A Friend’s Recommendation (my first Eras RP!)

BorkWI

Am cat doing cat things. Nothing sus here.
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Waupun_Island
Eras RP:

King Xel paces around his newly renovated room. He hears 4 knocks on his door.

“Just a minute Violet!” He yells.

“Okay!” Replies Violet.

He walks into his en-suite bathroom, taking off his black t-shirt and throwing it into the hamper. He puts on some deodorant, and combs his hair. He then walks into his closet. He throws on a white v-neck luxury sweater, and some black slacks. He walks back out into his room and opens the door.

“What is it Violet?”

“For someone in the Royal Family, you sure don’t dress like it.”

Xel scowls at her.

“Oh pal-lease! You look just fine, I’m just giving you shit. You know that.”

“Yeah yeah... What else does thou require from thy self?”

Violet chuckles. “I was wondering if I could use your bathroom. They are currently working on mine and I kinda need to go.”

“There are literally 35 bathrooms in this place-“

“Yeah, but they’re not as nice! A Prime Minister shouldn’t have to use just a normal bathroom you know.”

“Yeah yeah, sure fine. Go ahead. But be warned, the vanity is a mess at the moment.”

“Thanks!” She smiles, walking past him to the bathroom and closing the door.

————————————————————————————————————————————

Five minutes later she comes out and closes the door. Xel is sitting on his bed, playing on his phone. He looks up at her.

“What is the real reason you came up here. I know that that wasn’t it.”

“Well... I think that you should find someone. You are the last true remnant of the Royal Family. If you do marry outside of the kingdom, then you can forage alliances and stuff.”

“A: Not right now, I’m kinda focusing on repairing the damage my father has done. And B: even if I was to find someone, it wouldn’t be outside the kingdom. We already have protection and trade from Epiphani.”

“Alright alright. All I’m saying is, you should find someone while you’re still a young buck. Don’t be out played by the older folks.”

“Yeah yeah. I hear ya. Anything else relevant to the well being of Faltsu?”

“Yes actually.” She pulls out an envelope from her pocket. “Read this. It is an interesting proposition.”

“I swear to all that is holy if this is another one of your stupid games I will physically slap you.”

“Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t.” She winks. “You’ll like it.”

“If you say so...”

“I must get going now. Cya!”

“Bye.”

Violet leaves the room, closing the door behind her. Xel looks at the letter. He then puts it on the bedside table. He’ll get to it later. He lays back down on his bed and falls asleep after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Music for this post: https://youtu.be/hOEAGZZoq7w

Xel woke up a few hours later. He reached for his phone on the side table blindly. He felt the letter that he was supposed to have read. Finally, he found his phone. He sighed audibly, picking it up and bringing it towards his face. The screen lit up and he squinted his eyes at the brightness. He then looked at the time; which read 2:57pm.

“Oh fuck!” He said to himself. “I gotta actually do work and uhh... king stuff. Lemme read this letter that Violet wanted me to.”

He turned on the lights to his room using an app on his phone. He then grabbed and opened the letter. He unfolded the paper inside. It read:

"To the Monarchies and Nobles of Eras, the Grand Sultan Osmanek I of the Aydin Empire would like to issue a statement saying that he is ready to receive any and all royal suitors that may wish to marry his Majesty. And suitors who may like to marry his 18 year twin sisters old sisters Emiri and Emel."

He was perplexed by this notion and read it again to the same result. So this is why she had this conversation. Emily must’ve given it to Violet because she knew that me and her were good friends, even if Violet didn’t really like working for me. But, he would stick to what he had said earlier, as it was truly what he wanted. This proposal was nice and all, but he could see no benefit in it even if he did want to accept it. Alas, he would write something up to send back. He got up out of bed, stretched, and walked over to his desk. He sat down and opened up his laptop. He opened up a Hända doc and typed up a letter. It goes as followed:
“To whomever this may concern;

I, King Xel of Faltsu, humbly reject your offer of a proposed marriage to you or your sisters. I don’t see any benefit of doing so. Also, I would like to only marry out of love and not for an alliance as Faltsu is already allied to Epiphani. I thank you for the offer, but I cannot accept it.”

He proofread it and printed it out. He signed it, and put it in an envelope. He then stamped the envelope with a red wax stamp. He wrote a return address and a sending address on the envelope as well, then put it in the outgoing basket on a table near the door. A servant would get it later. He sighed and walked back over to his desk. He opened a Hmail tab on his laptop and started answering emails and doing other uhh... king stuff.

Back