The Eurovision Thread

Ihese

Ihese
TNP Nation
Ihese
Good night, The North Pacific! Vissette calling. What you think about Eurovision? Which song of this contest you like the most? Since when you have been seeing ESC? This thread is for you, Eurovision fan!

Hello Ihese. I’ve been following it since I was able to walk. Yes, watching the Eurovision is a great tradition for me and my family and friends. Favourite song ever is Dancing Lasha Tumbai and then my second favourite is actually one from my own country! Waterloo by ABBA!

Waterloo was chosen the best song in Eurovision history! That song changed it all! Sweden makes the difference in Eurovision. Here in Spain is also a tradition to see family and friends, but TVE doesn't want to win Eurovision because of lack of money and always send pure cr... bad songs.

Well Sweden goes try hard every year and wants to win it. I think another reason why Spain send in bad is because they want to make up for being in the big five and gaining automatic promotion. All Spanish songs aren’t that bad. La Venda was good... until I saw what a big joke the staging was.

Well Sweden goes try hard every year and wants to win it. I think another reason why Spain send in bad is because they want to make up for being in the big five and gaining automatic promotion. All Spanish songs aren’t that bad. La Venda was good... until I saw what a big joke the staging was.
Yes! We remember the good all days when we sent songs like Nacida para amar, Vuelve conmigo, Bailar pegados... Those were the days Spain toke the contest seriously...

Yes! We remember the good all days when we sent songs like Nacida para amar, Vuelve conmigo, Bailar pegados... Those were the days Spain toke the contest seriously...
Ven, vuelve conmigo
Dale a este invierno calooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor!

That singing was a-mazing.

Anabel Conde has been criminally underrated after the contest. A wonderful singer like her should have a great career, but currently she's teaching in a school music...

Last edited:
Anabel Conde has been criminally underrated after the contest. A wonderful singer like her should have a great career, but currently she's teaching in a school music...
That's sad to hear :(

Her students must be lucky to have her as their teacher though! :D

EDIT: Well, even if Spain sends good stuff, it is underrated anyway, you know, like Pastora Soler. Those are some strong lungs.

Last edited:
Well, Spain use to make half job. If the singer is powerful, the backing not so; if the backing is good, the singer is awful; if the singer and the backing is good, the performance is not worthy... This way, Spain make sure to not win because of the budget. TVE is always in a precarious economical situation, and also remember the economical disaster that was hosting the contest in Madrid on 1969.

I've been following the ESC since 2004 when it was held in Turkey. I'm not particularly thrilled with how the voting system has changed in recent years but so far I've still watched every competition for the past 15 years (obviously excluding this year here since the competition was cancelled). That also includes the two competitions when I lived in Japan. I would get up very early in the morning to see it. I don't think I could name a favorite song though. I've actually found that in some cases, I liked non-ESC songs better of some singers that I've only got to known through the ESC. ;)

Last edited:
Every year, for a long time, we vote for the songs that we like the most and that we'd like to win. We had a lot of fun watching the contest with family and friends, although our bets don't always match the winning song ^_^

Last edited:
Icon...

PlumpDigitalAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f734f7671326f476e736b623579413d3d2d3439393036363730322e313531363536653136646165633233393736323938323439383033322e676966

I'm sorry but I completely disagree with you. La Venda staging was the most creative, probably, and we got robbed...

Last edited by a moderator:
The staging was too much. It felt like watching a high school play. It’s unique staging but I kinda understand why no one else uses it. It’s not that inspirational. I like when less is going on so the song can take more place. Obviously you need a good staging as well but that looked like something from a children’s program.

The staging was too much. It felt like watching a high school play. It’s unique staging but I kinda understand why no one else uses it. It’s not that inspirational. I like when less is going on so the song can take more place. Obviously you need a good staging as well but that looked like something from a children’s program.
It was designed for that song. I think that it's more that people didn't catch the song at all.

I think that it is much better than a single color background or some lyrics background. Look at San Marino 2019.

I think the best winner in history is Salvador Sobral with his song "Amar pelos dois". In a moment that all of us thought that was impossible to win ESC without a big performance and lots of effects, Sobral came and taught us the beauty of the simplicity, the power of a song that no one understood by the language, but all Europe understood with the heart.

I think the best winner in history is Salvador Sobral with his song "Amar pelos dois". In a moment that all of us thought that was impossible to win ESC without a big performance and lots of effects, Sobral came and taught us the beauty of the simplicity, the power of a song that no one understood by the language, but all Europe understood with the heart.
I liked more Bulgaria in 2017. More active, more... I don't know how to describe it.

I personally didn't like Amar pelos dois, but that is an opinion.

It was designed for that song. I think that it's more that people didn't catch the song at all.

I think that it is much better than a single color background or some lyrics background. Look at San Marino 2019.
I liked the colourful background however the dance and staging didn't make it look that serious and as if it didn't want to win..

I liked more Bulgaria in 2017. More active, more... I don't know how to describe it.

I personally didn't like Amar pelos dois, but that is an opinion.
Even though I liked both Bulgaria and Portugal my favourite that year was Belgium.

I liked the colourful background however the dance and staging didn't make it look that serious and as if it didn't want to win..
Your opinion is that, and mine is that I loved it... End of dillema.

In 2019 there were some songs that passed but shouldn't have to...

Why did Denmark and Iceland pass? (I cringed at both lol)

Your opinion is that, and mine is that I loved it... End of dillema.

In 2019 there were some songs that passed but shouldn't have to...

Why did Denmark and Iceland pass? (I cringed at both lol)
Denmark, arguable but Iceland was real cool. It stood out in a special way a bit like Hard Rock Hallelujah however this ome was a bit darker. I liked the meaning of the song.
Portugal was cursed in 2019 XD
It was somewhere in the middle of my ranking of all ESC songs that year. A strange but alright song.

Ne partez pas sans moi, laissez-moi vous suivre
Vous qui volez vers d'autres vies, laissez-moi vivre
La plus belle aventure, le plus beau voyage
Qui mène un jour sur des soleils, sur des planètes d'amour

-Celine Dion, 1988

Back