-
TNP Nation
Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965
moc_seal.png

Midterm Report and Announcements

Monthly Report: October
Last month we published two issues of The North Star, two Special News Reports, and one issue of The Northern Lights. Of note was the special issue of The North Star was a summary of the World Assembly Symposium, and a follow-up to September’s issue of The Northern Lights. We also published an R/D focused issue of The Northern Lights, featuring 3 foreign authors.

We are still in the process of transforming The North Star articles into a narrative style. I am especially proud of the most recent World Assembly Digest, and hope it serves as an example for future articles.

I am grateful for the contributions of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, the Ministry of Defense, and all of our foreign authors for TNL. I especially appreciate all of your efforts throughout this term, it wouldn’t be possible without you.

Polaris
In October, the Ministry produced two “Special News Reports”. This was a test to see how standalone news articles, about current events, would work. We were very pleased with how they turned out, and I am happy to announce today that we are making this a permanent program named Polaris.

We hope this program will help inform TNPers of regional happenings and engage the community with what is happening around them in the region. We also hope for this program to create more avenues for writers within the Ministry, who may want to write more than the few articles we publish in our monthly publications.

A role will be created on discord for interested writers to coordinate to write these articles. More information and signups can be found here.

Proofreading
With the creation of this new publication, and with increasing standards for writing on The North Star, it has become necessary to create new systems to proofread and format submitted articles.

All articles will now have to pass a “Proofreading Check” and an “Executive Check”. When an article is submitted, a Proofreader will read it and correct any grammatical errors. After this, a member of Ministry Leadership will read the article, and pass it off as ready to format.

This change should have minimal impact on the writing process, and we hope that it helps to maintain the level of quality we strive for in this Ministry. At this time, @Nimarya has been appointed as Proofreader.

Keep up the great work!

Your favorite groundhog,
BMWSurfer

Last edited:
Back