TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
sc.jpg

Repeal: "Commend Kuriko"
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #300
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic

Security Council Resolution #300 “Commend Kuriko” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly Security Council,

Noting the fact that Kuriko, a well-respected nation who has helped better the world through both international diplomacy and other means, was formally recognized with the passage of SCR#300 "Commend Kuriko",

Maintaining the fact that Kuriko is highly commendable for their actions both in the Security Council itself and abroad in the international community,

Believing, however, that SCR#300 does a poor job of representing Kuriko's accomplishments, and instead relies on the then-recent election of the nation as the World Assembly Secretary-General to boost the resolution into passage, as opposed to passing based on its own merits,

Concerned that the acknowledgement of Kuriko's contributions to the Security Council rely more closely on the quantity of their proposals, while failing to recognize the quality that comes alongside it,

Saddened by the fact that the commendation of Kuriko reads akin to a basic list of accomplishments, without truly explaining the significance of those achievements or accentuating their magnitude,

Further disappointed by the inaccuracies present in this list, including:
  1. Calling the Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organization merely the "Thousand Islands Treaty Organization," an error which underestimates the magnitude of the organization tenfold,
  2. The assertion that Kuriko mobilized many defending forces in regards to the attempted 2019 coup of The East Pacific, when in fact they only mobilized TITO,
  3. Claiming that the Rejected Realms Treaty of Friendship was negotiated by Kuriko, when in fact the majority of negotiations were made by Alkasia, whereas Kuriko merely presented it to the Council of Nine after the negotiations were complete,
And certain that the candidate will undoubtedly achieve many more feats in their time, and that any commendation of Kuriko should include as many accomplishments as it possibly can, and any one written prematurely will do a grave disservice to both the candidate and the Security Council as a whole,

Hereby repeals SCR#300.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]18[/TD][TD]5[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]2[/TD][/TR]

Last edited by a moderator:
The at-vote proposal in the Security Council, "Repeal: Commend Kuriko," is a repeal that adequately summarizes the flaws and general inadequacies with the target resolution. Kuriko, while a worthy candidate, is not done justice in the text of the resolution, which is poorly written and reads off like a laundry list of accomplishments. There are several other inaccuracies with SCR#300, which are written in the text of this repeal in plain view. Ultimately, SCR#300 is a resolution that deserves to be struck from the books of the Security Council, and the author has a replacement ready-to-go for whenever the candidate feels themselves worthy for it.

For these reasons, the World Assembly recommends a vote for the at-vote proposal in the Security Council, "Repeal: Commend Kuriko."

Last edited:
non WA for, target was so shite even Drew Durnil voted against

Last edited:
Present - the resolution being repealed isn't great but I find it odd that the nominee is the one to determine whether or not they deserve recognition by the SC, and the quality of the resolution itself.

Since the replacement likely won't pass and I'd like to see Kuriko keep their shiny badge, I can't vote in favor this.

Edit: Ironically enough, I changed DGES' vote but I am now in favor of the proposal assuming that Morover intends to pursue the replacement.

Count my vote as FOR.

Last edited:
Edit: Oops, I already voted. Never mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back