Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
ga.jpg

Right to Life
Category: Civil Rights | Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic
The General Assembly,

Believing that all people deserve a chance of life, regardless of aggravating circumstances,

Noting the will of some World Assembly nations to take away this chance of life from people for either sport or punishment,

Further realizing that no restrictions have been placed on recreational murder in World Assembly nations,

Hereby:
  1. Subject to extant World Assembly legislation, bans the intentional killing of any person for recreational, punitive, or administrative purposes, except when the express and well-informed consent of the person who is being killed has been granted or as a part of hostilities involving armed forces during wartimes or similar;

2. Forbids the deportation of people to any nation where they have a credible or substantive risk of being killed for the purposes listed under clause one of this resolution;

3. Clarifies that all subjects of euthanasia and other forms of assisted suicide are subject to all other General Assembly legislation.

4. Further clarifies that actions taken for defensive reasons are not legislated upon within this resolution.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Last edited:
Against. I know this is a minefield, but person needs to be defined. Otherwise, this could be use to prevent abortion legislation. If person were defined, depending on how, I would vote for.
But if that is the case, it would contradict existing GA laws, making this proposal illegal.

For.
Against. I know this is a minefield, but person needs to be defined. Otherwise, this could be use to prevent abortion legislation. If person were defined, depending on how, I would vote for.
My reading is that clause 1 is overridden by other resolutions, thereby making this a non-issue: "Subject to extant World Assembly legislation, bans the intentional killing of any person for recreational, punitive, or administrative purposes, except when the express and well-informed consent of the person who is being killed has been granted or as a part of hostilities involving armed forces during wartimes or similar;"

Author, so I must abstain.

But if that is the case, it would contradict existing GA laws, making this proposal illegal.
"Subject to extant World Assembly legislation..."
This was intentionally added - unless all abortion resolutions are repealed (which won't happen), it will not affect abortion. If, for whatever reason, they begin to be repealed, I will draft up a repeal for this personally to ensure that this doesn't affect abortion (assuming this passes, that is). I can guarantee that such won't happen, though.

Against. This proposal expressly bans capital punishment. The big trouble with this, regardless on one's stance, seem to be that past GA laws seem to allow nations to practice the death penalty, and while they may not necessarily say "nations can kill their citizens for killing people or other bad things", lots of GA resolutions that concern execution usually have a clause allowing it in some form or another. As such, this proposal may even be illegal.

EDIT: never mind! Abstain

Last edited:
Wait, wait, wait, is this proposal banning capital punishment like what Comfed said?

Yes. However due to P Innocents, capital punishment is impossible in practice without time travel.
You mean the Preventing The Execution Of Innocents resolution? Can you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back