Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Chief Justice

sc.jpg

Liberate Syria
Category: Liberation | Nominee: Syria
Proposed by: Kuriko | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Honoring the age-old tradition of using a Security Council Liberation to save innocent regions from occupation and destruction through this proposal;

Noting that in this instance, as stated above, an innocent region is under threat of destruction after being passworded by a nation created for the sole purpose of violating the sovereignty of the regional community;

Believing that the region of Hydra Main Command, believed to be run by none other than Alpha Wolf through their puppet state Hydra Wolf, should not be allowed to claim Syria as a trophy through the use of their puppet state Airport Manager Services, taking away the sovereignty of the remaining native community;

Hoping that through the act of this liberation the defender forces from multiple defender aligned regions will be able to free Syria from its current oppressors, and return the region to its current or a possibly future native community;

Hereby liberates the region of Syria.

Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]12[/TD][TD]6[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR]

Liberate Syria was passed 7,621 votes to 7,074 (51.9% support).

Last edited by a moderator:
The region of Syria has fallen victim to a past raid by members of The Wolf Clan, a notorious group of raiders that have previously cooperated with fascist regions. Though the region lacks an active native community at this moment, regions named after real-life countries always have good potential to develop a native community. The Wolf Clan should not be able to doom this region to destruction, and by liberating it, the Security Council would enable defenders to retake the region from its occupying forces.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting For the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Liberate Syria".

Last edited:
I will always support measures to allow people to make use of real world named regions. For

Against. This seems like “ooh raiders bad let’s take away their trophy” to me. As expressed in the NS forum thread, there are no natives anyway, so why do we care? So what if it’s named after an RL location? No one uses the region! I almost hope that someone will just refound the region, so we don’t have to waste the SC’s time with this. We should liberate major regions that people care enough to be in.

Last edited:
Abstain. I don't really see much to justify a liberation here. It was admitted in the thread that there is no native community of which to speak, nor was there one for some time. The only arguments in favor of this proposal would be that Syria is named after a real-life country, that there might possibly be natives at some point in the future, and that it's held by raiders with possible fascist connections. If these fascist connections are truly present, I have to wonder why this was not elaborated on in the text of the proposal.

non WA Against. This seems a tad bit unnecessary. Furthermore I have not seen enough evidence to show that this is a fascist military, or related to a fascist group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back