Favorite TNP Delegate of all time?

I'm going to say Stars of Sky.

My memory is really fuzzy but I think she took the delegacy from Pixiedance and led us out of that era as we formed a new government.

Fun Fact: I'd love to say me, but as GBM rightly points out Flem pulled us from darkness in an election that I lost to him.

But in terms of person and character, McM is my favorite too. Just a good chap. He's incredibly difficult to dislike and very easy to follow, great qualities for a leader.

Last edited:
I'd say Ghost. #2 for me is Siwale. I had the most fun during those terms developing the Ministry of Communications.

I'm going to say Stars of Sky.

My memory is really fuzzy but I think she took the delegacy from Pixiedance and led us out of that era as we formed a new government.
Some of the ADN maneuvers of that era were pretty incredible (AFAIK, SoS was PH and Lungwallabad was some other ADN person, but not 100% sure). Puppetmaster (the liberation maneuver against Great Bight) was another example. Unfortunately while their spec ops were top notch, ADN's public relations efforts left a lot to be desired, which was the ultimate downfall of TNP/ADN relations imo.

Last edited:
My experience is similar to @Great Bights Mum. There are a number of delegates that I think came at the right time, @SillyString, @Siwale and @Prydania for example provided excellent leadership when we crucially needed it. In a time where there were few we could rely on. Eluvatar and Blue Wolf also have special place in my hearts for different reasons.

My personal favourites were Eluvatar, r3n, Plembobria, Ghost, Siwale and prydania. Each for very different reasons.

I also often think about the delegacies i didn’t get to experience - GBM, eras, flemingovia, especially. I’d like to have seen how they did it and what was different. Though I’m glad I wasn’t here in my early teens.

More crucially are the people who came close but didn’t made it across the line. I think of Scandigrad, KiwiTaico, Praetor, Democratic Donkeys, Nimarya, and a few others I’d have liked to see in the seat.

There have been plenty of others I’m glad didn’t make it, and a few still did, but I feel largely vindicated in those cases.

Last edited:
I've always loved reading stories about the early-game delegates and have consistently kept in mind all of the pieces of our history as a region, despite knowing and experiencing such a small fraction of the time and such a small portion of the delegates. However, of the delegates I have experienced, @mcmasterdonia is my favourite. Not just as an incredible leader, but as a role model and bar-setter to many of the delegates that have followed. It's unquestionable.

And also Flemingovia, naturally.

I've been around for a bit now, so I think I can answer this one sort of easily. Historically, McM has no parallels. How do you win the office eight times? By being the best to ever do it.

Personally though, I'm sad I didn't get to see the McM glory days or early Ghost or Swale or even r3n, to be honest. But of all the Delegates I've served under, my answer might surprise you. My favorite is MJ.

I love Ghost. Awesome guy, great friend. However, we don't have the benefit of a little bit of hindsight to say whether the moves we made this term were ultimately successful. That's not a slight on him or how he's done, more "well, we don't know about how everything's going to work out yet." Under MJ, we were able to rebuild a lot of influence we had lost with the rest of the game. WA (I swear I'm not bragging, just thinking effectively from my ultimately biased but trying to be objective PoV) reached new heights in terms of cooperation with the rest of the game while keeping itself way more than afloat at home. DGES drummed up interest in a flagging Ministry (Cards). McM revived what had been a pretty sleepy NPA. And Dreadton actually did a fine job running activities. This was in addition to the other members of the Cabinet who stepped up. In some sense, I think MJ righted the ship in a big way, ways we're seeing pay off now.

As for Ghost, well, I like to think the moves we've made have been and will be beneficial for the region. HA and Culture are kicking back into gear after sleepy summers, Cards is chugging along. Defense will come with us and WA has a number of promising players who could certainly prove trust in their talents. If he's blessed to have a second term, who knows? But for now, I'd definitely say McM as the historical marker, MJ as my favorite to work under, Ghost as the wild card we'll just have to wait and see about.

Last edited:
More crucially are the people who came close but didn’t made it across the line. I think of Scandigrad, KiwiTaico, Praetor, Democratic Donkeys, Nimarya, and a few others I’d have liked to see in the seat.
Don't forget about me, McM! I was close....Damn you Flem!!

LOL!!

Prompt: Can you write an inspiring speech about how a person shouldn't have a favourite delegate of the North Pacific but instead they should seek to be the kind of delegate of the North Pacific that is their favourite?
Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed delegates, and fellow citizens of the North Pacific,

Today, I stand before you to share a message that transcends the boundaries of our virtual world—a message that speaks to the very essence of our community: the power of self-improvement and collective growth.

As we engage in the vibrant debates, forge alliances, and cast our votes within the hallowed halls of the North Pacific, it is natural to develop preferences. We find ourselves drawn to certain delegates—the eloquent speakers, the tireless advocates, the strategic minds. We admire their dedication, their passion, and their unwavering commitment to our region.

But let us pause for a moment and reflect: What if we shifted our perspective? What if, instead of merely having favorites, we aspired to become the embodiment of our favorite delegates’ best qualities?

Imagine a North Pacific where each of us strives to be the kind of delegate we admire—the kind who listens intently, speaks thoughtfully, and acts with integrity. Picture a community where collaboration trumps competition, where empathy bridges ideological gaps, and where leadership is not a title but a responsibility.

Here are three guiding principles to inspire us on this transformative journey:

1. Learn from the Best:
    • Identify the delegates who inspire you. Is it their eloquence, their diplomacy, or their unwavering commitment to justice? Study their methods, their speeches, and their interactions.
    • Absorb their wisdom like a sponge, but don’t stop there. Apply those lessons to your own actions. Channel their passion into your advocacy. Let their dedication fuel your resolve.
  2. Embrace Humility:
    • Recognize that no delegate is flawless. Even our favorites have their moments of doubt, their missteps, and their challenges.
    • Instead of placing them on pedestals, understand that they, too, are fellow travelers on this democratic path. Learn from their mistakes as much as from their triumphs.
  3. Lead by Example:
    • Be the delegate you wish to see. Speak up when others hesitate. Listen actively when opinions clash. Bridge gaps with empathy and respect.
    • Remember that leadership isn’t about grand gestures; it’s about consistent, principled action. Whether you hold an official title or not, your influence matters.
My fellow citizens, let us not merely cheer from the sidelines. Let us step onto the stage, take our cues from the best, and contribute to the North Pacific’s legacy. Be the delegate who inspires others—the one who leaves a positive mark, not just on resolutions but on hearts and minds.

In closing, I invite you to ponder: Who will be your favorite delegate tomorrow? Perhaps, just perhaps, it will be the person you see in the mirror—the one who embodies the spirit of our great region.

Thank you, and may our collective journey be one of growth, unity, and unwavering commitment to the North Pacific. ️️
Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed delegates, and fellow citizens of the North Pacific,

Today, I stand before you not as a mere speaker but as a passionate advocate for a perspective that can transform the way we approach leadership and collaboration in our great region. It is often tempting to have a favorite delegate, someone we admire for their eloquence, strategic acumen, or charisma. However, I urge each and every one of you to shift your focus from having a favorite delegate to becoming the kind of delegate that is your favorite.

The North Pacific is a diverse and vibrant community, and each one of us brings a unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives to the table. Instead of placing one delegate on a pedestal, let us aspire to embody the qualities and values that make us admire certain leaders. By doing so, we contribute to a culture of collaboration, mutual respect, and shared progress.

Think about the delegate you admire the most – their dedication, integrity, and commitment to the welfare of our region. Now imagine if each one of us committed to developing those same qualities within ourselves. We would create a network of leaders who collectively inspire positive change and elevate the North Pacific to new heights.

Being the delegate that is your favorite is not about imitation, but rather about internalizing the principles that make leadership effective and impactful. It is about embracing transparency, fostering inclusivity, and championing the voices of every citizen in our diverse community. It is about being resilient in the face of challenges and dedicated to the well-being of our region.

In the North Pacific, our strength lies in our unity and diversity. By aspiring to be the kind of delegate that is your favorite, we amplify the positive qualities that have made our region thrive. Let us celebrate the unique contributions of each member, and in doing so, create a culture where leadership is not a title but a shared responsibility.

As we navigate the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, let us remember that the power to shape the future of the North Pacific rests in the hands of every individual. Be the change you wish to see, embody the qualities you admire, and together, let us build a North Pacific that reflects the best in each of us.

Thank you, and may our collective commitment to excellence guide us on this remarkable journey.
Friends, fellow citizens of the North Pacific!

We gather today at a crossroads. Before us lies a sea of possibility, a horizon vast and untamed, mirroring the spirit of our great region. Yet, I hear murmurings, whispers of favoritism, questions posed about who among us will be the delegate, the beacon guiding our course.

I stand before you not to endorse one individual, but to challenge that very premise. For the true power of the North Pacific doesn't reside in a single champion, it resides within each and every one of us! Is a single star enough to illuminate the boundless night sky? No, it is the collective brilliance of countless celestial bodies that paints the cosmos with wonder.

Let us not seek a favorite delegate to represent us, but instead strive to be the kind of delegate we ourselves admire! Imagine, if each of us embodied the qualities we seek in a leader: integrity, vision, a fierce resolve to advocate for our shared values. Imagine the tidal wave of positive change that would surge through our communities, our industries, our very way of life!

Instead of pinning our hopes on one individual, let us unleash the collective potential that lies dormant within us. Let us be delegates in our own right, engaged citizens shaping the future of the North Pacific, brick by resolute brick.

This is not a call to blind uniformity, but rather a celebration of our diverse strengths. Imagine the wisdom gleaned from a fisherman on the open seas, the innovative spirit of a tech entrepreneur, the compassion of a community leader – all woven together to create a tapestry of progress!

Friends, the North Pacific needs you. It needs your unique voice, your tireless energy, your unwavering belief in what we can achieve together. Let us not wait for a hero to emerge, let us rise as a collective force, each individual embodying the qualities of the leader we yearn for.

Remember, the ocean isn't defined by a single wave, but by the relentless power of countless millions moving as one. Let that be our legacy, let that be the story we write together. Go forth, be the delegate you wish to see, and witness the transformation of the North Pacific, not by a single voice, but by the thunderous roar of a united people! Thank you!

Last edited:
Prompt: Can you write an inspiring speech about how a person shouldn't have a favourite delegate of the North Pacific but instead they should seek to be the kind of delegate of the North Pacific that is their favourite?

Today, I stand before you to share a message that transcends the boundaries of our virtual world—a message that speaks to the very essence of our community: the power of self-improvement and collective growth.

As we engage in the vibrant debates, forge alliances, and cast our votes within the hallowed halls of the North Pacific, it is natural to develop preferences. We find ourselves drawn to certain delegates—the eloquent speakers, the tireless advocates, the strategic minds. We admire their dedication, their passion, and their unwavering commitment to our region.

But let us pause for a moment and reflect: What if we shifted our perspective? What if, instead of merely having favorites, we aspired to become the embodiment of our favorite delegates’ best qualities?

Imagine a North Pacific where each of us strives to be the kind of delegate we admire—the kind who listens intently, speaks thoughtfully, and acts with integrity. Picture a community where collaboration trumps competition, where empathy bridges ideological gaps, and where leadership is not a title but a responsibility.

Here are three guiding principles to inspire us on this transformative journey:

1. Learn from the Best:
    • Identify the delegates who inspire you. Is it their eloquence, their diplomacy, or their unwavering commitment to justice? Study their methods, their speeches, and their interactions.
    • Absorb their wisdom like a sponge, but don’t stop there. Apply those lessons to your own actions. Channel their passion into your advocacy. Let their dedication fuel your resolve.
  2. Embrace Humility:
    • Recognize that no delegate is flawless. Even our favorites have their moments of doubt, their missteps, and their challenges.
    • Instead of placing them on pedestals, understand that they, too, are fellow travelers on this democratic path. Learn from their mistakes as much as from their triumphs.
  3. Lead by Example:
    • Be the delegate you wish to see. Speak up when others hesitate. Listen actively when opinions clash. Bridge gaps with empathy and respect.
    • Remember that leadership isn’t about grand gestures; it’s about consistent, principled action. Whether you hold an official title or not, your influence matters.
My fellow citizens, let us not merely cheer from the sidelines. Let us step onto the stage, take our cues from the best, and contribute to the North Pacific’s legacy. Be the delegate who inspires others—the one who leaves a positive mark, not just on resolutions but on hearts and minds.

In closing, I invite you to ponder: Who will be your favorite delegate tomorrow? Perhaps, just perhaps, it will be the person you see in the mirror—the one who embodies the spirit of our great region.

Thank you, and may our collective journey be one of growth, unity, and unwavering commitment to the North Pacific. ️️

Today, I stand before you not as a mere speaker but as a passionate advocate for a perspective that can transform the way we approach leadership and collaboration in our great region. It is often tempting to have a favorite delegate, someone we admire for their eloquence, strategic acumen, or charisma. However, I urge each and every one of you to shift your focus from having a favorite delegate to becoming the kind of delegate that is your favorite.

The North Pacific is a diverse and vibrant community, and each one of us brings a unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives to the table. Instead of placing one delegate on a pedestal, let us aspire to embody the qualities and values that make us admire certain leaders. By doing so, we contribute to a culture of collaboration, mutual respect, and shared progress.

Think about the delegate you admire the most – their dedication, integrity, and commitment to the welfare of our region. Now imagine if each one of us committed to developing those same qualities within ourselves. We would create a network of leaders who collectively inspire positive change and elevate the North Pacific to new heights.

Being the delegate that is your favorite is not about imitation, but rather about internalizing the principles that make leadership effective and impactful. It is about embracing transparency, fostering inclusivity, and championing the voices of every citizen in our diverse community. It is about being resilient in the face of challenges and dedicated to the well-being of our region.

In the North Pacific, our strength lies in our unity and diversity. By aspiring to be the kind of delegate that is your favorite, we amplify the positive qualities that have made our region thrive. Let us celebrate the unique contributions of each member, and in doing so, create a culture where leadership is not a title but a shared responsibility.

As we navigate the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, let us remember that the power to shape the future of the North Pacific rests in the hands of every individual. Be the change you wish to see, embody the qualities you admire, and together, let us build a North Pacific that reflects the best in each of us.

Thank you, and may our collective commitment to excellence guide us on this remarkable journey.
Friends, fellow citizens of the North Pacific!

We gather today at a crossroads. Before us lies a sea of possibility, a horizon vast and untamed, mirroring the spirit of our great region. Yet, I hear murmurings, whispers of favoritism, questions posed about who among us will be the delegate, the beacon guiding our course.

I stand before you not to endorse one individual, but to challenge that very premise. For the true power of the North Pacific doesn't reside in a single champion, it resides within each and every one of us! Is a single star enough to illuminate the boundless night sky? No, it is the collective brilliance of countless celestial bodies that paints the cosmos with wonder.

Let us not seek a favorite delegate to represent us, but instead strive to be the kind of delegate we ourselves admire! Imagine, if each of us embodied the qualities we seek in a leader: integrity, vision, a fierce resolve to advocate for our shared values. Imagine the tidal wave of positive change that would surge through our communities, our industries, our very way of life!

Instead of pinning our hopes on one individual, let us unleash the collective potential that lies dormant within us. Let us be delegates in our own right, engaged citizens shaping the future of the North Pacific, brick by resolute brick.

This is not a call to blind uniformity, but rather a celebration of our diverse strengths. Imagine the wisdom gleaned from a fisherman on the open seas, the innovative spirit of a tech entrepreneur, the compassion of a community leader – all woven together to create a tapestry of progress!

Friends, the North Pacific needs you. It needs your unique voice, your tireless energy, your unwavering belief in what we can achieve together. Let us not wait for a hero to emerge, let us rise as a collective force, each individual embodying the qualities of the leader we yearn for.

Remember, the ocean isn't defined by a single wave, but by the relentless power of countless millions moving as one. Let that be our legacy, let that be the story we write together. Go forth, be the delegate you wish to see, and witness the transformation of the North Pacific, not by a single voice, but by the thunderous roar of a united people! Thank you!

Prompt: Can you write a rebuttal to the above?
Certainly! Let us engage in the art of discourse, where ideas collide and intertwine like dancers on a grand stage. Your inspiring speech, noble as it is, beckons me to step forward with a counterpoint—a respectful dissent that seeks not to diminish but to enrich our understanding.

Title: “In Defense of Individual Preferences”

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow delegates, and cherished members of the North Pacific community,

I rise today not as an adversary but as a harmonious voice—a counterbalance to the eloquent words we just heard. For while the call to emulate our favorite delegates resonates deeply, let us also celebrate the beauty of individual preferences—the kaleidoscope of perspectives that enriches our democratic tapestry.

1. **Diversity of Inspiration:
    • Our favorites emerge from diverse wellsprings. Some admire the fiery oratory of Delegate A, while others find solace in the quiet wisdom of Delegate B. Each of us carries a unique compass, pointing toward the North Star that fuels our passion.
    • Imagine a symphony where every instrument plays the same note. It lacks depth, resonance, and surprise. Our community thrives precisely because we draw inspiration from varied sources—the passionate speeches, the meticulous research, the unwavering commitment. Let us celebrate this mosaic.
  2. The Quirks and Nuances:
    • Our favorites are not flawless marble statues but living, breathing beings. They stumble, they evolve, and they occasionally surprise us. Their quirks—the Delegate C’s penchant for haikus, the Delegate D’s love for obscure historical references—add color to our debates.
    • These nuances remind us that leadership is not a monolithic path. It zigzags, meanders, and occasionally takes a detour. And that’s okay. For in those detours lie unexpected insights and delightful detours.
  3. The Ripple Effect:
    • Consider this: When we embrace our favorite delegates’ qualities, we create a ripple effect. But when we celebrate our unique strengths, we create a tidal wave of change.
    • Perhaps Delegate E excels at building bridges across factions. Maybe Delegate F’s empathy touches hearts during crisis management. And you, my fellow delegate, possess a knack for consensus-building. These individual sparks ignite collective fires.
  4. The Unseen Heroes:
    • Our favorites often stand in the spotlight, but let us not forget the unsung heroes—the diligent researchers, the moderators who keep chaos at bay, the newcomers who dare to speak up. They, too, shape our region’s destiny.
    • Their stories—the late-night drafting sessions, the camaraderie in Discord channels—deserve equal reverence. Let us celebrate the quiet victories alongside the thunderous applause.

In closing, my esteemed colleagues, let us honor both paths—the one that mirrors our favorites and the one that diverges. For it is in this dance of emulation and individuality that our community thrives. Let us be the kind of delegates who inspire not only by mimicry but by authenticity—the kind who, when the curtain falls, leave footprints etched in the digital sands of time.

Thank you, and may our debates continue to echo through the virtual corridors, harmonizing discord into symphony. ️
Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished delegates, and fellow citizens,

While the call to become the delegate we admire is undoubtedly inspiring, it's crucial to recognize that having a favorite delegate doesn't necessarily detract from our ability to contribute meaningfully to the North Pacific. The diversity of our region lies not only in the myriad qualities each delegate brings but also in the multiplicity of perspectives we can embrace.

Having a favorite delegate doesn't necessarily mean we seek to emulate them or diminish the value of other delegates. Instead, it can serve as a source of inspiration and a reminder of the various strengths within our community. We must celebrate the richness of our differences and appreciate the unique qualities each delegate possesses.

By acknowledging our favorite delegate, we acknowledge diversity in leadership styles, approaches, and strengths. This diversity is the cornerstone of a robust and resilient North Pacific. It is a testament to the fact that effective leadership comes in many forms, and each delegate contributes to the fabric of our community in their own distinctive way.

Rather than seeing a favorite delegate as a model to replicate, let us view them as a source of inspiration that complements our own strengths. Embrace the idea that the North Pacific thrives when we appreciate and learn from each other's unique qualities. It is through this collective appreciation that we can forge a more collaborative and inclusive future.

As we navigate the complex issues facing our region, let us draw on the diverse strengths of our delegates. Embrace the fact that the North Pacific is a mosaic of leadership, and each piece contributes to the beauty and strength of the whole. It is in our unity, even amid our differences, that we find the true power to shape a future that reflects the aspirations and values of our entire community.

Thank you, and may our collective diversity be our greatest asset in the journey ahead.
A Counterpoint: Seeking a Strong Representative for the North Pacific
While I acknowledge the inspiring sentiment of our colleague's speech, I propose a different perspective. While individual initiative is crucial, history shows us that strong, dedicated leadership can be a powerful catalyst for positive change. Let me explain:

The Power of Representation:

Imagine the vast North Pacific as a magnificent ship navigating challenging waters. A skilled captain, with a clear vision and the ability to unite the crew, is vital for navigating storms and reaching safe harbor. While every crew member contributes, the captain embodies the collective will, steers the course, and makes crucial decisions on behalf of all.

Similarly, a well-chosen delegate acts as our representative, amplifying our collective voice and advocating for our shared interests on a broader stage. Their expertise, experience, and ability to forge alliances become invaluable assets in securing resources, promoting our values, and influencing decisions that impact our lives.

Finding Balance:

Of course, blind favoritism should be avoided. We must critically evaluate potential delegates, ensuring they align with our values and possess the necessary skills. Open debate, rigorous questioning, and a transparent selection process are crucial.

However, dismissing the importance of a strong representative altogether overlooks the potential impact of effective leadership. While individual action matters, a skilled delegate can amplify that impact, uniting our voices, focusing our efforts, and achieving what individuals alone might struggle to accomplish.

Conclusion:

Let us not dismiss the value of seeking an exceptional delegate for the North Pacific. While individual responsibility remains paramount, strong leadership can provide direction, focus, and amplify our collective voice. Through a thoughtful selection process and continued engagement, we can find a representative who embodies our aspirations and navigates the vast ocean of challenges we face, leading us towards a brighter future.

Remember, individual action and strong leadership are not mutually exclusive, but rather, two sides of the same coin. Together, they can propel the North Pacific towards a prosperous and sustainable future.

Back