PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420

sc.jpg

Commend Apulita
Category: Commendation | Nominee: Apulita
Proposed by: Jean Rowe* | Onsite Topic
The Security Council,

Recognizing that the nation of Apulita was founded in 2013 and became Delegate of Warzone Europe for the first time the very same year.

Noting that throughout the history of the Warzone regions, multiple raids caused constant instability, preventing stable communities from emerging in these regions.

Acknowledging the past and present major roles that Apulita has played in the Warzones throughout their career, such as:

• Acted as Governor of the Dominion of Warzone Europe and later as member of the Internal Ministry following their Longest Delegacy.
  • Served as Duke and participated to the draft of the Constitution of an independent government in Warzone Europe following the end of the Dominion, as well as Grand Duke of the Realm of Warzone Europe subsequently to an election when the regional community became independent again in late 2019 and finally serving as President of the Union of Warzone Europe the following year.
  • Oversaw the negotiations and invitations of Warzone governments that led to the draft of the Constitution and foundation of the Warzone Federation.
Observing a previously unseen stability in these unstable and unique regions under the Longest Delegacy of Apulita.

Impressed with the fact that Apulita is the nation that served as Delegate of a Warzone region for the longest period in all Warzones with the impressive number of 823 days as Delegate of Warzone Europe.

Recalling that the longest consecutive period of Apulita as Delegate of Warzone Europe wasn’t their first term as Delegate and that this nation sometimes served as regional Delegate again over following years.

Pleased by the efforts provided by Apulitan diplomats that prevented various Military organizations from leading military efforts in Warzone Europe.

Admiring that, despite the relatively low population of Warzone Europe, Apulita managed to successfully organize nations during emergencies such as zombie outbreaks.

Further observing that Apulita had a key role in the efforts that occurred from late 2018 to late 2019 among Warzone communities to provide stability and independent governments to the Warzone regions under a shared organization. As such, Apulita acted as Constitutional Signatory of the Warzone Federation, served as Senator, Executive Secretary and then President as a citizen of the Warzone Federation during the terms that followed its foundation. As well as Delegate of Warzone Europe and Head of EuroState under the Federal administration.

Appreciating that when the Warzone Federation was dissolved, Apulita convinced the Warzone communities to cooperate, at a time when many were unsure about the future of their diplomatic relations, and later organized talks which permitted to formalize most of the mutual defensive support between Warzones.

Believing that Apulita's work over the years both as a major regional leader and key figure of the Warzones permitted for these characteristically unstable and versatile regions to enjoy an unexpected, and unprecedented, stability and prosperity.

Hereby Commends Apulita.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

(* Posted as Alnorud on the forums)

Last edited:
"Commend Apulita” is a resolution that seeks to recognize a prominent native of the Warzone regions for their lengthy tenure as Delegate of Warzone Europe and for their supposedly invaluable influence in keeping the region stable. If Apulita is commendable, this resolution does not make the case. The resolution misrepresents the influence The North Pacific (TNP) had in protecting Warzone Europe which at the time Apulita was Delegate was a protectorate of Equilism, a treatied ally of TNP. TNP deployed to the region a number of times when the region was under threat and TNP's support of Apulita served to dissuade regions from toppling Apulita. The proposal additionally falls into the trap of just listing positions (eg. Senator, President, etc. ) without specifying what exactly Apulita did in those positions.

Additionally, it should be noted that simply reigning as Delegate for an extended period of time in one’s native region is not a commendable feat on its own and as such this proposal relies far too heavily on that one subject.

Thus, for the reasons outlined above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote AGAINST the resolution Commend Apulita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Against.

There are a number of issues with this resolution.

First and foremost, it misrepresents the role Apulita had in securing the region. WZEU was a protectorate of Equilism which TNP is treatied with. As such, a lot of major regions would not raid WZEU as it would make TNP angry (not all major regions hesitated because of this ftr). TNP piled in the region multiples times when there were concerns that the Warzone was under threat.

The resolution furthermore does not specify the work that Apulita has done under a number of positions just that they held these positions. Indeed throughout the proposal there is a lack of specifics which makes it hard to point out that the work Apulita has done, while impressive, is just not sufficiently worthy of commendation.

Against.

While some actions are impressive, the subject fails to have contributed efforts of larger importance normally associated with commendable persons.

Abstain. I think Apulita is deserving of commendation but I do think it a failing of the resolution that it omits mention of the Warzone’s time as a protectorate. I also agree with the point made about lack of detail and would add that it seems to me there is perhaps too much repetition of Apulita’s long service as Delegate.

For. While not necessarily impressive by today's standards (especially considering modern-day Sandbox and Asia), what Europe did under Apulita's reign was an absolutely incredible accomplishment, from what I've been heard.

I also feel that one of the most skipped over aspects of this proposal are the references to the Warzone Federation + successors, as well as general cooperation between the warzones that Apulita fostered.

Also, Alnorud's response on the TRR forums that I'm transcribing here:
Greetings everyone, I'm the author of this proposal and I would like to address some of the critics written here, considering the current 7-1 majority I don't expect my words to change the vote of your region but I guess I just love to argue sometimes. So to summarize my answer to some of the reasons behind votes against this proposal:

"This proposal gives credits to Apulita and erase the work of TNP and Equilism in Apulita's Longest Delegacy"
The thing is that Equilism's role was already more or less commended, as the commendation of Astarial includes a clause approving that "Warzone Europe has enjoyed a stable delegacy for the record period of six months". Warzone Europe enjoyed much more stability than that, but if Astarial's role in protecting Warzone Europe for 6 months is considered to be commendable, then I would consider it quite unfair that years of work by Apulita, not only until the Dominion protectorate but also in independent governments (Such as the Duchy, the Union and the Warzone Federation), would not be considered to be commendable. Also, an important point missed is probably that the protectorate wasn't doing all of the work for Apulita, a good example of that would be that: the protectorate made WZEU a tasty target and after Apulita resigned, the regional community was raided because of this protectorate and the Dominion never recovered from that. The answer to why the Dominion didn't recovered or prevented this raid (And why it didn't happened under Apulita) is probably that while allied pilers are useful when threatened, Warzones can't afford this luxury constantly as they are mechanically constantly threatened and only an active government managing to keep the amount of native pilers high enough to prevent raids can actually allow a stable Delegacy in a Warzone.
(Archive showing that WZEU was targeted because of their links with their protectors: https://web.archive.org/web/20180221063503/https://www.nationstates.net/region=warzone_europe)

The time when Apulita participated to prevent WZEU (And other Warzones) from being raided by Rifty is another example of how you the protectorate worked because of both sides participating to this success, not only TNP and Equilism. But in short, regardless of how much allies you have as a Warzoner, you won't last long if you don't have a good amount of native pilers to begin with.

A long Delegacy streak in a small region is nothing of note
Well, it's not exactly like it was an UCR or something, it's a Warzone, made to be raided and with all kind of things making them easier to destroy than any other region in Nationstates. I'm also rather confused as of why a 823 days Delegacy wouldn't be an achievement (Which have been considered as such at the time, as it was unprecedented) while Codger (Who revived their Warzone nation to give support to this proposal) was mainly commended for their 365 days Delegacy. Of course what Codger did was unprecedented and impressive, but so was what Apulita managed to do.

Bringing the Warzones together is more of note than their Longest Delegacy
I think there's an interesting point there as, yes, Apulita have proven to be extremely influential in Warzone politics since late 2018, founding the first actually rather successful attempt at founding a common organization to several Warzones at the same time and later being very influential when pretty much everyone was unsure about what was going to happen with the Federation being dissolved, hence why they were voted Most Influential Warzoner at 2019 Warzone awards. However, the Delegacy of Apulita (added with their diplomatic skills in general) is probably the main reason as of why they were and are as influential in the eyes of Warzoners.
It was their opinion that founded the Federation and it was their opinion was brought all six Warzone communities together for probably the first in like... forever?
I personally think that these things have quite an important part in this proposal, I voluntarily decided to delicate clauses focusing separately on these things and the Warzone Federation one is actually the longest of all. I think people are mainly remembering the 823 days Delegacy after a read of it because it's perhaps the clearest achievement of Apulita from the list.

To conclude this short(?) answer, I would agree with Morover who said that looking back at what Apulita did, it now seems doable by nowadays standards, but that the reason why we consider it doable now is probably highly related to the fact that someone managed to do it. Both Apulita and Codger were similarly influential in the History of the Warzones, which were considered for years as unholdable regions.

Oh, and I hope I'm actually allowed to post here, and whatever your vote will be, thanks for taking some time to think about it in any case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back