Rynese Company Megathread

Inferno@Ryn

Registered
TNP Nation
Rynese Empire
Discord
Inferno~Ryn~#2138
I would like to first of all ask for you all to excuse any weirdness and/or oddities with the formatting, as I am still getting used to the forums.

This thread will be more or less my go-to for any worldbuilding of Rynese companies, private or otherwise, that might get mentioned in my future roleplays. This does include their products, so there might be a bit of constant posting while I set the base for everything. I, personally, find that making one very large megathread about it would be more space efficient than making a bunch for each sector of Rynese industry, and as such, this is why this exists. Of course - any and all criticism is appreciated, and above all else, kind of needed. As I am transitioning from the RMB to the Forums, I will accept anything coming my way.

Now then:

vNu1PvL.png

(excuse the rather amateurish logo, still working on that)

Taifún Automotive Corporation (Taifún Corporation Racing otherwise)

The Taifún Automotive Corporation, previously known as Taifún Motor Engineering, is one of Ryshun's oldest car manufacturers, being founded in 1959 by ex-Scylle Motors (defunct) engineer Otto von Guevex and his team of two designers and five engineers, alongside the help of Saarya von Pflanzgarten. This team, although small, was capable of kickstarting their business thanks to some promises made to the Shuto Central Bank (now Greater Ryshun Banking) and, later, the now respected and well-known Renown Racing-Engineering. Although Taifún's first years were rather rocky, often relegating themselves to small projects to ensure some sort of market competitiveness in what was a booming industry at the time. Although Otto's dream was to build the 'perfect racing engine', having left Scylle Motors due to the heavy limitations that they were imposing upon the design staff, he found himself in more than one financial struggle, only having stabilized the economic future of the company in 1962, thanks to a sponsorship deal with R.R.E, with 513 engines built for outsourcing towards professional racing categories.

In 1963, Otto and his otherwise fanatical crew of racing enthusiasts got to work on their first large project - a vehicle that would be capable of competing in the Rynese Type-5 Racing Championship. At the time regarded as the peak of Rynese engineering, the Type-5 regulations mandated that vehicles that enter the championship share at least the hood, doors and trunk of their road-going variants, as well as the engine displacement. As such, the first car to make it out of the warehouse doors where Taifún was based off was the Taifún Engineering ASC30 Fairlady Z. Powered by a 3-litre "A" series six-cylinder inline engine producing 175 horsepower to the rear wheels of the car, with a three-speed (later four-speed) transmission, it was considered to be one of the first 'true' sports cars to be produced at any sort of large scale in Ryshun. Through the 1960's and up until 1971, the ASC30 would go through three facelifts - BSC30 and CCS30Z - all of which would add onto the original purpose of the car, ensuring a place in the Type-5 Racing Championship for Taifún, and a lot of good press from R.R.E, whom were the first buyers and first 'true' team to race with the vehicles. The 'Fairlady Z' series of cars would, in later years, grow to be Taifún's 'lead' vehicle, and, now in it's sixth generation, continues to be the little rocket that it was.

And whilst the good press and expansion of the company that came forth from it during the 60's and 70's was nice, some diversification of it was required. Once the main production plant was moved away from a warehouse on the outskirts of the capital to a proper production building on the foot of the Östlanden Alpine Region, now with a stable monetary fund to keep them going and good press from their first car, Taifún set out to produce two vehicles that would hit very different spots in the market. A truck capable of hauling long distances, and a four-door affordable-luxury vehicle.

Designs for both began to appear during the eve of 1972, during the premiere year of the 2nd generation Z - the S130C - however, either vehicle went through a rigorous design process that would, the year following, end up producing the Taifún HeD-Class, which would fulfill the role of goods transportation through it's many variants until the late 1990's. Powered by an evolution of the A-series engine, it was rather advanced for it's time - in comparison to other manufacturers - with a 5-speed gearbox and a very early viscous limited slip differential for the rear axles that drove the engine's power to the road.

Though prone to some differential troubles, the first generation HeD-class was received well, and, in 1974, a similar, though slightly more robust technology would be put in use with the Taifún Verfolg (ASX40), which would fulfill the mid-level luxury demand that the company had wanted to fill two years earlier. It would be powered by a slightly smaller variant of the A-series engines, dubbed the B-series. The engine, being 2.5 litres in displacement and bringing forth 192 horsepower to the flywheel, coupled with a 3-speed automatic or 4-speed manual option, kept the Verfolg affordable whilst at the same time luxurious in other ways, keeping driver and passenger comfort high whilst sacrificing very little except outright performance - which the car wasn't made for, in any case.

With 3 lines for three different cars, all utilizing variants of a single engine 'family', production, even if otherwise impaired by the small size of the teams working on the cars, was still rather streamlined and fast, which kept the company in the green. As the years went by, and the facelifts came to the cars, the vehicles' life cycle began to become smaller as a new type of 'sport', street racing, would appear in the early years of the 1980's. Where even the otherwise heavyweight 3rd-generation ASX60 Mark II Verfolg cars were being brought up to speeds above and beyond 200 kilometers per hour, the company had to take a step back, and analyze the situation.

In 1982, after the unfortunate death of Otto von Guevex, the company decided to, as goodbye gift, create precisely what he had set out to do when he founded the company. Utilizing the new 3rd generation Fairlady Z, which was powered by the all-new VE-series 3.0 litre engine, Taifún entered the Type-5 Racing Championship as a Manufacturer's Team, and, with help from an up-and-coming aftermarket parts manufacturer called A.F.E - Ayamire-Friedrich Engineering - they would go on to create the Taifún Motorsports #22 SC31-ZR. Utilizing a new technology in the form of turbocharging - in this case, two very large "boom" turbochargers - the vehicle was almost a completely new car, following the new 'silhouette race car' formula that the Type-5 regulations had become. During it's racing years, from 1983 to 1986, the SC31-ZR would dominate the field, and, paired with Renown Racing-Engineering taking the offer to utilize the vehicle for the same championship from 1985 to 1988 - the last year where silhouette race cars would be allowed - the SC31-ZR would be the peak of Taifún's manufacturer-team success, though follow-up vehicles would at least be noteworthy in their own ways.

From 1986 to the early 2000's, Taifún would find itself in a state of calm with the company neither getting smaller nor larger, and always keeping itself in the green economically. Thanks to the replacement to the HeD-class, the Type 904, and the successors to the SC31Z throne - the SE32Z, ZZ33C and, eventually, the S34Z in the first part of the 2010's - and the continued production of the newer generation Verfolg luxury sedans - i.e. ASX100B-ASX110E Mark IV Verfolg / Östvarlen - have placed the company, as of recent times, in a better standing in comparison to how it was at the start of the current century. Though competitiveness in the automotive market of Ryshun is still very much a thing, and with a few more manufacturers than in previous times, Taifún have proven that even if the market becomes much more diversified than it originally was, it still holds an edge that perhaps the new companies do not have - a strong heritage and tradition, and most importantly, stories worth talking about.

Since five years ago, the nation began turning to streetracing profesionalization - thanks to the Project Shutokou Grand Prix, - to ensure a steady flow of experienced drivers to professional, established series, as well as the expansion of the heritage and modern culture of the nation, and Taifún Automotive Corporation have been the first to embrace this, bringing forth exclusive sponsorship deals between themselves, A.F.E - which has turned into a part of Taifún - and the drivers they present their contracts to. As of current, their top driver is Seiji Inamura, current leader of the 13 Devils, whom drives a highly modified prototype car made by Taifún for his use specifically, and has done so for the past two and a half years.

==================================

I would like to give thanks to Azenia - a good friend of mine - for helping me proofread this.

Last edited:
Back