Zyvetskistaahn

TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
This thread shall be used for witness deposition of @Eluvatar in the trial The North Pacific v Ihese.

Per the Court Rules and Procedures:

1. The witness must make the following oath before questioning can begin: "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

2. Any Justice may moderate this deposition.

3. Questioning will proceed in the following order until both sides have exhausted their questions:
a. Prosecution may ask their questions and any follow-ups.
b. Defense will have the opportunity to object to the asked questions.
c. Moderating Justice will rule on any objections.
d. Witness will answer the questions, if no objections or they are overruled.
e. When prosecution questions and follow-ups are exhausted, defense may ask their questions and any follow-ups.
f. Prosecution will have the opportunity to object to the asked questions.
g. Moderating Justice will rule on any objections.
h. Witness will answer the questions, if no objections or they are overruled.
i. Return to a, if needed.

4. At conclusion of questioning, the Moderating Justice shall publish the official record of the deposition in the trial thread.

With the permission of your honour.

As part of the administration, can you confirm the existence of the private messages sent by the defendant to Pigeonstan?

Thank you for the time, Eluvatar.

The prosecution is done with their questioning for now, your honour.

Thank you, your honour.

@Eluvatar - are you aware of any moderation action that was taken in response to the personal messages?

I object the question, your honour. The actions of the moderation have no interests to the case.

Thank you, your honour.

@Eluvatar - are you aware of any moderation action that was taken in response to the personal messages?
I object the question, your honour. The actions of the moderation have no interests to the case.

The Rules require that counsel asking a question be given an opportunity to defend or withdraw when an objection is made. It appears to me that defence counsel have been allowed a sufficient opportunity to do so, so I will rule on this objection.

I overrule this objection. In my judgment the question is of at least some relevance to the charge of fraud, as it may be said to bear on the Defendant’s regard for moderation rules in their interactions with Pigeonstan. While the question of whether the Defendant has subsequently broken the rules of this forum does not directly prove or disprove an earlier breach of NationStates rules, it is relevant circumstantial evidence.

@Eluvatar, you may answer the question.

Ihese was put on mod approval (posts they make in the forum require mod approval before they can be seen) and has been blocked from using the PM system.

@Comfed, absent further cross-examination by (time=1601065800) (slightly more than 24 hours from now), we will either move to re-examination or conclude this deposition.

@Vivanco, presuming there are no further questions, do you have any objections or expect to undertake any re-examination? If not, and no further questions are asked, then the deposition will conclude after the time indicated.

Your honour;
At the current moment, I do not have any objections, and as of how the case stands currently, I do not expect to undertake any re-examination.

I should note, I am minded to bring this deposition to a close. I am currently waiting for the resolution of others matters in the main trial thread before doing so, but it seems to me that both parties have had sufficient opportunity to ask questions, as required by the Rules.

@Vivanco, I presume there are no further questions for this witness?

I will bring this deposition to a close if there are not. If no indication is given by the expiry of the time currently set for evidence submission, I will do so also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back