Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Commend Morover
Category: Commendation | Target: Morover
Proposed by: Noahs Second Country | Onsite Topic

This most grand, impressive, and august Security Council,

Seeing that many nations send their avowed delegations to the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, yet an equitable few truly rise to the level of the delegation sent by Morover,

Understanding that this delegation treats World Assembly legislation as more important than their own national laws, demonstrating the sheer level of dedication they have to creating an inclusive and safe international environment,

Awed by the Morovian delegation’s ability to survive and thrive inside of the Festering Snakepit known as the General Assembly, where they have passed six resolutions, including:
Lauding the Morovian ambassador Gregory Perise, who has spearheaded the development of seven successful and well regarded resolutions presented to this fine and enlightened Security Council body, including but not limited to:
  • SC#297: Condemn Tinfect, which righteously exposed the hypocritical and dangerous practices of Tinfect, whose impact on the General Assembly chamber is incalculable,
  • SC#301: Repeal: "Condemn This Game", accountable for repealing a piece of legislation uncouth enough to bring the disgusting practices of satirical writing upon this noble alignment of nations,
  • SC#305: Condemn Psychotic Dictatorships, responsible for finally condemning a repulsive consolidation of dictatorships, moreover, the Morovian delegation made the decision in this piece to doubt the supposedly fragrant feet belonging to DEAREST LEADER, a wholly dangerous endeavor,
  • SC#328: Commend Kuriko, which served to recognize one of the most well regarded and successful defenders in this chamber's history;
Glad to see that the nation of Morover has used their experience and expertise to assist other delegations as an independent nation, Minister of World Assembly Affairs in The North Pacific, and Deputy Officer of World Assembly Affairs in The Rejected Realms by:
  • Debating the merits of dozens of proposals within the World Assembly’s drafting chambers,
  • Ensuring proper consolidation of regional power in the World Assembly through production of Information for Voter pamphlets in a timely manner,
  • Successfully hosting the Second World Assembly Symposium, where intellectuals from the World Assembly congregated to debate various important contemporary topics to determine the future of this very body;
Thoroughly dismayed that the glorious honor of commendation has not yet been thrust upon such a deserving nation by the well-endowed participants of these Consecrated Corridors,

Hereby Commends Morover
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]11[/TD][TD]4[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR]

IFV - For

Overview

The Security Council proposal, “Commend Morover”, seeks to commend Morover on the basis of their service in the World Assembly. The proposal cites several of Morover’s authored General Assembly Resolutions and Security Council Resolutions as evidence of Morover’s service and their commend-worthiness. This proposal also notes Morover’s long-standing service to The North Pacific and to The Rejected Realms through their involvement in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs in both regions.

Recommendation
This proposal is a well-written commendation that recognizes the work of a prominent GA and SC author, whose contributions to both the World Assembly and The North Pacific are nothing short of significant. Though it is most unfortunate that Morover's WA career has come to a close, at least for the time being, they are most certainly deserving of recognition by the SC.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting For the at-vote Security Council proposal “Commend Morover”.

Commend Morover was passed 12,213 votes to 2,407 (83.5% support).

Last edited:
Against. To quote myself,
I'm rather conflicted on this, but ultimately I think I'll have to vote against. While Morover has passed quite a few resolutions in the GA, none of them are particularly notable in comparison to others who have been commended mostly for GA writing, and a lot of them are repeals and replacements, which I don't think carry as much weight as original resolutions. On the SC side, there has been considerable debate about whether commending/condemning others should make the author commendable themselves, and while I think it's fine to add passed SC resolutions to someone's commendation, it's not as convincing to use them to form a central part of the commendation. Their service as WA Minister pretty much boils down to doing the job well for half a term, which doesn't add much to the case either. And lastly, it really seems this is being submitted with the knowledge that Morover is retiring, with this being a sort of retirement gift. Had they not intended to retire, we would probably not be considering this right now. Rewarding someone for quitting the game after a short 1.5 years of service doesn't seem in the spirit of the SC.

Abstain. I really like Morover, and I think they've done a lot of good work. But let's be honest here- this is a retirement gift and nothing else.

Present, for obvious reasons.

I don't understand the "retirement gift" argument - it's just the inverse of "too soon", which is a non-argument.

Present, for obvious reasons.

I don't understand the "retirement gift" argument - it's just the inverse of "too soon", which is a non-argument.
"Retirement gift", “too soon” and “badge hunt” are all non-arguments, I agree. However, resolutions with those qualities are more likely to be poorly written or the target isn’t commendable at the time. This appears to be the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back