-
-
-
TNP Nation
Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz
Mr. Speaker @St George,

After an appropriate amount of time has been giving for citizens to put forth their resume, I am appointing @Dinoium as prosecutor for the court case "The North Pacific v. 9003" pending approval from the RA.

The motion that will be put to the Regional Assembly if/when this reaches a vote is as follows:
The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Dinomium as Prosecutor in the case of "The New Pacific v. 9003".
I would welcome posts from either @TlomzKrano or @Dinoium in support of the nomination, and I also open the floor to questions and commentary.

That's a name I thought I wouldn't see again, but it's good to see Dino back doing what he's best at.

@Dinoium has a demonstrated history of working in and around our court system both as a justice and prosecutor. Therefore I find them to be more than qualified to handle this appointment and represent TNP appropriately.

I invite anyone curious to check out their application which contains additional information on their history here.

@Dinoium, do you intend to actually prosecute this case or will you discontinue management under LC 3.3.18 and throw it back to McMasterdonia?

I was going to post an opening address earlier, but I had some brief internet interruptions so I’ll be doing that now.

For those who don’t know me, I’m Dinoium. I was a former Deputy AG under Goyanes, COE, and Vivanco. I’ve been a citizen in this region for about 3 years now, and involved with the legal world of NationStates since June 2018.

As some of you know, after the AGORA Act had passed, I went into a period of inactivity due to the COVID-19 pandemic (both online education was a pain and I had contracted it). However, these past few months have allowed me to make a return (albeit probably not at the same levels of activity of 2018 :P).

I recently noticed that a prosecutor spot for the upcoming case, “The North Pacific V. 9003” has opened up. After expressing my interest, Delegate Tlomz approached me on prosecuting this case.

I intend to serve actively as prosecutor during this time. Apart from the monthly communications ministry task, I will be completely available to be prosecutor without much of an issue. I’m aware of my rocky past, but looking back I believe it was admittedly immature and I don’t intend to repeat those old mistakes by taking up as little responsibilities as possible and to only seek an opportunity if I can commit to it.

I hope that I am the “correct” choice for prosecutor in this case, and I will be answering all questions in a duly matter.
@Dinoium, do you intend to actually prosecute this case or will you discontinue management under LC 3.3.18 and throw it back to McMasterdonia?
I intend to actually prosecute this case. I’m aware of the issues regarding the Ikea Rike and Artemizistan cases. However, I’ve proved before with cases such as Whole India that I could prosecute the entire case. The issue with those were probably the fact that I had contracted the COVID-19 virus then, along with assisting two cases at once.

However, as I’m more freer than before and since I pledge to only manage one prosecutor at a time (if I’m offered to prosecute another during the same time, I’ll take responsibility and turn down such offer), I fully believe that I can actually prosecute this case without much of an issue.

You can refer to my opening statement for any more answers to that question.

I think the resume speaks for itself, and my concerns has been addressed. Though I think that moving for a vote may be too early in case anyone wants to raise more questions. I will give this 10 more hours before supporting any move for a vote.

Seriously, just over an hour and we’re motioning for a vote? For the record, I object to scheduling a vote so soon.

For Dinoium, have you ever successfully prosecuted or defended a case from beginning right through to completion? If so, can you tell us what those cases were and what you learned from them.

This will not be moving to vote with less than a days worth of discussion.

I figured you'd do that. I could just round up 4 more motions including Tlomz, though.
It's not a legislative vote, the process you're thinking of using does not apply. Nice try though.
4. If a number of citizens equal to or exceeding one third of the number of votes required to achieve quorum for any legislative vote, including the citizen that introduced the proposal to the Regional Assembly, motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly, then the Speaker must schedule a vote on that proposal to begin as soon as permitted by law.

I think you're misreading that. "number of votes required to achieve quorum for any legislative vote", which is 18 right now, is a single value to be used in the calculation, "legislative vote" not being a qualifier of what kind of proposal it has to be. The effective action is "motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly", and what we're handling is a proposal.

It's possible, but unlikely. Regardless, we're very much not at that stage of things yet, as no third objection has been filed.

The Office will not schedule a vote at this time - and we encourage posters in this topic to return to the merits of the applicant.

Last edited:
1. Perjury is a newer crime and one that has never been prosecuted before. Do you expect this will influence your prosecution in any manner, and if so how?

2. What are your thoughts on plea bargains and the appropriate use of them?

3. Under the new prosecutorial system, do you intend to prosecute in much the same manner as you would under the Attorney General system, or differently?

I have the same question as McM but I am curious about TNP specifically. You have listed a lot of positions but there is only one where you mention actually being the prosecutor before.

Seeing there hasn't been a post in a few days, I was intending to start a vote, but I'd very much like @Dinoium to answer these questions first. Please indulge the Regional Assembly.

Apologies to not responding earlier—I have been a bit sick recently and I’ve been taking the time to craft my responses to these questions. I don’t like the fact that we attempted to push an vote so early, as I want to answer any questions. I suggest waiting one more day before moving to a vote.

Seriously, just over an hour and we’re motioning for a vote? For the record, I object to scheduling a vote so soon.

For Dinoium, have you ever successfully prosecuted or defended a case from beginning right through to completion? If so, can you tell us what those cases were and what you learned from them
I’d say the Whole India case. I did complete it from beginning to end. I think what I learned is that I shouldn’t get ahead of my self, since when we filed that case, we anticipated to not be a challenge (or at least I did). Of course we were successful with the prosecuting, but I think I might’ve been too full of myself.

I think that was also an issue with the two treason cases back in January(?). It’s no one’s fault but mine. It’s not Viv’s fault, it’s not Mcm’s fault, it’s not the court’s fault, it was mine. And I take full responsibility. It was my mistake for taking up too many tasks. I remember Sil once brought up a good point last year that I shouldn’t badge hunting and do stuff I cannot follow through with. That’s why I chose to take a long break from legal affairs (despite people saying it’s my only true good field in NS.) And even though I did abandon managing the prosecution for those two cases, I still learnt a lesson: Don’t get cocky and don’t take up tasks that you cannot do.

When I applied for this case, I had the full intention to take that advice to heart. In my application, I said I’m currently very minimal with current positions, but if anything that is a good thing. I’ve taken that long break to reflect on my previous immature actions, and pledged that if I ever did prosecute again, I wouldn’t try and double-dip with other jobs. I haven’t ran in any recent elections despite being nominated. And honestly? Even if I win this case, this doesn’t make me a Mall figure or someone super highly.

So what if I win? I consider this a voluntary job that I pledged to do from beginning to end. I have no intentions to run for any offices. And even if I do get the urge, I don’t expect that to even seriously consider running until very much into the future if I can demonstrate consistent activity for the next months. But again, I don’t intend to use my prosecutor job as a platform for a campaign, since I don’t intend to run in the very near future. And I have no intentions of immaturely badge hunt. I will take my time with this case and serve at the best of my capacity. And I guarantee you I will learn a lesson whether successful or not.

I thank you for inquiring about this and bringing concern to this criticism. I understand completely of my weak past but I want to make up for that. If I depart as protection manager, then I had too many chances. It’s the Assembly’s choice to decide whether or not I’m worthy to be prosecutor for this case, but I firmly believe I can do this very task.

1. Perjury is a newer crime and one that has never been prosecuted before. Do you expect this will influence your prosecution in any manner, and if so how?

2. What are your thoughts on plea bargains and the appropriate use of them?

3. Under the new prosecutorial system, do you intend to prosecute in much the same manner as you would under the Attorney General system, or differently?
1. No, and honestly even if I wasn’t the prosecutor-nominee, I think most of the nominees have never prosecuted perjury. I don’t think it will at all, and I intend to take this case very serious as it can set an important precedent for future cases and example for future perjury cadres in this region.

2. I don’t think plea deals are harmful in nature, but I think any plea deals that are conducted between the prosecutor and defense should be done very professionally and carefully. Plea deals can affect the verdict, and in return affect a verdict. We have to remember that when the defense pleads guilty to a lesser charge in accordance to a plea bargain, the prosecution must uphold their end of the agreement and drop a charge (or argue for a lesser punishment). To just put it simply, I’m not against them, but they should be done very carefully. They can have an important impact on an case.

3. Differently, actually. Unlike with the AG office where the entire office would discuss as part of a special investigations team, I have to solely handle this case. The system nowadays is very different than when I used to be a TNP prosecutor, especially with a bar association recently being discussed. Though, I did not apply for this job for no reason. I intend to prosecutor the full way very professionally and successfully without the assistance of my other office mates.

I thank you for this trio of questions. I’m glad more questions are being brought up now.
I have the same question as McM but I am curious about TNP specifically. You have listed a lot of positions but there is only one where you mention actually being the prosecutor before.
My long answer to McM’s question should answer your inquiry. If not, I’m willing to address this question specifically better.

Back