Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125

sc.jpg

Commend The Salaxalans
Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Salaxalans
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic
The World Assembly Security Council,

Aware of the various nations in the world that have dedicated the entirety of their international work staying in one region,

Further aware that, of these nations, few make such an impact both domestically and internationally as The Salaxalans,

Admiring The Salaxalans' success in the various elections for Secretary-General of the World Assembly, where they came as a runner-up in the first election and managed to win the seat as Vice Secretary-General in the second election,

Idolizing the noble dedication to the well-rounded and versatile vegetable known as the potato, to which The Salaxalans has found international renown over, showing their love for the food by:
  1. Promising all nations of the world potatoes if they were to win the Secretary-General election, which they promptly did, following their success in the 2020 election,
  2. The collection of a massive amount of artwork commemorating the starchy food, the full assemblage of which is valued at an astronomical price,
  3. A prominent display of spuds in their flag,
Believing that, among the most influential and hefty contributions made to NationStates is The Salaxalans' continued work and service to Spiritus,

Confident that The Salaxalans has thrust their region on the world stage through their tremendous accomplishments in international and interregional diplomacy,

Acclaiming The Salaxalans for their significant strides in regional cultural events in Spiritus that has gone above and beyond what is expected of them, going so far as to start interregional affairs, including but not limited to vast organization of targeting and hunting down members of the mob which prevail in many nations around the world,

Astonished by many of the remarkable strides in both cultural and diplomatic affairs that occurred under the leadership of The Salaxalans during their many years as delegate of Spiritus, including:
  1. Maintaining high rates of regional endorsement to the delegate,
  2. Directing regional responses to international catastrophes,
  3. Creating a consistently positive foreign image for the region,
  4. Logging an extensive history of previous World Factbook Entries for the region,
  5. Preserving the sustained activity in the region and keeping this activity overwhelmingly positive,
Further awed by the codification of the role of Warlord of the Hobo Squids, a highly competitive position that holds substantive power in the Circle of Calamari, and little elsewhere,

Exalting them for their outstanding leadership in the suspiciously common nuclear winters that have occurred throughout the years, leading their own region very close to the top through their Potato Alliance, working both domestically and abroad in the process,

Celebrating the oversight and coordination demonstrated by The Salaxalans in the assorted instances of undead apocalyptic horror which has popped up throughout the years, leading cure efforts in Spiritus which were wildly successful, in some cases leading to the total clearance of the infected within the region and overall making Spiritus one of the most consistently successful regions in terms of survival in these armageddon scenarios.

And believing that these contributions the international community and to the community of Spiritus, spanning a time of over eight years and only increasing in intensity and charm, is the utmost example of what a nation should strive to be,

Hereby commends The Salaxalans.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

The Salaxalans is one of the most dedicated players in the game, dedicating over eight years to their home region of Spiritus. Over this time, he has spent six years as delegate, furthering the community around it and thrusting the region onto the international stage. "Commend The Salaxalans", gives a superb demonstration of this dedication, and shows how Spiritus would not be the region it is today if not for The Salaxalans' leadership, amongst other various accomplishments. Among these accomplishments includes the dispersion of the "potato" meme amongst NationStates, a meme so widely popular that it was recognized by Max Barry, superb leadership through both Z-Days and N-Days, and becoming the first-ever Vice WA Secretary-General.

For these reasons, The North Pacific Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote FOR the at-vote proposal, "Commend The Salaxalans."

Last edited by a moderator:
Against. I'm really not a fan of how it puts so much emphasis on the SecGen elections as a basis to be commendable. The elections is only several days, yet, that's comparable to people who have spent months if not years on doing what they do?

To me this just seems like, "he led his region well, OK here's a meme about potatoes lol".

Against.
I think it's no question that Spiritus wouldn't be what it is today without The Salaxalans - and Spiritus is a pretty big deal in the world. Sala has spent over six years as delegate in the region, and over eight years total. Maybe they haven't directly done stuff in other regions - but he certainly influenced a multitude of other regions through Spiritus. I know there is a precedent for commendations based solely on contributions to a singular region, though I am too exhausted and not motivated enough to actually find these resolutions which do so.

Maybe the "potato meme lol" thing seems out of place, but it has had an impact. Hell, Max Barry has recognized the meme before - that shows it's widespread, even if you don't find it particularly funny. Nonetheless, it is rather significant.

Against. I'm really not a fan of how it puts so much emphasis on the SecGen elections as a basis to be commendable. The elections is only several days, yet, that's comparable to people who have spent months if not years on doing what they do?
That's fair enough, I suppose. I mean, really, it only has one clause on it - two, if you count the subclause - which I felt was appropriate, given their relative success in both elections - it may be an April Fool's joke, but it still shows a general standard of likeability, and is probably an incredible accomplishment from an IC perspective. Even so, it seems like a generally small part of the proposal (to me, at least). This shouldn't overshadow their many other accomplishments.

How does a potato/winning vice secgen equal to being commendable? All it tells me is that they like potatoes and won an election
That's, uh, a minimal portion of the clauses.

Read:
Believing that, among the most influential and hefty contributions made to NationStates is The Salaxalans' continued work and service to Spiritus,

Confident that The Salaxalans has thrust their region on the world stage through their tremendous accomplishments in international and interregional diplomacy,

Acclaiming The Salaxalans for their significant strides in regional cultural events in Spiritus that has gone above and beyond what is expected of them, going so far as to start interregional affairs, including but not limited to vast organization of targeting and hunting down members of the mob which prevail in many nations around the world,

Astonished by many of the remarkable strides in both cultural and diplomatic affairs that occurred under the leadership of The Salaxalans during their many years as delegate of Spiritus, including:
  1. Maintaining high rates of regional endorsement to the delegate,
  2. Directing regional responses to international catastrophes,
  3. Creating a consistently positive foreign image for the region,
  4. Logging an extensive history of previous World Factbook Entries for the region,
  5. Preserving the sustained activity in the region and keeping this activity overwhelmingly positive,
Further awed by the codification of the role of Warlord of the Hobo Squids, a highly competitive position that holds substantive power in the Circle of Calamari, and little elsewhere,

Exalting them for their outstanding leadership in the suspiciously common nuclear winters that have occurred throughout the years, leading their own region very close to the top through their Potato Alliance, working both domestically and abroad in the process,

Celebrating the oversight and coordination demonstrated by The Salaxalans in the assorted instances of undead apocalyptic horror which has popped up throughout the years, leading cure efforts in Spiritus which were wildly successful, in some cases leading to the total clearance of the infected within the region and overall making Spiritus one of the most consistently successful regions in terms of survival in these armageddon scenarios.

And believing that these contributions the international community and to the community of Spiritus, spanning a time of over eight years and only increasing in intensity and charm, is the utmost example of what a nation should strive to be,

For...

After having asked the author a couple of questions about this proposal I’m comfortable with supporting it. I don’t really understand the whole potato meme nor do I find it amusing, but there’s nothing wrong with injecting a bit of personality into these proposals and so long as it’s nominee-specific content I don’t find it to be too out of place.

Problem is I don’t see much impact on other regions, it’s all Spiritus. Besides diplomacy, but that clause doesn’t give any examples.

Present. The proposal mainly talks about 2 things - 1 which was in relation to the SecGen election, and 2 which was about their contributions to Spiritus. Strangely enough, the first thing in my head when I read the proposal would be Mikeswill, though the nominee's actions would be more then that of Mikeswill. Though I like how the proposal attempts to add some personal flair with regards to the reference to potatoes, I am unsure if the way it is presented is the correct way, because someone merely skimping through might mistake it to be a resolution revolving around the SecGen election.

Last edited:
Promising all nations of the world potatoes if they were to win the Secretary-General election, which they promptly did, following their success in the 2020 election
I never received my potato.

Against.

Explanation :

1) Having potato on a flag or sending virtual potatoes is not commend worthy. The artwork bit is okay.
2) The proposal fails to explain "the strides" of the nation in regional cultural events. It simply says it was good.
3)While the delegate and regional leadership bit is great and commend worthy, the other clauses simply burden the resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back