The Eurovision Thread

Denmark, arguable but Iceland was real cool. It stood out in a special way a bit like Hard Rock Hallelujah however this ome was a bit darker. I liked the meaning of the song.

It was somewhere in the middle of my ranking of all ESC songs that year. A strange but alright song.
Iceland was... strange for me. I didn't like it.
- Cringed
- Got scared (With that reminders)
- Lost my ears (To loud reeeeee [Like, not seriously, but it was too loud])

I hated that part in the televote where they showed a flag of Palestine... It was a big disrespect, and the should havebeen removed all of their points just for that.

I kinda liked portugal. It was too strange tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm annoyed that my country, the UK is useless at Eurovision. We never do well!

I'm annoyed that my country, the UK is useless at Eurovision. We never do well!
I think you underestimate the UK's participation in Eurovision: has won the competition five times. Only Ireland and Sweden have beaten the UK more times. UK is one of the greats of the contest.

By the way, I'm not british :D

Also, UK is the country with the most amount of second positions in all history of Eurovision. Fifteen! But I agree that this was long time ago, and now UK doesn't find the key to rank better.

I think you underestimate the UK's participation in Eurovision: has won the competition five times. Only Ireland and Sweden have beaten the UK more times. UK is one of the greats of the contest.

By the way, I'm not british :D
No! We have been useless for the past 10 years or so, and despite often sending decent songs, we do terrible! It's all because of Brexit in my opinion. Brexit was a stupid idea.
Eurovision: With orchestra or not?
Please give your opinion!
Without. Classical music is boring, and it isn't quirky like the rest of Eurovision is. It just doesn't fit.

No! We have been useless for the past 10 years or so, and despite often sending decent songs, we do terrible! It's all because of Brexit in my opinion. Brexit was a stupid idea.

Without. Classical music is boring, and it isn't quirky like the rest of Eurovision is. It just doesn't fit.
I repeat. Never in Eurovision classical music has been present. You can look every edition in its history to prove it. And look another time my second reply: orchestra fits perfectly with today's music. I'm gonna post again the two videos I used to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlDYT2ROFcE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN4ju12NH_s

Eurovision: With orchestra or not?
Please give your opinion!
Not, I understand your opinion but I feel like some songs nowadays would not work as good as if they were performed by an orchestra. And an orchestra is old-fashioned which would probably disappoint the younger audience which is the audience eurovision must take care off the most. I have "Grab the moment" as a song which I believe is hard to recreate using an orchestra.

Obviously, having an orchestra doesn't oblige to use it. Since 1973, Eurovision had a rule that allowed countries to choose between three options about the music:
- 100% Live
- 100% Prerecorded
- Mix with some parts live and some parts prerecorded, according to preferences of every country.

What I think is that is simply UNACCEPTABLE that Eurovision forbade live music. In a song contest, every country and every artist should have freedom of choice.

Obviously, having an orchestra doesn't oblige to use it. Since 1973, Eurovision had a rule that allowed countries to choose between three options about the music:
- 100% Live
- 100% Prerecorded
- Mix with some parts live and some parts prerecorded, according to preferences of every country.

What I think is that is simply UNACCEPTABLE that Eurovision forbade live music. In a song contest, every country and every artist should have freedom of choice.
If 2020 esc wasn’t cancelled I would love to see “release me” (Belgium) on orchestra.

I repeat. Never in Eurovision classical music has been present. You can look every edition in its history to prove it. And look another time my second reply: orchestra fits perfectly with today's music. I'm gonna post again the two videos I used to prove it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlDYT2ROFcE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN4ju12NH_s
That actually looks like a cool idea. But still no.
If 2020 esc wasn’t cancelled I would love to see “release me” (Belgium) on orchestra.
Yesssssssss. I love 'release me' so much!
"Release me" is the type of music I listen to when I can't sleep.
Same.
But "release me" wasnt my favourite. "Repondez-moi" (Switzerland) was my favourite. Or mabye the Bulagian song, "Tears getting sober"

Same.
But "release me" wasnt my favourite. "Repondez-moi" (Switzerland) was my favourite. Or mabye the Bulagian song, "Tears getting sober"
I didin't like "release me". They campaign they made #HooverphonicforBelgium (it was called something like that) was cringey for me.

And the best was Switzerland! I agree! Repondez-moi is very good!

Greece was also nice on 2020

Same.

I didin't like "release me". They campaign they made #HooverphonicforBelgium (it was called something like that) was cringey for me.

And the best was Switzerland! I agree! Repondez-moi is very good!

Greece was also nice on 2020
Répondez-moi wasn’t my piece of cake. My favourite songs were definitely Malta, Iceland, Lithuania, Israel and Germany.

I also liked Poland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy, Bulgaria and Russia.

Répondez-moi wasn’t my piece of cake. My favourite songs were definitely Malta, Iceland, Lithuania, Israel and Germany.

I also liked Poland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Italy, Bulgaria and Russia.
Did you read my mind or something? I have a spotify playlist with all my favourite ESC 2020 songs on it, and all of those countries songs are on it (plus spain, cause spains song is awesome)

I wanted Malta, Lithuania or Iceland to win because they all had real good songs and all three of them have never won before!
Or Switzerland. They never, ever win! I also loved Bulgaria and Romania. They were good. Also, I grew to like the Austrian song, which is kinda like Bruno Mars and Michael Jackson put together!

@Ihese Eurovision will almost certainly be without audience this year, leaving (some) artists with an empty hall. Filling the hall with an orchestra would be a nice idea.

I have no clue why they changed the great logo, this one is a bit odd.

For me the biggest winner last year was Dadi, by far, but... you never know in Eurovision and there are always some dark horses around. Belgium was boring, Lithuania hyped, Sweden the same, Italy was good like most years and Russia was funny, although I hate that kind of music. I do not believe Dadi can come with a song as good as Think about Things, which is sad. Even worried that returning artists pick worser songs (for example Israel)

Last edited:
Back