Some random groundhog idk
-
TNP Nation
Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965
moc_seal.png

Mentored Articles and TNS Changes

Hello everyone! Today I have two exciting announcements for you.

Mentored Articles

Writing for Communications can be very intimidating to new players who may not even know where to start in writing an article for either of our publications. This can hinder the growth of the Ministry, holding us back from our true potential.

With this in mind, I am excited to announce the new Mentored Articles program. Mentored articles are just regular articles, except that there will be a mentor to guide the author of the article on how to get started, conduct research, and write the article. We believe that this will help Communications realize its full potential for authorship. Anyone may express interest in a mentored article here, but I especially encourage our newer authors to consider this option.

The North Star

For 20 issues, The North Star has provided TNPers with information about the happenings of their region, particularly the happenings of the government. However, it has also gained a reputation for being boring or a side attraction to TNL. While some have suggested getting rid of TNS outright, citing this reputation, we believe that this is shortsided. We believe TNS can become a valuable publication and realize its full potential with a little help.

To help with this goal, we are shifting TNS away from the “log” style of article to a more narrative one. A prime example of this is in the NPA Bulletin, which conveys the happenings of the NPA in more of a story format, while still providing valuable statistics at the end of the article. We would like to see all articles shift to this storytelling style, and for our articles to become longer as a result.

Ultimately, this will hopefully lead to longer-term engagement with TNS as a serious standalone publication. We may make additional changes in the future as we see how this (relatively simple) change unfolds.

Thank you all for the work you do for this Ministry. Interesting times lay ahead!

BMWSurfer
Minister of Communications

Last edited:
Back