The meeting of the Imperial council. [Semi-Open]

Greater Ale Permars

RolePlay Moderator
-
The young Sultan Osmanek I dressed in his ceremonial attire his heavy jewelry clinking as he walks down an open hallway after a brief moment he reaches the and opens the door to the Council Chamber. As the young man enters he is greeted by the sight of his advisors, Governors and Grand Vizier debating at the council table. As he passes the threshold into the room it goes silent as the men stop their bickering to stand and bow to their Sultan. The Sultan then gestures for the men to take their seats. As he and the men sit down his Grand Vizier Rifaat passes him a series of documents detailing the current situation of the Empire. As the Sultan boredly looks over these documents Rifaat begins to speak.
"Your majesty I would like to bring to your attention our most current and pressing issue."

The Sultan looked up from the documents. "What is that?" He replied.

"Your majesty, it is the issue of your marriage. As you know the ruling Sultan must be wed as to produce a suitable heir to the throne."

The young Sultan sighed and nodded. "You are right, but find me someone my speed I don't want some boring "high lady." I want someone young, beautiful and exciting to be my Haseki Sultan."

Rifaat responds. "Of course anything to please your majesty. We shall send out the letters of your availability immediately." He moves to get back up but then turns around and faces Osmanek saying.

"Oh, and another thing your majesty. Your sisters Emel and Emiri should we too find them any possible suitors whom they may?"

Osmanek sits silent for a moment and thinks about it tapping his fingers on the table. He responds. "Sure, why not? They are beautiful girls with great minds they deserve someone to compliment them."

Rifaat nods and exits the room.

The Sultan stands up and speaks. "This meeting is adjourned."

The men all stand and bow then shuffle their way out of the room into the open hallway. The Sultan does the same walking back to his chambers to prepare for an event.

The Grand Vizier after some time finishes the letter with it saying. "To the Monarchies and Nobles of Eras, the Grand Sultan Osmanek I of the Aydin Empire would like to issue a statement saying that he is ready to receive any and all royal suitors that may wish to marry his Majesty. And suitors who may like to marry his 18 year twin sisters old sisters Emiri and Emel."

OOC:This letter has only been sent to nations with royalty.

Last edited:
2020年8月16日
16:54
Sun's Day
Sihuan, Zhenmen

"Premier...where did this come from?"

Shi stared at the two well-dressed gentlemen in front of her.

As per the weekly audiences, Mr. Long was supposed to only brief Shi about the business of the week. But then there was Mr. Chen, Grand Chancellor of the Imperial Household Department, with a more pressing issue to discuss.

At first, as Premier, Mr. Long was going to dismiss it. It wasn't until he read the..."eye-opening" letter from a certain Southern Craviterian country when he realized it is not something that can be easily dismissed.

"Aydin Empire, Your Highness..." Mr. Long took a quick draw of breath and sighed. "I am happy to inform you that although I have notified the Cabinet of this letter, I have not disclosed its contents."

"A wise decision." Mr. Chen said, crossing his arms. "Always leave these matters to the Imperial Household Department. We will take care of it."

On the other hand, or on the armchair, sitting while the two men kept standing, Shi read and had to re-read the letter over. Trying to comprehend that this letter is from Grand Sultan Osmanek. A foreign monarch. A head of state no less. The Aydin Empire is a modern country, as much as Prydania and Highton are. They all live in the 21st century and yet...this letter.

How could this still be possible? In this day and age?

"I'm confused... Should I strongly condemn? Or should I seriously consider the background of Aydin culture?"

"Well... Um."

"Then..."

Futile utterances. That's all Shi could get from the only two officials who can help at her present convenience.

Still, it is understandable. Anyone who receives this letter would most likely be speechless.

"Imagine."

Shi spoke, cutting the silence that seemingly plagued the two men into a muted dilemma.

"If my father, the late Emperor, and I wouldn't have been surprised, did the same thing to ask for concubines...countries around the world would have a field day."

My father...my ancestors...they cherished family like horse breeders. Marry multiple women in aristocratic families for prestige, and get off with the poor maids...before making them disappear and, later, find out they impregnated them.

"As much as it is distasteful, Your Highness...we must be respectful in handling this matter." Mr. Long said.

"If not, we will appear ignorant and may be considered discriminatory." Mr. Chen added. "I suggest giving a cordial reply set to the tune of good wishes and the best of luck."

Shi stood up from the chair and walked past Mr. Chen and Mr. Long on her way to her desk. Even if we're royalty...to think anyone would agree to arrange the marriages of their own children in the year 2020. As an institution, monarchy must adhere to higher principles. Not add another reason as to why it is an anachronism.

As she sat down behind her desk, Shi saw the framed photo of her and Han on a vacation in Sakam with their four children from some time ago. Smiling briefly at the sight of Wu and Huáng, who both were noticeably shorter when this picture was taken. Their twins, Jing and Fei, both dropped their ice cream at the same time they took the picture. They both cried afterwards.

Thinking about them and the Grand Sultan's letter made her grit as she pulled out a pen and paper from her desk drawer.

"I would be cursed to even understand such thoughts."

pZgNC1H.png

四环宫
Sihuanslott

Dear Grand Sultan Osmanek,

In receiving your letter, I cannot continue to deliver my fullest reply without thanking you for your kind consideration. The friendship and goodwill between fellow heads of state must be held sacred and celebrated in every opportunity. Especially now, when the world is witnessing violence in Andrenne, Predice, Regunalia, and Stakhr. People rely on their leaders to assure them of security and peace, as is your intention in sending your letter.
Regrettably, I find it too difficult to take on your request. I am sure you and I, as fellow heads of state, understand the fragile nature of our ever-changing societies. Naturally, this fragility stems from the old. As the physical manifestation of these ancient institutions, particularly those without the power to resist popular opinion, have to strive in the service of the people.
I, as head of a constitutional monarchy, cannot be seen in excess of my station, regardless of the titles and dignities I possess. Gone are the days when monarchs served heaven. Now, they reverently serve the people.
Furthermore, as a mother, it is impossible for me to deliver such a request. I must be honest, with all due respect, but I cannot entertain any idea of sending my children or family to wed people they do not love. The times have changed and so did we. I hope you will understand this most profound sentiment.
I wish you luck on your endeavors and may there be prosperity in the relationship between our two great nations.

With deepest regret
Yours very sincerely,
x2V9u2E.png

2020年8月16日

The Grand Sultan
of the Aydin Empire

"I did not literally add good wishes and best of luck, Mr. Chen. Please feel free to rewrite."

"Very good, Ma'am. And what if the Sultan takes offense?"

Shi already pondered about this when she wrote the letter, as it has been discussed. But she does understand why the concern remains.

"Then we'll send another letter, written along the lines of an admission for being economical with the present-day."

"-And tight lips, gentlemen." Shi dropped her pen next to the letter, careful as to not ruin the wet ink. "If the press got a hold of this, they would make their worst assumptions."

Mr. Chen nodded. "There will be an outcry. The feminists and the republicans, and if they intend to stoop any lower than where they are now, will be joined by the ultra-nationalists."

Speaking of outcry, a distant memory has resurfaced. Although it has been wastefully lingering in the farthest reaches of her mind, it surely has found its way back into relevancy. At least for a moment...

"Remember when the papers claimed that I was a feminist?" Shi asked them.

"Yes, an old rumor." Mr. Long answered. "It didn't even last a week."

Shi smirked as she handed the letter to Mr. Chen.

"One should probably re-measure the degree of truth in stories related to that."

Last edited:
It was early in the evening, and the workday was winding down. After several uneventful hours of meetings, Princess Alice was sifting through her mail. A large deck of envelopes had arrived; patients from a children's hospital in Colnesse, in the north of the country, sent letters of thanks after Alice made an appearance at a fundraiser event. One by one, she read every letter, each one eliciting a smile. She knew she'd have to reply to each one of them in time, but her happiness and that of the children made the task worth every bit of effort.

At the bottom of the deck was a letter from elsewhere, and as she reviewed it word for word, her smile turned into a scowl. She wished she had read this particular letter first and then the letters of the children. With the memories of discovering her father's unethical dealmaking resurfacing, instead, she was ending the day angered by the hubris of a foreign counterpart to make his bachelorhood known to her. She was unaware of who else received the letter.

Alice marched down the hall to her sister's office. The door was open, so she had no qualms about barging right in, interrupting whatever was going on. It wasn't much. Isaac, the former speaker who gave up politics to pursue a relationship with Claidie was just helping his girlfriend sort through binders and organize them on the shelves. The couple glanced over at Alice, and Isaac gave a bow while Claidie was much less formal.

"What's up, Allie? What's that?" Claidie asked, noticing the folded piece of paper in Alice's hand.

"I..." Alice stammered while trying to think of how not to send her sister straight into a rage, "... guess you didn't see the letter from the Aydin Empire today?"

"Uh..." voiced a confused Claidie before she turned to her boyfriend. "You didn't see anything from them as you were sorting, did you, hon?"

"Yeah, sorry, I moved your mail to the corner over there," Isaac said, pointing to a corner by the office window. "It's probably there."

"Oh, alright," said a relieved Claidie. She was curious about the urgency that Alice seemed to give the letter, prompting her rush over from the other office. Ordinary letters often failed to prompt such a response. "It's not anything Madeline would classify as yellow or red, is it?"

"Um, no, uh..." Alice said, pausing again, continuing to search for the best way to explain it. "Walk with me, both of you."

The three of them returned from the government office building to Rivage Palace, talking about national happenings along the way rather than about the paper in Alice's hands until they arrived at the hallway between the Chamber of Law (Parliament) and the Chamber of Rule (the throne room). Alice pointed out to the couple the eighteen portraits that lined the hall, each a depiction of one of the eighteen reigning princes and princesses. The portrait of the first prince, Martin, was closest to the Chamber of Law.

"Look at these portraits as we head towards the throne room," Alice pointed out. "You'll notice that every single one of them has a certain... aesthetic; princes in regal tunics and robes adorned with medals of the historic orders, crowned and with a scepter in hand, and princesses in ornate gowns, a tiara, and sash with the orders affixed. Even Liselle kept to the style for her portrait, which for her was weird."

"Okay, but what does this all have to do with that letter?" Claidie asked, perplexed by Alice's thoughts.

"Look at our two portraits. They're different. They don't fit the aesthetic of the rest. It's almost more like portraits of the Prime Ministers," Alice explained. "To me, it symbolizes a new age; the traditions of old washed away."

"You've given this a lot of thought," Isaac complimented.

"And yet we still see things like this," Alice closed, handing the letter to Claidie for her to read.

Claidie spent a mere fifteen seconds reading it, raising an eyebrow as she finished. "It is offensive," she said, handing the letter back to Alice. "Fortunately, matchmaking is irrelevant. I have Isaac, and you and Oliver seem to be getting closer to each other. As far as I'm concerned, we have nothing to give and have no need to respond."

"And the barons who might be interested?"

"They don't have to know. Shred it, and don't tell Madeline we did that," Claidie ordered. "You know she gets furious when we keep stuff out of the archives."

"Right," Alice acknowledged. "Speaking of Oliver, he's actually in town today for some big meeting with Aventeur Automotive executives tomorrow. Should be here in the next hour or so. Dinner tonight? Double date?"

The Imperial Gardens
9:22 AM

Osmanek sat down under his shaded seating area in the garden, the young man was tired after his walk around the gardens and his mind seemed to drift of thinking of his possible wives and whom he would prefer. Suddenly from the far end of the garden a young servant boy approached him with two letters in his hands. They boy made his way across the garden and handed the sultan the letters he carried.

"These letters come from both the Severyn Family and the... uhh, I'm sorry your majesty but I cannot pronounce this last one." The boy said looking disappointed in himself.

Osmanek replied. "It is fine çocuk, now run along." He said shooing the child away. Osmanek opened and read the letters the first of which was the Severyn girl who seemed to be suitable and the refusal from the other was fine and would be addressed in due time. The Sultan making his decision rung a small bell which alerted a servant to the Sultan's need for them. When the servant arrived the Sultan informed the servant of what his wishes were and told give them to Rifaat. The servant then traveled to Rifaats quarters after a few knocks on the door the old Grand Vizier answered his face wizened and weary. The servant informed Rifaat of Osmaneks wishes and he acted accordingly writing two letters conveying the Sultans thoughts.

The First one addressed to the Severyn Family states. "The Sultan accepts your offer of the girl Kateryna we will have her transported via private jet to the capital city of Antalya. From there she will be dressed in clothing befitting of a Lady of her standing and will be taken to meet the Grand Sultan himself. From that point, she will live in the imperial harem and converse with the Queen mother to learn the way of things in the Empire. We hope to see you soon."

As soon as that letter was finished the Grand vizier switches over to the other letter. "To Queen Shin, we understand and thank you for your response."

OOC:çocuk-child

Last edited:
Tobias and Rylond were again sitting on the roof of Absalonhöll enjoying beers as the sun creeped down over the horizon.

"You have to root for Konunglegur Býkonsviði bro" Rylond remarked.
"You're the King. You live in Býkonsviði. The team has the royal title and everything."

"You just want someone to do the whole Miðland/Konunglegur Býkonsviði rivalry thing with" Tobias replied, shaking his head.
"I grew up in Austurland. I'm a Haland fan."

"You don't get it, Toby. You're expected to root for Konunglegur Býkonsviði."

"Yeah" Tobias groaned.
"You can't make me not wear my Haland jersey though, on game day."

"Hey bro, you do you in private. Have you made Alycia a football fan yet?"

"She tolerates it, I think. I'm very grateful" Tobias replied with a chuckle.

"Excuse me, Your Majesty."

"Huh?" Tobias looked behind his lounge chair. It was Elo Daugaard, steward of the Royal household and one of his protectors during the Civil War.
"Elo" he added. He'd had just enough beer that it was getting to him. He took off his aviators and stood up.
"What's the matter?"

"This came for you, Your Majesty. Diplomatic post, addressed the head of state." He explained it matter of factly. Tobias was always a bit embarrassed if someone he knew saw him drunk (unless they were already drinking with him) but Elo knew, and tried to lessen it. He'd known Tobias a long time. He was twenty-five. He was allowed to enjoy himself.

"Interesting" Tobias replied, taking the correspondence.
"Thank you."

"Of course Your Majesty."

Tobias began to open it as Elo took the door back inside of the palace, and then began to read.

"What's that about?" Rylond asked. Tobias didn't answer at first, continuing to read.

"Royal suitors" Tobias replied.

"Eh?"

"The Sultan of Aydin is asking for royal suitors. For himself and his two sisters."

"Oh, and here you are married and boring" Rylond laughed.

"Fuck off" Tobias replied with a chuckle.
"I don't even know who...unless..." he began to laugh more.

"Who?"

"Laurits and Klara" Tobias laughed, referring to his two older cousins.

"Stig's kids?" Rylond replied.
"Yeah good luck getting him to agree to that."

"Much less Laurits and Klara" Tobias replied, still chuckling. The idea of either of them- or Stig- doing this just too amusing.

"So you're not showing Stig then?" Rylond smirked.

"You kidding me? He'd go down to Aydin and slap the Sultan for asking."

"So what are you going to do?"

"Laurits and Klara are the only cousins I have left in Prydania. Everyone else I'm related to is from a Royal family themselves, so they probably got the same letter. So..." he shrugged and folded the paper up and slipped it into his jacket pocket.
"I'll toss it later" he said as he took another Gull beer can from the cooler and cracked it open, putting his sunglasses back on before he re-took his seat next to his friend.

Last edited:
XII год I эры аиш
16.2020.أغسطس
Suntog
Tundun, Makopa

The Kataas-Taasang Punong Umalohokan, otherwise known as the Lord High Herald, is a position of mostly casual routine and, admittedly, not as exciting as poetry.

Gat Mayang's ceremonial duties account for the announcement of parliamentary dissolution and subsequent elections. The office also carries the technical burden of writing circulars from Court. It was some centuries ago, possibly in the 8th Urduja Era, when the position was created in the eve of journalism. The printing press brought in by enterprising traders from Craviter then established the so-called Fourth Estate. It has been both a blessing and a curse ever since.

It is Gat Mayang's job to bring "accuracy" (the official position regardless of truth) in imperial news correspondence and to maintain a separate, more discreet circulation amongst courtiers for detailed announcements. Even if the media doesn't want it. Even if the courtiers themselves don't want it. Even if Mayang doesn't want to do it. That's why she has a dedicated, professional staff to write and report on Imperial Family activities. In a poor comparison, she is like a newspaper owner in this regard.

You see, the Lord High Herald requires only three things: You have a functioning ear, an insignificant ministerial portfolio, and, consequently, you are a member of the current ruling party/coalition.

Luckily (not the right word in retrospect), the Imperial Family was freed from a terminal tumor that would have destroyed the monarchy with it. Now all Gat Mayang has to do is hold down the fort like everyone else in the Household staff.

Eyes and nipples must overstretch to sense a feel at every situation that may threaten the institution.

There was a knock on the door.

Sitting in her office for a while now, Gat Mayang is not expecting anyone in particular. Be that as it may, it has been a while...

"Come in."

A friendly young face enters the room. Recognizable too, so Gat Mayang has to put on her workplace smile.

Gat Mamat bowed her head in greeting. "Ah, Lanang. What brings you here?"

"Gat Mayang." The woman bowed her head. "I've got foreign correspondence to put into the Court Circular."

"Oh. Leave it here to me."

Lanang handed over the document to Gat Mayang.

"Salamat." Gat Mayang bowed her gratitude to the young woman.

"Gat." Lanang said before she promptly left Gat Mayang's office.

Well, it wasn't exciting enough as she hoped. It is going to be a longer while before she finds some entertainment in the cold halls of Tipolo Palace.

The document itself though...now that Gat Mayang has skimmed through some of the words, she finds this peculiar letter from Sultan Osmanek very interesting.

What an odd thing to do. Since when did monarchs ask for suitors abroad by writing to foreign monarchs?

Gat Mayang might be ignorant in this line of discussion since she secretly doesn't like royalty. But it seems very demanding and, possibly, a misstep. Over the mark. If Gat Mayang read this correctly, the Sultan must have certainly caused a stir in every royal court around the world.

Thinking about it...carefully...if this caused a stir in foreign courts...then it's much worse if the public knew about this.

There's only one course of action. Gat Mayang reached for the phone on his desk and dialed in the numbers she knew would solve this problem.

"Kalihim ng Kanyang Kamahalan." A deep, feminine voice answered. "Who's this?"

Otherwise known as the Private Secretary to the Sovereign.

"Punong Umalohokan. I've got the letter from the Aydin Empire."

"Gat Mayang. It'd be wise to get rid of that letter." She heard a gravelly sigh coming from the other end. "Alas, it is against protocol. It must be circulated."

Surprised, Gat Mayang widened her eyes. "S-sa media?"

"No." The Kalihim's voice seemed to drop deeper. "Never. It must be discreet. It will be circulated in the exclusive Court issue."

Gat Mayang nodded to herself . "Will IKKM or the Regent be informed?"

There was a pause. A noticeable apprehension in it.

"Only the Regent. She doesn't need to know."

None of them ever made a decision since 1965. Not anything of their own since 1866... What else is left for them to know?

"Let's talk layout. Should we put the Aydin letter on the frontpage? It's best if Their Majesties and Ladyships discovered it first to avoid an unnecessary delayed surprise. Whether it'd be sunshine or deluge, we'll leave that sa mga Datu at Maginoo. At least I can deal with it early on if they mistook me for having your job."

"Heh." The Kalihim snorted like a pig. "Sorry if I've been selfish. I intentionally avoid that conversation."

"Yeah, and it's none of my business."

"Dealing with...monarchs...royalty and nobility is our business. If there's a royal scandal, we paint it over with our bare hands. If a disadvantageous relationship bears fruit, we cut the roots before it grows. If the monarch points a gun to her head, we try to disarm her with reason... If we could've been successful in that latter score."

"Decay of moral standards died along with it. So I don't feel any loss. If there's any use to this institution, if it can't be political, then it must be an example to lead. How it could lead if the keyplayers themselves are the very example of vice. We had to put up with a woman who has brazen herself with the idea that she could get away with anything. Now that all of that is deep in the mountain. Tucked behind old grand trees, ancient stone, and wild beasts. I celebrate the fact it's over."

"Yes." The Kalihim cleared her throat. "Indeed. I'll...give you the all clear on the layout. In fact, do you as you see fit. Personally, I'd leave it in the back of the circular."

"Alright. Is there anything you'd like to say? Anything you want me to do?"

"Certainly. Be careful with what you say. Don't forget who you're working for."

Gat Mayang laughed at that. Excessively loud. Loud as a car horn in the quiet early day. She can tell the Kalihim was prepared to hang up on her on the noise alone. The prolonging of their discussion is bad enough.

"Salamat, Kalihim." Gat Mayang managed to say as she snuffed her fun.

"Gat Mayang."

The call ended. She put the phone handset back from where it came from. With the letter in one hand and his desktop computer's keyboard under the other, there was a lingering thought in his mind: Sidapa rot all royals.

l1JzWID.png

COURT CIRCULAR – 16.2020. أغسطس

A letter from His Imperial Majesty the Grand Sultan of the Aydin Empire was received by Her Imperial and Royal Majesty at the Court at Tipolo. The contents have been authorized for circulation in this issue:

“To the Monarchies and Nobles of Eras,
“The Grand Sultan Osmanek I of the Aydin Empire would like to issue a statement saying that he is ready to receive any and all royal suitors that may wish to marry his Majesty.
“And suitors who may like to marry his twin sisters Emiri and Emel.”

Any attempt to pursue correspondence in reply to the letter shall be notified to the Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs. As per Batas Dakilang at Datung Perkowinan 1713, princesses and other heirs of the constituent kingdoms below the age of 25 must acquire the consent of Her Imperial and Royal Majesty The Queen-Empress to marry an alien or any person lacking significant Tawalisi ancestry, as may be deemed by the Imperial Household Council. Those above said age require the consent of the Batasang Pambansa.

The enrollment of Her Majesty The Queen of Namayan at the Pamantasan ng Makopa was announced by University Rector Suria Teratai. Her Majesty entered the BA History course.

XII год I эры аиш
17.2020.أغسطس
Muntog
Pansol, Makopa

"It was just a friendly get together-"

"Friendly get together? Wira... You and your girlfriends were surrounding a man...topless."

"What- Since when did the nipple become an issue? We do that at home and at the beach."

"It is when you and a group of the same-sex, half-naked, do it in skinhood with an equally-bare individual of the opposite sex."

And awkward silence...

This prude woman is Siti. As Queen-bee, she's Ungu. Queen of everything except Makopa and the other eight constituent states. Hari Ungu ng Tundun. If you try to mercantize the title, it's Queen Ango of Tondo. Or something to that effect.

And the other woman, the rather handsome woman Siti is talking to, is none other than the most forward-thinking thing in the kingdom. She's got a name too and Siti, despite her ignorance, used the name as it is: Wira.

"I don't think anything you did in our grandmother's apartments were anything but a simple get together." Siti continued.

She's uptight. If anyone would ask Wira right now, she would answer Siti was born with her pinky up.

"And friendly? Well, too friendly for my tastes. For anyone. In all levels of society."

Always has a finger stuck up in her ass. Always plays the good sibling vs bad sibling. Playing to the old-fashioned family dichotomy. Whatever she's doing, she's not impressing anyone...at least at the moment.

"Do you even know how much money I need to spend in the reupholstery? And it's not just the sofas, beds, and carpets. I need to replace furniture and lighting."

Sometimes Wira couldn't believe Siti was her sister. She's too loud yet too reserved. Too nice and too harsh. Too blatant and too prim. A walking contradiction in a royal parade. If Wira wasn't decent, she would've believed Siti was a schizophrenic.

"And the curtains! My gods the curtains."

Her big sister, apart from being an actual queen, is a total drama queen.

"Look." Wira finally found some words to say in her present predicament. Like in previous situations, the best solution to end this as quickly as possible is-

"Let's just get to the punishment. I mean, we're wasting our time debating and talking back and forth without direction or a clear goal in mind. But I do have a goal in mind so the real question here, Sis, is whether you're gonna go straight to the point or I'm just going to find a chair for me to sit on while I'm pretending to listen to you-"

Oh shit.

"Slippery tongue." Wira let herself share the same smile as her overdramatic sister.

Then Siti's phone rang with that dreadful tone from the kid's show Wira always hated. It reminds her of the raisin bread her tutor tried to force-feed her when she forgot to bring a snack on one of their little municipal playground escapades.

"Hello? ... Ah, Regent! Magandang araw sayo ... I trust your wife is enjoying Villa Ligas ... Yes ... Yes ... I am very happy to know that ... and I'll be more happy to know you remember this generosity ... for a thank you in the future ... I think that's fair, don't you think? ... Certainly! ... I look forward-"

"Sucker!" Wira butted in their little tit-for-tat exchange.

"Shhhh!" Siti hissed, blocking the phone. "You're twenty-four. Act like it!"

Wira let Siti do her thing. This kingdom is not big enough for the two of them. If there is any opportunity for her sister to exercise influence, even if it amounted to a small degree of leverage bordering on unconstitutional, she would bite immediately like a rabid bitch. Most likely driven by the lack of real purpose, and she will never admit that. If there is anything she desires, it is tied with her idea of a strong appearance to compensate for the absence of power in her position as a state monarch.

"Your Majesty. Your Highness." Siti's private secretary walked into the room and bowed his head to them. There is a document stuck between his arm and his side. "The Tipolo Court Circular from yesterday, as Your Majesty requested."

"Yes. Salamat, Bulat." Siti received the circular from him. He bowed to her and left without saying another word.

"Here's the deal." Wira wasn't going to wait for it any longer. They haven't eaten dinner and she's feeling empty. She's just going to say it. "I promise that I will accept all kinds—any kind—of what you think is the solution to me as a problem child...problem sibling. Et cetera."

Siti's eyes scanned the first page of the circular. A wicked smile grew on her scheming face. With that look, she set her eyes on Wira. Determination glaring through those evil orbs.

"Deal!"

Wira is a bit late but she's starting to immediately regret what she said.

Before Wira could retract, Siti licked her lips as she turned to her phone. "Your Excellency, I might actually need your help sooner than expected."

Fwggvnm.png

Your Majesty,

As Regent of Her Imperial and Royal Majesty The Queen-Empress, I wish to express my thanks to your consideration. She has just begun her studies in the Pamantasan ng Makopa but she has read the letter and has asked me to personally extend her gratitude.

After careful consultation with the Foreign Office, I have been advised by federal and state authorities to deliver the interests of Her Majesty The Queen of Tundun in this particular matter. She is prepared to propose a marriage between Your Imperial Majesty and Her Highness The Princess Biru Dara.

As you may already know, Makopa-Dyanatsia is a democratic union of two federations. Her Majesty The Queen of Tundun is one of four state monarchs who reign in Makopa. According to the Constitution, foreign policy is the responsibility of the national government. Therefore, it falls upon me, duly authorized by the Cabinet, to communicate on Her Tundun Majesty’s behalf.

Yours faithfully,
SIGNED
Bunao Dalisay
Regent of the Federation of Makopa
President of the Imperial Household Council

IKKM - Ihre Kaiserliche und Königliche Majestät. It means "Her Imperial and Royal Majesty."

"Salamat."
Thank you.

"Magandang araw sayo."
What a nice day today. (Literally means "Good day to you" but that's a farewell in the Mercanti context)

"[...]sa mga Datu at Maginoo."
...to the State Royalty and the Nobility.

Last edited:
OOC: The accompaniment for this is:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_93PWvC2_vU

September 28, 2020
9:45 PM
Antalya, Capital city of Aydin
The Kaşmir Club

Osman looked out across the club from the balcony of his VIP seating, the lights and music blaring with the psychedelic flare that he had become accustomed to over the past two years as he visited clubs like these. The Clubs he frequented were usually of the Neo-disco variety, a new version of an old style of music that once tore its way through the continent. These clubs gave him not only an escape from court but a true place to escape his duties and let loose. He turned around away from the dance floor and into the lounge area that made up his VIP seating area.

The seating was wonderful, velvet couches, pillows to rest on, a full bar attended by a bartender and a private dancefloor. Currently he was accompanied by his entourage and some guests which included his aides, Two models who he met while at a fashion show in Konya, his six bodyguards and a few other socialites who he had allowed into the VIP area. The young man casually made his way to the bar and grabbed a small pink tablet and a glass of champagne quickly after he picked them both up he swallowed the tablet and chugged the champagne.

In a matter of seconds his eyes widened, the room was not only brighter but he felt as if he could almost feel the colors around him. He moved in a sort of dazed state to the private dance floor and surrounded by his dancing entourage he began to dance. He felt whole as if he and the music were one and that where the music went he went. And as the night progressed and the alcohol followed this only made him feel better and his and the members of his entourage to get more extreme. And by the end of the night he was lying half naked on one of those velvet couches in his arms one of those models from Konya who he couldn't remember the name of.
rJX2uS3.png

Last edited:
Palot Roz
Bravondkraj
Arrandal

Jadzia let out a giggle, covering her mouth with her right hand to stifle it, but she couldn’t help herself. It was all so much like a fairytale, the lonely Sultan looking for a blushing bride. Thankfully the letter was short and she let it fall to the desk top while she kept her hound over her mouth.

“That letter has been sent to every monarch on Eras,” Sabesh Kataras, Waiczkomisarz of Foreign Affairs said. She had her own smile, matching the King’s amusement.

Jadzia looked at Gaelen, who as usual was sitting off to the side keeping to himself. “What do you think? Could I be the Sultan of Aydin?”

“You’d be little more than a second string in a male dominated society,” he answered gruffly. “And unlike here, you’d not take the masculine title in your own right.”

This just sent Jadzia into another fit of giggles. Sabesh however pulled the letter over giving it a glance. “I might take him up on the offer,” she said. “I hear he’s handsome. And he’s rich of course.”

“You’re not royalty, Miss Kataras,” Jadzia reminded her jovially.

“Oh, but haven’t I told you I’m a gypsy princess?”

Jadzia laughed again. Most of the men in the room weren’t finding the situation as funny as her. She’d only been eighteen for a few months and had already heard them whispering about her needing to marry and produce an heir. But she certainly wasn’t going to do so by entangling her country with another because of a dynastic marriage. Plus, it would be marrying down. She was a Severn after all.

“You should seriously consider the chance at an alliance with the Aydini,” said Waiczkanszler Czeslaw Rozalvic matter of factly.

She gave him a curt and final, “No!”

“But your majesty...”

She held up her hand stopping him and he fell silent. “This isn’t the age of the Principalities. We don’t need to secure alliances through marriage. We will do so through diplomacy. Unless, Mister Rozalvic, you’d like me to offer your hand to the Sultan in marriage?”

The Waiczkanszler bit his tongue and remained silent. Jadzia noticed the wicked grin on Alvydas Drakoviac’s blind old face. “I am King in Arrandal,” Jadzia reminded the room. “Not some poor little girl in need of a man to secure my crown. Please remember that.”

She turned her attention back to Sabesh Kataras. “Please write up a polite response to his Sultaness declining his offer, and letting him know we find the idea of a dynastic marriage proposal...in poor taste.”

Blaegfjurd Palace
Karthied
Esplandia
The Vestrugat

Emperor Irwin finished reading the letter that had been forwarded to him from his Minister of Foreign Affairs. He poked at his teeth with his tongue, finally dislodging the piece of corn that had gotten stuck there from lunch. He crumbled the letter up into a crinkly ball and tossed it into the bin. He didn’t have time for this nonsense. There was a war on.

Last edited:
Bayyah Na Tyrooz
Palace of the Exalt
Exalted Empire of Astragon

Fazzah approached the firing range skittishly, the sound of pistol fire filled the morning air like thunderclaps, he didn't need to look far for the target of his discussion. Fazzah sighed as he noted the familiar lines of smoke flowing up from one of the firing posts, the distinct scent of red crowns filled the air with its sharp clove laced stink. Sabhrain was dressed in kaiderin military fatigues and sporting red-tinted goggles, she was firing her officer's pistol one-handed, Fazzah noted that the grouping on the target was almost perfect. He waited until she had expended the last of the pistol's clip and then cleared his throat audibly to attract the attention of his sovereign.

"Something I can do for you Vizier?" Sabhrain said bluntly as she pressed another clip into the pistol

"Apologies your Exalt, I was wondering if you had decided on a response to the Aydin proposal?" Fazzah asked in a placating voice

Sabhrain turned, she had a rare smirk on her normally stern face, she motioned with her free hand to the target she had been firing at, the bullet holes almost entirely obscured the letters body but a fragment of the Aydin sigil was still visible despite the burn marks.

"I am no chattel to be wooed and purchased for the entertainment of some pampered boy king! kindly tell the Aydin that while we appreciate their offer it does not suit our situation and we will be declining" She said in a gruff tone before turning back to her target

"It will be as you say my Empress" Fazzah said with a slight bow of his head

The shots began to ring out again as he turned to leave.

XII год I эры аиш
30.2020.أغسطس
Mitok
Somewhere near Antalya, in Aydin airspace

Wira decided to take on this trip by herself. No need to bring a family member since it's no real fuss. Not even an official visit. She only needed her press secretary and the traveling retinue from the household. Even though Siti, no matter how she tried to hide it, didn't really wanted to send her here, she had to concede to her own "mistake" since they were in too deep by the time the Regent exchanged correspondence with the Aydin Empire.

"Your Highness. Before we land, would you like to go over your schedule again?"

"Yes, Agus..." She nodded at her press secretary. It was either stare the time away or use some of her self-indulgent self in actual business.

Agus straightened the timetable on the table. She looked from her seat opposite to his.

"Once we arrive, the Ambassador's car will take us to our embassy where we could rest for a while. After which, you are expected to have tea with the Ambassador and his wife. They will entertain you for two hours. In the next hour, they will introduce you to the embassy staff for a quick meet and greet."

Three hours before meeting the Sultan then. She shook her head. "Any chance we could extend the schedule for an additional hour before I go to the palace? I'd like some time to breathe."

"We'll see to it, Ma'am."

She smiled her thanks. Agus gathered the papers into a neat pile on top of his briefcase. "Would that be all for now, Ma'am? Perhaps you'd like some refreshments?"

"Yes, I'd like a brandy."

Before Agus could speak to the steward he waved over, Wita snapped her fingers to recapture his attention. "Vivancola. I prefer a sugar rush."

"You drank the last one when we departed, Ma'am." The steward told her.

"Ah...Toki's Kola then."

Wita has a weird feeling this is going to be a long arrival. It's better she gets a burst of energy sooner so she could jog her memory in preparation. She already forgot the name of the country she's about to land on.

Last edited by a moderator:
September 30, 2020
8:30 AM
The Yaz Sarayı
Antalya, The Capital District

Osman laid awake in her bed, his eyes wandering around the room examining the space. The room was a sizeable suite in the harem it was filled with comfortable furniture, amenities, and all the comforts a well-liked kadın could ever wish for. The woman beside him was a beautiful one but to him, that did not truly matter to him for she was in truth only a passing fancy. A sudden knock on the door broke his concentration, Osman slid himself off of the bed and picked up his scattered clothing on the ground putting parts of them on as he walked to the door. The knocking continued and after a few seconds of getting himself dressed, he opened the door. On the other side of the door was Riffat he looked tired the bags under his eyes taking center stage on his face. But this perceived tiredness did not seem to slow him down much as he greeted him.

"Good morning Sultanım, how was your night?" He said with unusual gusto. Osman responded with a shrug.

"Well enough I guess, not as exciting as usual but it was acceptable." Riffat chuckled a bit.

"Are you ready for the new arrival?" He said still smiling. Osman stood confused for a moment not remembering exactly what he was referring to. "New arrival?" He asked in an inquisitive tone.

"Ah, you must have forgotten, your new kadın is arriving today. Her plane I believe should have touched down by now." He checked his watch nodding his head. Osman nodded his head seemingly unworried.

"Alright then, have the servants prepare my clothing and my breakfast and in the meantime, I am going to go get a shower." Riffat bowed his head in understanding and walked away to go and perform the rest of his tasks. Osman closes the door and walks into the bathroom and gets himself prepared for the rest of the day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9:14 AM

Osman finished his breakfast of cheese, butter, olives, eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, jam, honey, and kaymak, sucuk, and pişi an overall balanced breakfast which he thoroughly enjoyed. His ceremonial uniform although made it slightly difficult to eat as he had in hindsight put it on much too early. But none the less he was enjoying the morning and looking forward to meeting his foreign bride.

OOC: kadın- Wife/Consort
Sultanım- My Sultan

Last edited:
"The Grand Sultan Osmanek I of the Aydin Empire would like to issue a statement saying that he is ready to receive any and all royal suitors that may wish to marry his Majesty." Alycia looked up from the letter she received and up to Radek with an unamused expression.

"Really now, This little boy king doesn't even have the initiative to personally go out and pursue a courtship or go out on a date? He wants a beautiful bird in his cage but he will do nothing to catch them? He'd have everyone else do all of the work? You said my husband got a similar letter?"

Radek nodded "Yes your Majesty, Tobias got the same kind of letter, they arrived at the same time, not sure what he did with it."

"Well, Toby and I are married, and we have Baldr and Hael. I have to assume they're smart enough to realize that... Then again they did levy this insult in my direction so maybe not. The only other reason I would be getting this letter is they assume I would be willing to arrange some forced marriages... Which is vile. The only option in my family is Elod..." Alycia cracked up a little bit trying not to laugh.

"Your majesty?" Radek asked at her outburst.

"Sis would curse the boy into oblivion and misfortune before he'd even know her name." Alycia sighed as she grabbed what she needed to make a new letter.

"Our people can be known for our... Openness, but a harem... That vile practice just goes against every fiber of our people. When I am done writing this letter, send it as is, I want them to know my thoughts on this word for word... Show Toby the letter first, he might get a chuckle."

To his Majesty
The Grand Sultan of the Aydin Empire
Osmanek I

It is with no regret that I cannot fulfill your request for suitors. I am already happily and lovingly married to my King, and already have children of our own. Norcie is a place known for its people's openness to love, but arranged marriages will never and have never been a staple of Norsian high society. We value freedom of the spirit and body just as we value the world we walk on.

A gilded cage is still a cage. You call for a lovely bird to fly into it, but no bird in their right mind should. To suggest I submit myself, a member of my family, or any of my subjects to sexual slavery to be in this unequal, loveless relationship is a grave insult. Arranged and loveless marriages are the anachronistic and barbaric tools of powermongers that have no care for the family. It is a system that has no place in the modern world.

I humbly suggest the Grand boy Sultan grow up, learn to do things for himself, and find a girl to love himself. It doesn't matter how many girls you press into your vile and wretched gilded cage, you can be surrounded by them and still be alone.

Signed
Alycia Saitta Lodbrok
Empress of the Empire of Norsitica​

Augustus sat at his desk and wiped his eyes. He has seen war, he has seen blood rituals, he has seen his own harem. Never though did he expect to see a letter from a foreign king asking for a member of his Partician class to be sent for a harem, the odd nature of it made Augustus stop and think. His friend Octavian who had been sitting with him stopped what he was doing.

Octavian looked at him:
"Remember what you were like in college, this punk is nineteen. He just wants to get his end wet."

"Yeah Octavian, but this... is bold even for a kid who is spoiled."

"Just don't be too mean in your response."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To his Majesty
Sultan of The Aydin Empire
Osmanek I

While we respect that you would send us a note, I would say my partner is with me. Also, the Patrician class would find this quite insulting. The ladies of this country would find this to be insulting, their families have worked to make a name for themselves. They have dignity, they do not want to be slaves to a child in far off empire. Your barbarian practice need courtship, do you know what love is? Do you know what it is like to be in your lovers arms? Please think about your actions.

While we would say we are honored to be thought of, in honesty we are not.

In closing to the Imperial government of Ayidn, control your Sultan. Do not let someone who has no maturity run your country, find a regent something. We know of his addiction, we know that he is not at state functions. Now we ask do the right thing and either make him step back or find a replacement.

Signed:
Augustus Julius Constatninian
Imperator of The Imperium Epiphani

Last edited:
Wira finally arrived. Talking with the Ambassador and his wife did take away some of the boredom and anxiety of visiting a country she never visited and barely knew about. But when they learned about this, Aydinia became the only topic of their entire conversation. The Aydin Empire sounds like it's playing 4D chess in international politics, but it's all just a name when Wira considers the fact that bandits regularly chase around tourists in this part of Craviter.

It doesn't make any sense. She has seen some police officers on her way to the palace and they all seem well-equipped. If anything, if she was a regular tourist, she should be more afraid of the police. She nodded to this thought with stiff certainty. Aydinia isn't exactly a liberal society. There is no such thing as the democratic will. It'd be the Sultan's will. Aydinia is an absolute monarchy. And if there are any prevailing aspects of an autocrat, its their obsession with martial strength. Or, at least, the appearance due to the lack thereof...

I promise that I will accept all kinds—any kind—of what you think is the solution to me as a problem child...problem sibling. Et cetera.

If Wira was a bit more selfish, she would have never gone this far. To repay back all those years of fooling around, acting like a teenager through and through, despite the fact she is at that age when young people like her should get a job.

"This way, Your Highness."

Wira nodded to her Aydin guide as she followed the way. Her mind is very much occupied by thoughts. Her hands clenching at the uncomfortable feeling of the unknown.

It didn't help that she stands out. Her earthy complexion in the midst of fairer, taller, and foreign people, makes her feel kind of isolated. She was a stranger in a strange country, with bizarre troubles and an antiquated system of governance. Never mind if things looked modern or close to home when life here must be oppressive.

Fuck! Why did I tell Agus to stay behind at the embassy?

She felt the back of her neck stiffen. Rubbing it hard, not caring if the spot turned red, it wasn't really about the stiffness. She just wanted to grab her neck and choke herself. What was I thinking?! This is a mistake!

Trying to keep it together, she stopped touching her neck and closed her eyes. I can fake this. She needs to at least put up a façade. She continued walking with a tight blankness on her face. If she is going to deal with this and accept the consequences, she should at least give herself some credit and express some of her frustrations. Her arms swaying casually as she walked.

Let's see what this sultan is about.

Last edited:
OOC Musical Accompaniment: https://youtu.be/jbeyYwSwE0g

The Palace was well decorated for the occasion the walls were draped with large flags and banners displaying the heraldry of the Aydin Imperial family. A large red velvet carpet had been rolled out in preparation for the princess's arrival, large floral arrangements were dotted around the courtyard, the Imperial guardsmen stood at attention waiting for her arrival. All the while Osman stood inside waiting to step out of the reception hall and receive her. There was no press in the courtyard, no citizens to watch as he meets the young princess from a faraway kingdom.

This was the time-honored tradition for hundreds of years, in which the Sultans of Aydin keep the future and current members of the Imperial Harem obscured and hidden from the public as they feared the possibility of someone coveting one of their many wives. So one of their many ways to prevents this was to obscure the members from the public eye. Osman had been thinking about this for years his mind going back and forth about the ethicality of it all but other things had caught his eye. Specifically the prospect of a beautiful Haseki Sultan, one who would be able to hopefully provide him the heir that he desperately needs.

Osman sat in the reception hall, slowly getting bored as he waited for the princess's arrival he got up from his chair and stretched. Mid stretch Osman turned his head to look at the servant boy, in his hands was a note-taking it from the servant, and looking at the note he discovered it was from the ambassador in which he informed Osman that she is on her way and to prepare for questions.

A few minutes later rolling through the gates came a black sedan along with its escort. No fanfare just the sound of humming engines. The cars make their way to the side of the red carpet and after a moment the doors open and a woman steps out and walks to the center of the red carpet and faces the door. A guardsman beside the door began to announce. "I present to you His Imperial Majesty Osmanek the first, Grand Sultan of the Aydin Empire." The doors to the hall slowly opened and out from it came a young man from what Wira could tell he was about 5'11, with brown hair and soft blue eyes. Dressed in what looked to be a military uniform this young man walked down the stairs and onto the carpet. As he stepped onto the carpet all of the guardsmen began to bow as he passed them. Eventually making his way to Wira he looked at her greeting her with a smile.

Last edited:
OOC Notice: In the duration of this RP alone, I have changed my main RP nation two times ( -_- ). Hopefully, this time will be the last time. Also @Greater Ale Permars, no need to reply to the letter ( ^o^ ). I just made that to demonstrate the new canon of RP nation "United Federation" (Formerly Makopa/Makopa-Dyanatsia).

DrhSn95.png

Apart from their certainly unique religion and architecture, Wira could not see much difference between Aydinia and other Craviterian countries. Like a typical Craviterian monarchy, it has the same pomp and finery. Though, she supposes, it's still a stark difference from Tagapanon wooden palaces. Well...what else could she say? If she were brutally honest, the imperial residence and the transportation, all seems very Snob Hill. Nothing more or less, just moderately stereotypical to the occasion. If that makes sense. It doesn't need sense, anyway. Her thoughts, her mind, to keep.

Wira already saw what the Sultan looked like in a profile sent to her weeks in advance. Now that she could see him up close, it only confirmed her suspicions. He's definitely younger than me. Supposedly, this man has spent much of his reign having fun like a parentless, young adult with unlimited access to an enormous trust fund (definitely not ignoring the fact that she's not guilty of essentially the same thing).

Wira smiled back. Though unsure of the greeting customs in this country, she can't just stand here and do nothing. Dolled up in a pantsuit and some diamond brooch they put on her. She curtsied and bowed her head. "As-salaam 'alykum, Your Majesty." She greeted in Mehrabic.

As-salaam 'alykum - Here as in RL, I assumed this is a common "Mehrabic" greeting. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Transcript:

United Federation සනිබ්-කලිපුනන්
T'inki Huqa
HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT • SALURONG, FEDERAL CAPITAL REGION​

His Imperial Majesty
Osmanek I
Grand Sultan of the Aydin Empire
Antalya

Your Majesty,

On behalf of the United Federation of Iteria, I would like to express again our gratitude to this new chapter of friendly relations between our two countries. We also hope this marriage will usher in a new era of mutual understanding and respect between the peoples of the Aydin Empire and the United Federation. As fellow heads of state, it is our sacred duty to secure the full blessings of peace and friendship with our global partners.

As High Representative of the United Federation, it is my solemn oath to be uphold and embody, with grace and dignity, the sovereignty of the people of the United Federation. It falls upon me to ensure our ideals and customs will be respected at home and abroad. I am writing this on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen of the Namyan Kingdom. She has asked to inform you her sister, Her Highness The Princess Biru Dara, accepted the invitation understanding it is only a proposal, not the acceptance thereof.

If ever the proposal reached a favorable, consensual conclusion, the Supreme Batasan—Legislature of the United Federation, must first vote to approve the marriage. Under Batas Dakilang at Datung Perkowinan Act of 1923, all princesses and other heirs of the constituent kingdoms of the United Federation must acquire the consent of the Supreme Batasan for marriage, However, there should be no due cause for concern. This is a matter of tradition. That being said, I must ask Your Majesty to understand and respect this custom as only a matter of tradition. Unless extraordinary circumstances demand otherwise.

May we continue to work towards a brighter future, united in common cause, together.

Sincerely yours,
Signed
Aisha Timuan
High Representative
of the United Federation of Iteria

Last edited:
Osman took her hand and laid upon it a light kiss. "Wa-Alaikum-Salaam, your highness." He said still smiling."It is wonderful to finally be meeting you." Wira smiled, trying to hide her obliviousness and growing uncertainty about this situation. Though admittedly, she is kinda excited. This sort of arrangement weirdly reminds her of her swinger days. Since Aydin is a polygamist country, would that make her a swinger for life? She let these thoughts creep back into the depths of her mind. She said, the frankest she can be,

"So. Where to?" Osman, although a little surprised by her forwardness, responded in kind.

"Well, I'd think it'd be best if you'll be staying here for a while to get acquainted with the palace, so how about a bit of a tour?" He said gesturing again to the palace entrance.

"Oh, yes." Wira smiled and nodded. Staying here? That didn't cross her mind. Either it entered one ear and slipped out the other end, or he is insisting on the spot. Most likely, her being forgetful, it's the former. Osman began to walk inside and Wira followed, this hadn't been the first time he had given a tour, he had always liked to show his dates around the palace it was his way of not only getting to know them but to show them just what they were getting into.

"So welcome to my lovely home, I know it's a bit quaint but it's home." He said jokingly, the palace was huge filled to the brim with spectacular architecture, gold, and more. Over 900 years of history was stored in the place but that never really mattered to him, it was always just home or a convenient place to throw parties that would put even the parties of gods to shame.

"Quaint is just...one word." Wira wanted to laugh. She permitted herself a small giggle. Oh, look. A bigger place to trash. Heh. Wira toyed her surroundings in her thoughts. She has never held any regard to the family palace. She doubts she can do the same here, but the legal and cultural deterrents might just keep her at bay. Out of her kingdom, Wira is fully aware of the absence of extrajudicial privilege.

"I know right." Osman chuckled a bit as they continued walking. "So tell me, what's your life story?”

OOC: Co-written with @Pikabo

Last edited:
"My life story?" Wira was about to burst into laughter at Osman's question if it wasn't for the fact that she is careful. At least for now. She's generally tolerant of other people's cultures, but she's not digging this country's politics at all. "Where do I begin? Hmm..." She smirked. "Technically speaking, I don't have a 'life story.' I'm not dead, yet. So there's no 'life' to tell." She snorted. "However, I can tell you I've survived 22 years in a high-income society. Said society is part democracy, part monarchy, part republic, part several countries, part many things in between... And I'm surprised I didn't go mad."

If only she was really honest about herself and willing to risk the shame or violent reaction to her life so far...

Osman laughed, but deep down he sensed her apprehension. "That sounds like one confusing existence." He said with a smile, continuing to walk down the hall with her at his side.

"But I for one am not one to judge anyone's life, as I not exactly the perfect example when it comes to my own." He said with a small laugh, the two eventually made their way to the main courtyard of the Palace, it was a beautiful and peaceful place with a grassy area in its center with a fountain in the center and benches, tables and chairs spreadout around the place, a few people were sitting by the fountain discussing and others were just passing by. Osman turned to Wira, "This is the main palace courtyard, its mainly a place I can go at times to collect my thoughts and converse with palace staff but it isn't exactly my most favorite spot in this place."

Osman had enjoyed spending time in the main courtyard over the years, but when it truly came to his most favorite part of his palace it would always be the Saray*, a place where he could really relax and take his mind off of the matters of state.

Wira nodded it off when Osman mentioned not one to judge anyone's life. Either he is well aware of Wira's escapades or is just trying to make things sound comfortable to her, Wira wasn't prepared to bank on that and be confident and up front about everything. When they arrived at the main courtyard, Wira was a bit surprised at the sight of other people settled in the gardens. Courtiers, most likely. She expected some measure of privacy. Perhaps that's because she's lived in a society that has grown increasingly hostile towards elitism, especially those of hereditary descent. "Looks kinda...busy. Is this always like this?" Osman turned to her.

"It depends, most of the time there are few to no people here as they are preforming some sort of work or task but today it is a day off for them so they may recouperate and they use the courtyard as such. As is why I spend more time in the Saray* instead of just the main courtyard."

Huh. So these are his staff. Wira hunmed her acknowledgement to that. Oddly progressive. And... "Saray?" Osman laughed to himself for a moment.

"I forgot you are not familiar with some of our terms, well the Saray is the secluded section of the palace, where my quarters are and those of the Harem." He said continuing to laugh. "We can visit there next, I prefer it to the more crowded nature of the rest of the palace."

Feeling's mutual. Wira doesn't mind a crowd. She enjoys the publicity, good or bad. It's the punishment that usually follows a scandal she's worried about. She doesn't want to learn what punishment means here. "Oh, yes. Let's go." She answered, plainly.

Osman began to walk towards the other end of the courtyard Wira at his side, past the few courtiers in the grass and down through the hallway at the other end. After walking a moderately long distance the pair finally arrived at the entrance to the Saray, the door to the place was small and seemingly unimportant looking.

"Nice door." She almost snickered.

Osman laughed as well. "It is pretty underwhelming isn't it, then how about we take a peek inside. " He said as he moved his hand to open the small and shabby door.

OOC: Co-written by @Pikabo

Last edited:
OOC Notice: Co-written by @Pikabo and @Greater Ale Permars.

"Woah." Wira was a little...confused. But if she was more honest about the situation, it's pleasant and sudden at the same time...and it's kinda making her feel something. She smirked. Kind of early for boy king to introduce me to this. The Sultan already presented his harem. Is this guy trying to initiate an impetus to a certain activity? Or, based on the stiff looking men around, it's just Wira being hyperactive with her adventurous imagination? She looked at the Aydini monarch and asked, still smirking, feeling mischievous, "Am I going to do an audition?"

Osman chuckled. "Possibly." He said, smirking. "That all depends on how the rest of this tour goes."

Wira nodded, with the same emotion she'd give when responding to a cashier. She didn't want to look overeager about things. The last thing she wants a foreigner to think is a confirmation to the Makodyan stereotype. No fucking thanks to you sex industry. Looking at the harem, then at Osman, then back to the harem. "Are we going to greet them or are they busy?" Wira furrowed her brows. The weird silence following Osman's ambiguous reply is starting to make her feel kinda creeped out.

"No, no, no the guards are meant to stay silent while in this place." He gestured to the only other men in the room. "But let's get out of this courtyard and head inside, the guards have always creeped me out a bit." The two walked inside, and stepped into the Harem proper. The interior was a beauty to behold, marble and gold lined the walls, the floors were exquisitely tiled, filled color and patterns. Around the room sat multiple women all seated around the room conversing with one another, reading or partaking in one of the several Šīšah placed around the room. As soon as he entered the room the women stood and bowed, Osman as was tradition bowed back in respect to them. "This." Osman said. "Is one of the several lounges dotted around the Harem, it is where you may converse with others, indulge in the Šīšah and relax during the day." This was one of his more favored spots in the Harem, the calm relaxing atmosphere always brought up his mood no matter the circumstance.

Wira snorted inwardly when he broke the silence. The room, on the other hand, is making things a lot brighter. She also feared this experience was bound to be bland and prude. Even with the harems, these people are Mehrabists. Well, if it was going to be that way, at least it won't be too garish anytime soon. Seeing the woman here and that this is just one of the other lounges, Wira grew curious as she looked at the šīšah and watched the women indulge themselves. "So, how many of them do you have?"

"The girls? Well about eighteen women in total." He said, turning his head to look at her. "But there are others who live here, like servants, cooks, and my sisters all live and thrive within the walls of this place."

"But..." He said laughing a little to himself. "Back in the day, there used to be over one hundred women living here at one time, there used to be a large apartment block outside which held the wives and families of my predecessors, but in the eighties they were all torn down, too impractical to house so many women."

One. Hundred. Women. As the Northerners' say, Christ! This country is CRAZY. Polygamy is still a thing back at home, but not to the extent of Mehrabist harems. And this only ended in the 1980s! Damned horny bastards. The succession line must be a forest by now. Wira was inwardly laughing. She covered it up with fake coughing and putting her hand over her lips in pretend reflex. "Did your predecessors keep all the women? What happens to them after their husbands die?"

"Well, we kill them and then bury them with their husbands of course.” He said pausing for her reaction.

Wira mirrored the crazy Sultan’s face. It went on a short but very uncomfortable moment. Until it dawned on her that the Sultan is just being a dickhead. “Get out of here!” She laughed.

Osman laughed out loud. “The look on your face was priceless, of course we don’t kill our wives that would be barbaric, after the death of the husband a wife can either stay in the harem or leave and be provided a pension.”

It didn't surface but Wira was actually willing to accept his joke as reality. You never what these countries are until they chew you out. She looked at Osman, swirling a cursory pointy-figure at all directions. "So, where to now?"

Šīšah is Aydin's version of Hookah.

Back