he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
moc_seal.png

End of Term Address
September 11, 2020

And so it's the end of another term. Looking back at the goals I set out at the start of the term, it's clear that we weren't able to achieve everything, but nonetheless progress is being made. Firstly, we were able to publish an issue of The Northern Lights this term, which contained three very high-quality articles written by TNP authors. We were also able to publish two issues of The North Star, and the third issue should be good to be published in a few days, possibly even tomorrow as I work on compiling the articles for release.

This term, Communications has also worked on recruiting new potential authors into the ministry. Being a writer is a high-barrier job, and often overlooked by new players when applying for the Executive Staff. Thus, I have taken to personally inviting promising new players over the course of the term to write for our publications. I hope they will find the ministry an enjoyable place to contribute to.

Of course, there's still a long way to go. We have struggled this term with releasing publications on time, and finding willing writers is not always an easy task. However, I remain hopeful that through sufficient recruiting, organisation and planning, the ministry will find a good place in terms of writer numbers in the not too distant future. There have also been plenty of suggested changes to the publications, many of which deserve a closer look at their potential to increase reader interest and widen the pool of writers.

Before I finish, I would like to thank my Deputy Ministers, @BMWSurfer, who was a tremendous help in taking much tedious manual work out of producing The North Star, and @Bormiar, who has lent us some quality articles and planning ideas. And of course, I'd like to thank all the writers who have written for TNS and TNL this past term, all of whom I hope will continue writing into the future.

I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to serve this ministry as its Minister. Irrespective of who is the next Minister, I will continue to find ways to assist and improve the ministry, and pass on some knowledge when needed. Media done well is a tool of great influence, and media done well consistently is a feat that has rarely been realised in this game. I hope TNP will find its rightful place in the crowded market of NationStates media.

Yours,
lSD9dPx.png

Minister of Communications

Back