Not open for further replies.

Nimarya

Chicken Overlord
TNP Nation
Nimarya
Discord
Nimarya#6961
C6b1Y1a.png

Home Affairs has been busy this past month! We’ve focused primarily on cleaning house and laying the groundwork for a better system going forward, and I’m proud to say that I think we’ve succeeded.

HA’s Roster

The first and most important thing we’ve done is set up a new roster system for HA. Unlike previous rosters, this one aims to record and track data with a stronger focus on what exactly HA accomplishes with each list. This will serve the dual purpose of monitoring staff activity on both general and individual levels, as well as providing us with data we can potentially use for studies in the future. For example, by recording the release and completion dates for lists, we can then look at corresponding forum activity throughout that time period and see for ourselves the effect HA’s outreach has.

HA’s Roster will be updated by myself and my deputies as we go through the term, and thanks to all the neat data we’ve collected so far, I can happily share these statistics for the term so far:

• 488 rows have been completed
  • 3,214 telegrams have been delivered
  • 81 new members have been contacted by forum mentors

Roll Call and Home Office Schedule

I did a roll call at the start of the term, and despite having to purge some inactive staff, thankfully HA now has a large and active group of 24 staff members, 11 of which are also forum mentors, and 4 of which applied this past month.

@9003 has been a phenomenal deputy this month, particularly with managing the forum mentorship lists, and I’ll be sorry to see him go for the next while as he takes a break due to real life commitments- however, HA will not burn down in his absence, thanks in part to a new rotational schedule I have implemented to ensure all of the necessary administrative work will be done timely and in an organized fashion.

Home Office work will rotate between myself and my remaining active deputies, @BluieGamer and @BMWSurfer. One thing that bothered me in the past was that work was rather unevenly distributed in HA sometimes, with one or two people shouldering certain jobs and ending up trapped in them, while others would be left feeling as if there was nothing for them to do. With this new Home Office schedule, which provides each staff member in Home Office with one main administrative job to focus on each week, hopefully that won’t happen again.

Game Night

On May 29, Home Affairs and Radio collaborated to host TNP Executive Staff’s first Game Night! We had a large enough turnout to successfully play all of the games we had scheduled, and everyone had a good time. I fully believe that we should continue to pursue Executive Staff Game Night as a fun and rewarding event for TNP’s hardworking staff.

Additionally, for future Game Nights I would like to see the stream opened up to everyone in TNP’s main Discord server. All residents would be able to participate as members of the audience (and mess with the players), while Executive Staff would be the actual players. This could serve as an excellent outreach opportunity for HA- we could incentivise joining the Executive Staff to newer players who join in on Game Night. I would also like to begin thinking about the possibility of minor prizes, or some manner of scoreboard for future games.

Pen Pals

Finally, I’ve recently unveiled HA’s latest project, the Pen Pal program! Going forward, HA staff will partner with Gameside Advocates to send out personalized telegrams to promising nations active on the RMB. It is my hope that this program will not only serve as a nice and different way for staff to engage in outreach, but that these individual, tailored messages will have a high response and retention rate, serving as a nice addition to our other HA telegrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back