Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
VKAxt7vS-QZnJFhOG-4orIWTDMxjV-CcqNzGoNqgoXthUMxHPoAbPUE1w8D85CuSR5nDi1gt4WsahLkhx-n9Seuf2sb2f4vk1ibOzVjZj1r32AvICXOHU-gP4Eq0VnFSC9uU-HU_

July Report
July 8, 2020

We're already approaching the halfway mark. Time sure seems to be flying while at home we mostly seem to be staying still. There thankfully were no fires for us to put out, and our roster changes were more gradual and easy to keep track of. What we were able to do this month was make some headway with our projects. Along the way, sadly, we lost our deputy Pierce to the world beyond the game. Sanjurika has stepped into the role he was meant to be doing quite well, however, but it strikes me as a great opportunity for an aspiring member of the diplomatic corps to step up and be counted if you want to get more involved with the ministry. This new deputy would be responsible for keeping track of applications to the FA staff and managing diplomatic postings. It's mostly clerical but it will also allow you an opportunity to help shape the training and onboarding of the staff, something that always has to be done every term and can outlast whatever specific things we do in these 4 months. Do reach out to me if that is something that interests you.

The following are the new appointments that have been made since the last report:

@Miravana was appointed to the Land of Kings and Emperors (replacing Tomb)
@saintpeter was appointed to The Black Hawks
@unavailable2 was appointed to Gay
@Miky was appointed to the Union of Democratic States (replacing Pakchi)
@The New Cordian Empire was appointed to Spiritus (replacing Inte Kok), before resigning the post and being replaced by @King Arthur I
@Javas was appointed to Canada (replacing Beleriandas)
@Comfed was appointed to Wintreath (replacing Middle Vers)

The ministry has updated our roster of diplomats, dismissing those who have since left the region or the game, and accepted 8 newcomers to our staff: Somaliland 1, Miky (assigned), Alexander J Farson, Comfed (assigned), SCP Faudation, The Noviosyus, Raj Devre, Liberimarcat

The biggest thing to update you on this month is the World Factbook. We have completed the entries for Spiritus, Gay, South Pacific, Lone Wolves United, and The Land of Kings and Emperors, and are taking them to the final editing stage ahead of when they can be published. We have now published the entries for Forest and The Pacific, with the rest to follow soon. Our ambassadors are moving on this faster than ever, and we should see may more entries the weeks ahead. One thing in particular we will be focusing on going forward is making sure these entries stay updated, as the publishing of the most recent two was the first time the main dispatch had been updated in a while, and there are still some individual pages that need to be cleaned up as well. Regions like DSA will also have to have their entries removed from the main dispatch as our embassies close, which creates a question about what to do with the older pages. This is one of the many questions we will have to answer as we get more accustomed to this project being a part of the FA ministry.

When it comes to the UCR Outreach Program, we always seem to be quite a ways away whenever we consider the big picture. We're giving potential partner regions a lot of space and time to settle their ongoing affairs, such as elections, while keeping the channels open. Tlomz continues to be doing a great job with this effort, and we may see some movement with Spiritus. As always, if anyone is interested in assisting with this, whether you are currently part of the FA staff or not, you can reach TlomzKrano on the forum or Tlomz#1590 on Discord.

I am glad that so many of our staff had the opportunity to take on new assignments, and have been thriving in those roles. The biggest joy for me this term has been seeing the enthusiasm of the up and coming diplomatic staff. As it builds, the World Factbook really looks like it's going to be something special, and I hope that by the end of the term we will all be more used to having it around and keeping it going. It can be a lot, but the more practice we get, the better ministry we will leave for future ministers and diplomats. We just have to keep cranking away, and I know most of you are up for it. Keep being awesome, and let's keep building the momentum for the rest of the term.

-Pallaith

Last edited:
Hello Pallaith,
Thanks for the report. I think I am ambitious and interested in the new deputy role. Whether I am competent enough to hold this position is, of course, up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back