McMasterdonia for Delegate

As a note, the AugustinAndroid bot was recently verified for discord and it no longer has the capability to spy on logs :P
Bot verification on Discord means absolutely nothing at all, nor is it in any way connected with a bot's ability to pull data from servers it's on. I'm unsure where you are getting this information from, but I'd highly suggest that TNP's administration team thoroughly research such uncited claims before taking them at face value.

Bot verification on Discord means absolutely nothing at all, nor is it in any way connected with a bot's ability to pull data from servers it's on. I'm unsure where you are getting this information from, but I'd highly suggest that TNP's administration team thoroughly research such uncited claims before taking them at face value.
Perhaps I should clarify. August stated in the discord server that, after verifying the bot, it did not spy on servers anymore.

What is your greatest weakness and how do you intend to address this weakness if elected?

Question for all Delegates:
1) Recently, there has been much discussion on the "role" of the Security Council (SC), especially with regards to who are deserving candidates on the SC, as seen by the debates surrounding the recent applications. Apart from its role with regards to the security of the region as stated in the Constitution and our laws, do you think the Security Council has other roles in the running of the region as a whole? And do you think that the Security Council is doing that role as you describe of?
2) After looking at your competitor's platform, what do you think is your edge over theirs?
3) What is the role of TNP, and to some extent the NPA, in the current gameplay landscape?
4) What are your views with regards to the breaking of the embassy between TNP and XKI?

Specific question for the candidate:
Having been here so many times, and producing stellar performances over and over again, how are you going to ensure that, if elected, you would be able to improve on your past performances and produce an even better performance? On this note, to educate the newer citizens of TNP, maybe you can share about your achievements during your past delegate terms, about what you new trends you have established, how you have contributed to the region and gameplay as a whole, etc.

You are challenging one of the top 3 TNP Delegates of 2020. Scared much?

The only thing I am scared of is to be lonely. I am excited to be challenging one of the top 3 delegates of 2020.
What is your greatest weakness and how do you intend to address this weakness if elected?
I think I am a severe self critic and often believe what I am doing is not enough. So I have a tendency to overwork and to seek a perfectionist outcome. In order to overcome this, I have learned the importance of choosing a team that I can rely upon to provide me with honest feedback and stellar support. I like to surround myself with people who can argue it out with me and find workable solutions. Then I know I can count on them to help me achieve my goals, whatever they might be.

Note: regarding the bot, I will make sure it’s looked at. But as I said in response to Artemis’ question earlier, my initial view is to simply have the bot exist in a server on its own - purely for use for punching out our news to the greater world.

Question for all Delegates:
1) Recently, there has been much discussion on the "role" of the Security Council (SC), especially with regards to who are deserving candidates on the SC, as seen by the debates surrounding the recent applications. Apart from its role with regards to the security of the region as stated in the Constitution and our laws, do you think the Security Council has other roles in the running of the region as a whole? And do you think that the Security Council is doing that role as you describe of?
2) After looking at your competitor's platform, what do you think is your edge over theirs?
3) What is the role of TNP, and to some extent the NPA, in the current gameplay landscape?
4) What are your views with regards to the breaking of the embassy between TNP and XKI?

Having been here so many times, and producing stellar performances over and over again, how are you going to ensure that, if elected, you would be able to improve on your past performances and produce an even better performance? On this note, to educate the newer citizens of TNP, maybe you can share about your achievements during your past delegate terms, about what you new trends you have established, how you have contributed to the region and gameplay as a whole, etc.

1 - I think the Security Council also plays an important public relations role, or rather that it should. Particularly with respect to in-game engagement. Monitoring security of the region is all well and good, but the region itself needs to know and understand the Security Council and its members in order to follow its directions in a crisis. In the event of a serious threat to the region, which most likely would come from an elected delegate, the Security Council would need to take on that public leadership role of fighting the coup, mobilising allies, and resisting the regime. This requires a lot of tools and infrastructure, which we already have, but also public trust and name recognition. I think certain members of the Security Council would be able to do this on their own, but not all of them. I think the battle to maintain that trust and name recognition is a constant one.

2 - I think that my campaign platform is more comprehensive and detailed. Secondly, I feel that my vision for The North Pacific and my leadership of the region is one that will be more consistent and outcome focused. I think the details and significance of my policy ideas as well as my ability to implement them on time are my edge in this election.

3 - The North Pacific is unquestionably the world leader in so many categories - WA endorsements, WA voting, cards, the military, and we have a formidable diplomatic reach with a huge network of contacts and treaties. As a result, we sometimes are the victim of our own success, with other regions not particularly viewing that success positively and feeling threatened by it. The North Pacific Army, which you have singled out as an example, is the most successful and consistently active military from a game created region in modern history. I think as the world leaders in so many categories we have done a great job to help other regions to grow and improve themselves.

I believe in the current gameplay landscape, we need to do a better job at assertively communicating our views on issues we believe in. Secondly, we need to be more proactive at participating in gameplay discussions and building further connections with other regions and people. We should continue to make our NPA as strong and as active as it can be. When new opportunities arise, whether that be in April Fools Day events, or other mini-games, The North Pacific should do our utmost to participate fully and strongly, which is consistent with our place in the world. This will maintain our presence at the centre of world events and a key voice in strategic decision making NationStates wide.

4 - I think the closing of the Embassy with 10000 Islands is unfortunate, however it is a path we have walked before. We have walked back to a reopened embassy before too and I would not be surprised if this does occur again. In this particular case, I was disappointed that 10ki closed the embassy in such a way without attempting to resolve the issues before hand. Usually under the previous 10ki delegates I have worked with, there is at least a fairly long discussion on issue that do arise and a mutual attempt to resolve it. In this case, that does not seem to have occurred.

I will return to your final question this evening.

If elected, will you finish the Lennarts which have yet to have all the categories be voted on by the region? :P

If elected, will you finish the Lennarts which have yet to have all the categories be voted on by the region? :P
Yes.
For the sake of record keeping and completion, I will also compile all the winners into a dispatch and promote this as a final send off to the award winners.

Will you be retaining any members of the current cabinet?
I haven’t made a final decision on cabinet. Some have expressed interest in staying on and others have told me that they will not be staying on. I do expect that there will be sweeping changes nonetheless.

Yes.
For the sake of record keeping and completion, I will also compile all the winners into a dispatch and promote this as a final send off to the award winners.
WHOO! Got to get you-know-what to be immortalized forever. ;)

Thank you for your assessment of my stellar performances over and over again :P . I think that terms do vary but I certainly work very hard to keep performance as high as it can be. If I am elected at the very least I would aim to be consistent with previous performance and hope to excel in the deliverables aspect of my term. I think with experience I have learned each time how to tweak my approaches in order to get the best outcomes. I think that will assist me to do even better. In addition, compared to my first term in 2012 (for example) I am very clear now on how important it is to select the best team possible. I believe in having a top tier cabinet as well as top tier leadership from my office is a very strong start to performing at a high level on a consistent basis throughout the entire term.

For my first term and second term, my principle goal was to restore faith in the activity and stability of the Office of Delegate and in our community itself. I worked tirelessly to overcome the past polarising debates of raiding versus defending and to allow our NPA to focus on operations, training and recruitment. We were also more aggressive in our foreign policy outreach establishing relations with a large number of regions, involving ourselves in interregional events, and maintaining a leading voice on the world stage. Finally, I established the Ministry of Culture that was considered controversial as the cabinet now had five ministries which was too many for some. During this time we established many new treaties, strengthened the NPA's position as a global leader, and developed a strong executive government that would stand the test of time. I would characterise this term as taking The North Pacific from being what was an essentially disorganised collection of nations into a fully fledged efficient enterprise of government. Naturally, this would only improve further with time.

For my third and fourth term, it was really a continuation of the above. We focused on growing the number of World Assembly nations and we also changed our voting policy to only count the votes of NPA members and WA nations. This strengthened the participation of WA members in our regional government and minimised foreign influences on our votes. I believe this was the term that I first broke 500 and 600 endorsements. Which really showed how this was a great incentive for members to park their WA nations in TNP and to contribute to our region long term. In addition, our foreign policy outreach extended to new heights where we negotiated agreements with Albion and other regions. We also played a very prominent role in fighting coups in other game created regions, while our regional stability and security only continued to improve. I characterise my third and fourth terms as being stronger than my first and second. Under my leadership, The North Pacific was the world leading democratic region in WA voting, military engagement, and in fighting coups and supporting stability in our allied regions. Secondly, by this point we had been firmly able to leave our ideological disputes and the typical infighting of The North Pacific well behind us. Pragmatic and assertive leadership had become the norm. Towards the tail end of this term, negotiations of WALL were well underway. This was an incredibly exciting thing for our region and has continued to be that way to this day.

My fifth term was ultimately a failure. This was due largely to matters beyond my control. I had taken a decision to study abroad at that time and I found the internet censors of the local government area difficult to overcome. Ultimately I made the decision that it was better to step down early, rather than continue to perpetuate the problem leaving the Vice Delegate to carry the slack.

My sixth and seven terms occurred in late 2019 and early 2020. These were stellar terms in my opinion and many others have expressed to me that they felt it represented a gold standard of executive government for The North Pacific. During this time, I oversaw the reemergence of The North Pacific as an assertive and strong voice on the world stage. We successfully thwarted the attempted destabilisation of our region by CCD. We negotiated a new pact with Lazarus and oversaw a significant number of cultural events that drew us even closer to our allies. We saw renewed participation in WALL and an incredibly active North Pacific Army. The NPA in particular proved incredibly impressive, breaking all previous operational records, leading the liberation of The East Pacific and undertaking a significant number of varied operations. In my opinion, these two terms were excellent and really represented an example of how a high performing and consistent government should be. I would never describe anything as perfect. But, we did get a lot done, we had fun a long the way, and I believe I left the community far stronger at the end of those terms.

From my first term to my last, I have always done my best to offer an ambitious and optimistic vision for our community. I have always worked as tirelessly as I can to be an agent of change. I am always mindful of bringing people together, making our government work for everyone, and allowing people to participate and engage in the work of our region. I hope that if I am elected again, that I will continue to build upon this excellent record and facilitate renewed faith and engagement in our regional government.

McMasterdonia, you have my full support and I hope others join me as well in offering theirs as well. While I do not believe that I have ever voted for you before for Delegate, there are a number of factors which make me offer my unreserved support now:
  1. Transparency: McM will be the most transparent of the candidates. For the longest time, I have wondered what it is that Chief of Staffs actually do—they tend to be not visible and their role unexplained. McM has clearly set out what their responsibilities are. While the incumbent has criticized McM for being unaware of the goings-on of the region (of which I am not convinced that McM is unaware given the plethora of sources provided), I note the lack of reporting on happenings in the Executive. This is detrimental to the region as ultimately, the Executive is responsible to the region and the citizenry needs to be informed of activities. McM has demonstrated consistently providing briefings to the region as necessary—both regularly and in special cases such as the CCD attempted infiltration.
  2. Ability to Identify Problems: McM has demonstrated the best ability to recognize problems of the candidates. McMasterdonia has highlighted a variety of areas in which the existing administration is lacking and action needs to be taken. From the NPA becoming a piling force which tends to not lead operations to a lack of reports from the Executive to the region to our leadership not being as prominent in Foreign Affairs to a lack of activity in Culture are all issues that worry me and should worry the rest of the region. McM has consistently identified problems throughout the Executive (and solutions) which is imperative for improving our region.
  3. Ability to Deliver Results: McM delivers unparalleled results in the Executive. Over the course of McMasterdonia's previous Delegacies, I have observed McM deliver concrete, quantifiable results. Especially those that he outlined previously in his previous campaigns. I am confident that McMasterdonia would be able to assemble a team which will address the deficiencies of the previous administration and lead them to fixing the problems.
Looking forward to voting for you early tomorrow. :D

Back