A Great Personality [solo]

BorkWI

Am cat doing cat things. Nothing sus here.
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Waupun_Island
Note from Author: This RP series is really bad and will be re-written eventually. In the meantime, please do not read it as it is no where near my best work. If you want to see something close to my best work, please read The Flowers in April. Thanks!!

Eras RP:

Music for this post: https://youtu.be/vY8UUmIeoPQ

October 26th, 2020
9:16pm.

Xel and Violet sat in two luxurious chairs in Xel’s bedroom. Violet spoke:

“I’m telling you, it’ll be easier to just marry politically. You will get a heir without all the hassle of trying to get he or she legitimatized. That’s going to be a lot of work!”

“But wha-.” Xel replied.

“Don’t do it...”

Xel Smirked. “But what if no.”

“I’m going to slap you.”

Violet stood up and took a step forward towards the King. Xel then stood up and towered over her. They both stared at each other with intent for a few seconds, then they both burst out laughing and sat back down.

Xel took a sip of his luxury wine.
“I am an absolute monarch and the last of the Den family. If the people want a government, they’ll have to accept any heir I make.”

“I mean you have a point, but I... I’m worried about any negative publicity that might come with it. I’m worried about you as a colleague and as a friend. Th-There will be those who will not accept it because it’s “untraditional”, ya know?”

“Yeah yeah... A-And I know that, but the popularity of the monarchy has gone up significantly compared to when my father ruled. It’s still not 100%, but it’s pretty great at about 93% approving of the monarchy and it’s decisions since the Isles War. I’ll be fine!”

“Alrighty alrighty... Anyone you got in mind?”

“Mmmmaybe...”

“Who would that be?” Violet raised her eyebrow.

“Luna.”

“A Schlausenweiger eh? Not exactly royalty, but very prestigious. I can see why you weren’t worried about the people accepting her.”

“Yup! Her brown hair matches her uniform very well. She is really pretty. She also has a great personality!”

Violet jokingly scowled at him. Xel, who was a little tipsy by this point, didn’t register it as a joke first.

“Y-You are pretty too Violet. I uhh... I-I didn’t mean it that way!”

Violet burst out laughing, almost spilling her own drink in the process. Xel looked at her with a perplexed expression on his face.

“Really, you’re already drunk? Man, you’ve already downed most of this goddamn bottle. I guess it is pretty good.”

Xel looked embarrassed as Violet downed whatever was left in her glass. She grabbed the nearly empty wine bottle along with the empty wine glasses and put them on the servers tray that was there.

“That’s enough for us. Violet said. “I think that was a world record hehe.” She paused. “Anyways, I must get going now. I have a meeting tomorrow morning and I don’t want a hangover for it. Oh, and I’ve also scheduled you for something tomorrow morning, so try not be late this time Lover Boy.” Violet winked.

“Oi! That was a one time thing. A-And I told you never to talk about it again.”

“Oops, I forgot. Sorry!”

“Sure you did... Anyways, good luck at your meeting tomorrow.”

“Thank you, I will need it. Cya!”

“Bye!”

Violet got up and walked out of the room. Luna was about to knock on one of the doors to enter the room to get them more drinks. Violet whispered something in her ear then held open the door for her. She thanked her and walked in. She looked at Xel and blushed slightly. How could he, the King of Faltsu, be in love with a lowly maid. She may have come from a prestigious family, but this is something she never expected. She only really came here to get some “real” job experience that would look good on her resume. She snapped out of thought, then noticed that Xel was a little drunk.

“Are you done with this sir?” She asked.

“Y-Yeah. I guess I had a bit too much.” Xel chuckled. “I’m probably going to go to bed soon so that I don’t get a hangover tomorrow.”

Luna picked up the tray with the wine and glasses on it. It was lighter than she expected, but she shrugged it off and went to leave. Xel thanked her and she walked out of the room. She set the tray down on the ground and walked back to the entrance and closed the door. She then walked back to the tray and picked it back up. When she was about to walk to the wine cellar to drop off the nearly empty bottle and glasses, Violet turned the corner and faced her.

“How’d it go?” Violet asked.

“Umm... H-He just said he was going to bed. He didn’t want a hangover in the morning or something.”
“Dumbass... I mean that’s fair.”

Luna laughed a bit before she quickly bit her lip to stop. “Alright, well I must run this back to the cellar. See you around I guess. I-If you need me, just let the Head Maid know and they’ll send me.”

“I’ve got to get back to work as well.” She paused. “Hey uh... One more thing: If Xel ever just doesn’t seem interested randomly, he is. It’s just his way of trying to balance his professional life and his normal life. Just don’t let that get to you, ya hear?”

“Y-Yes Ma’am.”

“Good. Now I have to go. Cya!”

“Bye.”

Luna and Violet both went their separate ways. She spent the rest of her shift thinking about what had just happened. It was a life changing moment for both her and Xel. She began to like him the more and more she thought about it. When her shift ended, she went home and fell asleep, still pondering about what to do next.

OOC Note: This vaguely ties into the “A Friend’s Recommendation RP”, (https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9193110/ ) so if you haven’t read that, please do so first to get some context for this rp. It’s only 2 posts and is not that long. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Eras RP:

Music for this post: https://youtu.be/gMTPsumjfTA

Wednesday, October 27th,

2020 at 9:37pm.

Xel sat at his desk doing some work when he heard a knock on the door.

“Come in!” He yelled.

Luna opened the door and stepped inside. Xel motioned her to lock the door. She did so and sat down on a luxurious loveseat that was positioned behind his desk. Luna was wearing the standard maid uniform. She has shiny black eyes that contrast well with the brown uniform. Her mocha-brown hair went down just a few inches below her shoulder.

“What is it that I can assist you with sir?” Luna asked as politely possible.

Xel stopped typing on his laptop and spun around in his office chair and faced her.

“I do apologize for last night. I... I just want a bit of a drink whenever me and Violet debate sometimes. I didn’t say anything weird then right?”

“No no. You didn’t say anything bad sir-“

“No please, call me Xel.”

“But, that goes against protocol. It’d look unprofessional and I-“

Before she could even finish her protests, Xel stood up and took a step toward her and swiftly pulled her up onto her feet.

“Sir, what are you doing-“

Xel kissed Luna for the first time. They embraced and she relaxed from the surprise of this event.

“I love you Luna. I-I want this to be more.”

Luna’s face was as red as a cherry tomato. “I-I love you too Xel.”

“I’m going to arrange for your stuff to be moved in here if that’s ok.”

“I would love it.”

Xel could still see some worry behind those loving black eyes. He spoke as if he read her mind.

“The press should react good to this if that is something you’re worried about. You’re very well educated, and you come from a prestigious family.”

“That’s good...”

“I’ll let the Head Maid know that you won’t be returning. Let’s do some shopping on Friday eh? You are very beautiful, but I want to treat you to something that you and I enjoy very much.”

“I do love to shop, but sometimes a bit too much.”

Xel kissed her on the cheek. “Well you won’t have to worry about that anymore.”

Luna smirked. “I guess you’re right.” She paused. “Hey, let’s do something fun tonight, shall we?”

Xel smiled. “Sure! Just let me finish this email first. It won’t take more than a couple of minutes.”

“Okay!”

————————————————————————————————————————————

Thursday, October 28th,

2020 at 9:39am.

Xel and Luna lay in bed. They looked like they had an eventful night and had a good sleep.

“Good morning honey.” Luna said.

Xel smiled happily. “Good morning. Was last night fun?”

“Very.” She replied while holding in a bit of laughter about last night’s events.

“That’s good. Let’s get ready for the day, shall we?”

“What is there to do today?” She asked inquisitively.

“The news stops for no one.” Xel said peppily, almost mocking a news reporter voice.

“You are right about that. How do you deal with that constantly?”

“Eh, you just learn to live with it at some point. The media cares about everything except you as a human. They’ll go to great lengths to even get the scoop on what fucking toilet paper brand you use. It’s unreal.”

“Jeez. Well, let’s make this one good then. What were you thinking?”

“Dunno. Maybe we let a few in for some questions, then we let them report on it.”

“That sounds good, but I don’t want any cameras, at least for now.”

“That’s... I mean I can arrange that. There will still have to be pictures, but I can ban filming during the conference. Is that ok?”

“Yeah. That would be nice. One problem: I don’t really have anything nice to wear.”

“Isn’t your family pretty rich?”

“Yeah, my family is, but I’m not. They paid for my education, a car, and my housing until I got on my feet with this job.”

“Hmm... Well we can get you something to wear then. I’ll have my tailor come and get you something really nice to wear.”

“Sounds good.”

————————————————————————————————————————————

5:49pm (same day)

Luna and Xel were all dressed up for the press conference. Luna was wearing a beautiful emerald green knee-high dress with brown leather ankle-high dress boots. Xel was wearing his normal cream and brown suit with a brown bow tie. He also wore his 450,000¢ crown ring on his right thumb. They had prepared for this moment all day and it finally came. A bodyguard opened the door to the press conference room. They walked to their seats as cameras flashed with the taking of many pictures. Xel had specifically said no video recording was allowed inside the press conference room, but voice recording was allowed for the specific purpose of news article writing. Xel was the first one to speak.

“Good evening everyone!” He stated with a lot of energy. “I, for once, called a press conference myself. I think this is a historical moment in my kingship.” This was met with chuckles from the press present in the room. “Speaking of historical moments. I called this press conference to announce that Luna Schlausenweiger and I are officially dating.” The press in the room started to clap and cheer. They knew the ramifications of this. The monarchy might yet be saved, as a heir is now in the question. Speaking of questions, many of those were popping in their heads. Some took out their notepads and started scribbling down questions. Xel looked over and nodded to Luna. She nodded back.

“I will now open this conference to questions.” Xel announced.

The members of the press started raising their hands individually. Xel pointed at one and the man spoke. “When did his Majesty make it official?”

Xel chuckled. “Since the 27th.”

Xel pointed to another press member.

“What did his Majesty find interesting about her Majesty?”

“Whenever she is around, all my worries go away. Any anxiety or negative emotions that I have just disappear. She is the love of my life, and I am hers.” They both start holding hands on the table, visible to everyone in the room. He points to another member of the press.

“How do you feel about this, her Majesty?”

She took a second to think, then spoke. “I’m very excited for what’s to come in the future.” Luna said confidently. “I don’t know what ther will entail, but I hope it will be great for Faltsu and the monarchy. I will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety and security of the future of Faltsu and it’s people.”

The press started to clap and cheer. Xel and Luna kept answering questions for the next 15 minutes. At 6:07pm, he ended the press conference and everyone shuffled out of the room. Many were satisfied that they had enough information to make a news story. Xel and Luna got up from their chairs and walked out of the room. They walked all the way back up to their room. Xel locked the door once they were both in.

“So, how was your first press conference?” Xel asked.

“Stressing.” Luna replied. She then sat down on their bed, and Xel soon sat down beside her on her left.

“I can imagine, but you did great out there!” Xel wrapped his right arm around her and pulled her closer so that she was now leaning on him.

“You really think so?” She asked.

“Yeah. Your answer to the first question directed at you was amazing. No doubt it put everyone at ease. Don’t worry, the more that you’re apart of, the better and more confident you’ll become at public speaking.”

“I guess so...” She replied in an almost sad tone. “Hey, why don’t we do something fun again tonight?” Luna asked happily.

“But we had fun last night didn’t we?” Xel replied sarcastically.

“Yeah, but we can have fun every night dumbass.” Luna quickly realized what she had said and covered her mouth with her hands in shame. To her surprise, Xel started laughing.

“What?! W-What’s so funny!” She asked in a flustered tone. She was pretty embarrassed by what she has just said and started blushing hard.

“You look so cute whenever you get all embarrassed and flustered like that. Let me get us some drinks.”

“Grrr...” She replied in retaliation.

Xel pulled his phone out from his pocket and flipped it open. He then texted someone asking for drinks to be brought down to them. The drinks then arrived a few minutes later. The pair stayed up until the early hours of the morning, and both fell asleep before the sun came up again.

OOC Note: Special thanks to @Illusia for proofreading some of this, and helping me with some ideas!

Back