. The former received the most amount of reads + upvotes out of all the TNL issues this term (despite being the latest TNL issue to be released), while the latter marked a milestone where the Guild managed to hold on as a well-known organization within TNP for at least 1 year.

I would have never expected for the Ministry of Cards to have accomplished the majority of what it wished to accomplish during this term. Please note that it is only MoCa's inaugural term, and your minister happens to be someone who many of you probably didn't even know was part of TNP until just a few months ago. It is only due to the support of everyone here that any of this could be completed, whether it be @TlomzKrano for being the one to officially declare Cards to be its own ministry, @Nimarya for facilitating additional recruitment methods to be introduced for the Cards Guild, @Cretox State for continuing to provide their own advice whenever cards needed input regarding program implementation, staffers such as @Arichia or @Dragonstar5674 for being active and contributing to the Guild's activities whenever possible....

Or, of course, my fellow deputies @r3naissanc3r, @Praetor, @9003, @Rom, and @Noah's Second Country for being out for me throughout this entire term. I've almost made multiple decisions that could've degraded the reputation of the Ministry + the Guild subservient to it (as I'm not nearly as knowledgeable in the community as y'all are), but I've always had your advice and aid whenever I needed it the most. Heck, I'm a literal college student at the moment so me managing all of the Guild's tasks alone would've been impossible.

Conversely, I've also come to realize that not everything we planned this term was achieved (and some, while completed, could still be improved on). It's not the fact that Cards is a new ministry as to why this occurred - it's because everyone working for the Ministry of Cards are simply normal human beings. Everyone (including my deputies) has their own set of issues to deal with, and while I did fully recognize this aspect, I also failed to delegate many tasks that normally constitute the Cards Guild to my regular staffers. They deserve better, as there is no point in possessing your own cards staff if you don't give them enough trust.

All in all, concluding everything I've said above, I believe that the Ministry of Cards has performed on a level in which people could respect (and for some, potentially admire). However, we could still improve, and if anything is to be particularly criticized regarding the Ministry's performance during this term, do not go after anyone else as to why this is so, go after me.

DGES, Minister of Cards of The North Pacific

Last edited:
Back